View Poll Results: What do you do with your empty cigar boxes
Throw them in the bin 5 4.17%
Give them away 13 10.83%
Store other items in them 55 45.83%
Nothing - they just sit there 47 39.17%
Voters: 120. You may not vote on this poll
Page 2 of 2
< 12
All Cigar Discussion>What do you do with your empty cigar boxes?
njstone 09:57 AM 07-25-2009
I user tupperdors, so I store all my cigars in cigar boxes inside my bins. Since I don't purchase a lot of full-boxes, I do like to store my cigars in the "real" boxes if I can or at least something close.

Also, I've found that although at first I liked Rocky Patel boxes and others like that which look really cool, now that storage space is more of an issue, I find that the square or rectangular boxes fit together much nicer (Tetris, baby!).

In fact, I need a few empties. I'm always looking for:

Torano Tribute (church)
Padilla Miami (church)
Padilla 1932 (church)
Illusione 4/2g
Cubao lancero
...and most Tatuaje and DPG type boxes (thin, square/rectangle, fit together nicely!)
[Reply]
TomHagen 10:08 PM 07-25-2009
I have a tower of power - some empty, some with stuff in 'em. I don't buy boxes, unless in a split, so I pretty much have some left over from when I refurbished the inside of this...

Mostly with Tatuaje & LFD Coronado boxes...
Attached:
[Reply]
Skywalker 11:12 PM 07-25-2009
If they are wood, cedar especially, they get used in the coolidor or VinoTemp!!! I store other cigars in them... by size!!!!:-)
[Reply]
Bluce 01:10 AM 08-13-2009
many of them display great craftsmanship and it would be a shame to throw them away.
I keep them in hopes of doing something great with them some day. But I hardly have room to store my tools for now, let alone start a project.
I might take the cedar out of them before i threw them away though, that could be put to so many other great uses.
[Reply]
Dunkel 01:27 AM 08-13-2009
Originally Posted by tobii3:
Decorating the hooch to keep your sanity for 15 months...

I bet the Forbidden X that band came off of cost a fortune and lasted all day! :-)
[Reply]
papajohn67 02:07 AM 08-13-2009
We recently had our yearly community garage sale and I sold a ton of boxes that had just been sitting around. Have used the proceeds to buy cigars for the troops.
[Reply]
pmwz 02:45 AM 08-13-2009
i have one for coin change and i have a couple on one of my walls.
[Reply]
Mr. Ed 11:25 AM 08-13-2009
Cedar boxes with sliding lid tops I keep around, dress boxes I either give away to friends or toss.
[Reply]
BlackDog 12:01 PM 08-13-2009
I have several "recycled" in my 2 coolerdors that store loose cigars. I often use other boxes to store some of my fly tying gear. Moths don't like cedar, so it helps preserve my feathers and furs from damage.
[Reply]
csbrewfisher 12:11 PM 08-13-2009
I store other things in them, like cigars. They come in very handy in coolerdors.
[Reply]
rudeJARHEAD 12:54 PM 08-13-2009
They get other items stored in them. My wife prefers the cigar boxes to expensive jewelry boxes(more money for me to spend on smokes) and my kids keep crayons and pencils in them. There is a fellow at one of the B&M's that I frequent that makes guitar/uke's out of them. They look cool as hell too.
[Reply]
bdcigarsmoker 06:53 PM 08-18-2009
My wife and daughter lay claim to the ones they like. If there are any left, they sit on the shelf untill I find a nned for one.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up