Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
All Cigar Discussion>When your shipment arrives
jerseystepup 02:27 PM 08-14-2009
Wow. I've been smoking this verocu for about 45 mins. And I'm just reaching the half way point. This cigar is amazing even rott. VERY VERY close to a cc, probably one of the closest out of my experience with NC's. If you haven't had this stick yet... Do yourself a favor and pick some up. As soon as I go inside I'm ordering 2 more boxes. They'll get smoked through quick!
[Reply]
Ratters 10:58 PM 08-14-2009
I try to let them rest, but pretty much grab one because I have very little self control.
[Reply]
ucla695 11:02 PM 08-14-2009
I inspect them and then bury them in the humi for at least a month so they can recover from their journey. I've never had a good cigar ROTT. :-)
[Reply]
Kreth 11:18 PM 08-14-2009
If I order a 5er or box/bundle, I'll usually try one ROTT. Singles I try to let rest for a week or two.
[Reply]
BORIStheBLADE 11:28 PM 08-14-2009
I used to fire one up right away, not they go into the freezer and I play the waiting game.
[Reply]
Chris. 11:32 PM 08-14-2009
Originally Posted by Scottw:
Ill usually try one if they don't seem too wet although I would leave it unhumidified for a day before lighting up. I'd leave the rest for at least 2-3 weeks to calm down a bit.
I would do that, but the humidity in my house is like 76-78%! :-)

I'm pretty good about waiting a few days before smoking one. A week is pushing it. If the first one doesn't smoke well, I try to wait a month.
[Reply]
lightning9191 09:37 AM 08-15-2009
Originally Posted by ucla695:
I inspect them and then bury them in the humi for at least a month so they can recover from their journey. I've never had a good cigar ROTT. :-)
:-) They always seem much better after some rest.
[Reply]
Scottw 09:55 AM 08-15-2009
Originally Posted by Chris.:
I would do that, but the humidity in my house is like 76-78%! :-)

I'm pretty good about waiting a few days before smoking one. A week is pushing it. If the first one doesn't smoke well, I try to wait a month.
Time for a dehumidifer I think. I have one and my house is about 63-65 RH all the time. My humidor doesn't even have a humidification device i it anymore, I took them out for more cigars and it's stable at 63-65.I have a cigar in there that is over 80 years old and it is in tip top shape.
[Reply]
rizzle 11:55 AM 08-15-2009
I haven't smoked one right off the truck in a while. I usually rest them for a couple of weeks.
[Reply]
Cigary 02:02 PM 08-15-2009
I always smoke one that day and leave the rest to hibernate. After that I lable each cigar with a date on them and then smoke one a month. If I get a 5 pak I do the same thing. Lately, I have been buying the 5 paks and keep everything in a rotation,,,damn OCD!
[Reply]
ZenSilk 02:25 PM 08-15-2009
Into the fridge and then into the humi for maybe a week before first smoke.
[Reply]
Chris. 02:52 PM 08-15-2009
how long do you guys keep them in the fridge or freezer?
[Reply]
NorcalMark 03:16 PM 08-15-2009
I usually let them sit for a day outside of the humidor before putting them away. Certain cigars I try and wait for them to dry up just a bit.

But my curiosity gets the best of me after about a week!
[Reply]
groogs 03:40 PM 08-15-2009
They always go into the fridge and then to the freezer for a week. Then they go into the humi for a month before I smoke one. Very rarely do I smoke one ROTT.
[Reply]
SmokinCozy 04:44 PM 08-15-2009
I smoke one ROTT and see if I might want another in the next couple of months, since they are headed to the deep freeze. I usually pull out a fiver if I think I might want more.
[Reply]
Wharf Rat 05:34 PM 08-15-2009
Originally Posted by M1903A1:
I tend to try one ROTT. Do a pre-light draw test, drybox it if need be, then see how they're doing. The rest go into the freezer and into the humi to stabilize.
Yeah, I take one or two and throw them in a plastic bag with a little humidifying element. This isolates them from the rest of the stash. The remainder get frozen before ending up with the general population.
[Reply]
massphatness 05:40 PM 08-15-2009
Originally Posted by dunng:
Mine go into the freezer before they hit the main humidor... eventually I get to smoke one! :-)
The main humidor he says ... :-)

(I freeze mine too.)
[Reply]
Bax 05:55 PM 08-15-2009
Just had one ROTT myself. A bit tight but a great smoke. I still like the East Coast better but this is a great medium smoke. :-)
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up