Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
All Cigar Discussion>Cedar question
jerseystepup 07:35 PM 08-20-2009
i read in a previous thread, that alot of people remove the cedar sleeves from their sticks if they plan on aging them... im curious to everyones opinion.. i have a full box of AF sungrowns that im stashing away for a long time as well as alot of opus singles that im letting sit that all have cedar on them.. Not trying to start a debate similar to the cello one.. just looking for what seems to be best for taste long term..
[Reply]
Bax 07:40 PM 08-20-2009
Other than the Anejo I leave the sleeves on. They are a must for removing.
[Reply]
kelmac07 08:09 PM 08-20-2009
I remove all of mine before they go in the humi...just a personal perference.
[Reply]
skullnrose 08:25 PM 08-20-2009
For the most part I leave em as I got Em. The anejo's like to mold under the cedar though so I keep a close eye on them or remove it.
[Reply]
ChasDen 08:39 PM 08-20-2009
Why do you guys insist on keeping all those cigars with cedar wrappers :-)

If you take them off, they will not "age" properly. If you leave them on they will mold. Oh stop the silliness and just send all those nasty cigars to me and I will smoke them puppies before they ever get a chance to mold :-) :-)

Sorry I'm no help, mine never last long enough to mold since I tend to smoke them too much. Anejo's appear to be the ones that want to mold, the Opus I don't recall hearing too much fuss over, so the sungrowns should be fine. If concerned, just check them every now and then.

Chas
[Reply]
Cigary 08:42 PM 08-20-2009
Originally Posted by Bax:
Other than the Anejo I leave the sleeves on. They are a must for removing.
Yep

Originally Posted by kelmac07:
I remove all of mine before they go in the humi...just a personal perference.
I like the cedar "notes" it gives the cigar so I keep mine on,,personal preference as you mentioned.
Originally Posted by skullnrose:
For the most part I leave em as I got Em. The anejo's like to mold under the cedar though so I keep a close eye on them or remove it.
Yep, again.:-)
[Reply]
Up