Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
All Cigar Discussion>Shackherf V Through SmokinApe's Eyes
SmokinApe 11:52 AM 08-17-2009
I want to say a big thank you to Dave and his family for opening his house to so many people and for all of their hard work to ensure that everyone had a great time. The generosity shown was something that I have never seen before and I was totally blown away with the entire experience….

It was great to meet up with old friends, make new ones, and put faces to so many to screen names I have interacted with in the past…

Now, here is my recounting of the event…

One of my good friends (SkibumDC) and I spent countless hours planning our trip to the Shack and decided to leave early Thursday morning. Wanting to travel in luxury we decided to take my 1999 Honda Accord Champagne 4 Door Sedan. It was the right choice to make as it was able to accommodate both the liquor store and B&M we planned to bring along...

Both Ski and I were first timers to Shack and didn’t know what to expect so we turned to the local cigar community and decided to commission what was referred to as a “Shack Sherpa” to guide us on our journey. Fortunately one of the Mid-Atlantic’s foremost authorities on both Cigars and Shack Herf, jkim05, was available. Jkim knew this would be no easy task so he made sure to get plenty of rest as I piloted the ’99…

[Reply]
SmokinApe 11:52 AM 08-17-2009
After checking into the hotel and meeting up with a bunch of other cigar enthusiasts, we caravan to the Shack to settle in and start smoking.

I had always heard that Thursday night at the Shack was the quiet and less crowded of the weekend but it was the biggest Heft I have ever seen. We were in luck though as there was plenty of parking available…

*Disclaimer, this picture is a recreation. It is not really from the herf…

It was a great night; I meet so many people, smoked a ton of cigars that I never heard of and watch the sunset with some great friends. We smoked and drank late into the night having great discussions around some of today’s most important topics such as hound dogs, lever action rifles and scented artificial baits…

[Reply]
SmokinApe 11:53 AM 08-17-2009

The rest of the weekend consisted of similar events. Saturday was a bit hot so everyone made sure to keep hydrated by drinking plenty of; Pabst Blue Ribbon, Miller Lite, Coors Light, LeBatts Blue, Scotch, Bourbon, Gin, Wine, Soju (don’t ask), Rum and a variety of mixed potions. Also there was an abundance of tasty treats for the health conscious community smokers; donuts, bacon explosions, steak, cold cuts and fresh picked corn on the cob…

[Reply]
SmokinApe 11:54 AM 08-17-2009

Saturday night was plan amazing; there were literarily a 100 people on the pier watching the sunset and PPPing cigars in every direction.

Sunday morning we got up and shook off the cobwebs, loaded up the ’99 and headed back east, jkim who had done wonderfully as the Shack Sherpa once again needed some rest…

All jokes aside, it was truly an incredible time and I really was in awe to see the generosity and comradely of everyone who was there… thanks again to everyone who was at Shack, it was the greatest smoking weekend of my life…
[Reply]
md4958 11:59 AM 08-17-2009
great pics Jeremy.
[Reply]
Mugen910 12:02 PM 08-17-2009
Thanks for sharing J...you deserve another beer!
[Reply]
massphatness 12:05 PM 08-17-2009
Originally Posted by md4958:
great pics Jeremy.
Originally Posted by Mugen910:
Who are you two? New here?

Nice pics, J.
[Reply]
SmokinApe 12:05 PM 08-17-2009
[Reply]
vicvitola 12:16 PM 08-17-2009
Way I figure it! After three days you just plain blowd out! :-)

It was great meeting you man!
[Reply]
SmokinApe 12:19 PM 08-17-2009
Originally Posted by vicvitola:
Way I figure it! After three days you just plain blowd out! :-)

It was great meeting you man!
Same... I am still blow'd out, I done caught the smoke poisoning!
[Reply]
Mugen910 12:19 PM 08-17-2009
Originally Posted by SmokinApe:
Same... I am still blow'd out, I done caught the smoke poisoning!
:-)
[Reply]
Clampdown 12:26 PM 08-17-2009
Great posts and pics J. It was once again a memorable experience. How can you not have a single picture of your other roommate, that strapping young man, what a guy he is.
[Reply]
Mugen910 12:30 PM 08-17-2009
Originally Posted by Clampdown:
Great posts and pics J. It was once again a memorable experience. How can you not have a single picture of your other roommate, that strapping young man, what a guy he is.
You mean the guy who kept showing people how to make duck noises outta his @$$?
[Reply]
Mr.Maduro 12:34 PM 08-17-2009
You mean the guy who kept showing people how to make duck noises outta his @$$?
I wasn't Jeremy's other roommate? :-)

:-)
[Reply]
kelmac07 12:47 PM 08-17-2009
Thanks for sharing...great pics!!
[Reply]
SmokinApe 01:08 PM 08-17-2009
Here he is...

[Reply]
Jokermann 01:10 PM 08-17-2009
IF YOU TAKE CARE OF YOUR TAINT, YOUR TAINT WILL TAKE CARE OF YOU!!

Seriously good meeting you Ape!
[Reply]
Clampdown 01:12 PM 08-17-2009
Originally Posted by SmokinApe:
Here he is...

Great, the one picture you post is me smoking ****.
[Reply]
ir13 01:19 PM 08-17-2009
Great, the one picture you post is me smoking ****.
Boohoo, The rest of the weekend was nothing but baller cigars for you :-)
[Reply]
MedicCook 02:35 PM 08-17-2009
Thanks for sharing the pictures.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up