Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 8 of 11
« First < 678 910 > Last »
Island (The other ones) Reviews>Lancero love
borndead1 09:18 PM 03-17-2023
Smoking another La Palina Illumination lancero. I believe it's the only one I've smoked since my last comment on this thread.

Nice cigar. I see that I considered these to be very strong in my last review. The 'strength' has subsided a bit with some humidor time. Good draw. Good burn with only 2 minor corrections.

Nothing mind blowing, flavor wise. But a really tasty smoke. Woodsy aroma coming from the foot as I type. Very noticeable sweetness on the draw, tobacco and wood through the nose.

I see through an internet search that these appear to be discontinued. Glad I bought a metric sh*t ton of 5 packs when I did. :-)
[Reply]
borndead1 09:46 PM 03-21-2023
Megilla lancero (7 x 42)

This appears to be another Cigar Page exclusive. I've had pretty good luck with their house brand smokes, so I added a fiver of these to a recent order. This one has been nekkid in the humi for only a few days.

This is a well constructed cigar. Smooth medium brown wrapper with a nice sheen. No lumps! Nice weight in the hand. Good draw. When a cigar feels way heavier than it looks, but still draws well, that's the work of a talented torcedor.

Nice smoke. No major twists and turns in the flavor. Pretty typical Nicaraguan cigar flavors of wood and baking spice, but very smooth through the nose. Unlike the quadruple ligero bombs that became popular for some reason. Good burn with only a couple of minor corrections. Nice aroma from the foot. A bit of a floral flavor comes in during the second half. There's a nice depth to the flavor that I only get from Cubans and a few NCs. It's a palate coating sensation that I cannot put into words.

Final thoughts...this is another budget friendly winner from Cigar Page. :-)
[Reply]
Axeman 04:55 PM 03-22-2023
Originally Posted by borndead1:
Megilla lancero (7 x 42)

This appears to be another Cigar Page exclusive. I've had pretty good luck with their house brand smokes, so I added a fiver of these to a recent order. This one has been nekkid in the humi for only a few days.

This is a well constructed cigar. Smooth medium brown wrapper with a nice sheen. No lumps! Nice weight in the hand. Good draw. When a cigar feels way heavier than it looks, but still draws well, that's the work of a talented torcedor.

Nice smoke. No major twists and turns in the flavor. Pretty typical Nicaraguan cigar flavors of wood and baking spice, but very smooth through the nose. Unlike the quadruple ligero bombs that became popular for some reason. Good burn with only a couple of minor corrections. Nice aroma from the foot. A bit of a floral flavor comes in during the second half. There's a nice depth to the flavor that I only get from Cubans and a few NCs. It's a palate coating sensation that I cannot put into words.

I appreciate this review. I've been looking for a replacement for some favorites of mine that devalued (got priced more than I think they're worth).
I'll give these a try and if I like them I'll put in some survival rations.
[Reply]
borndead1 09:36 PM 03-23-2023
Smoking another Murcielago lancero.

DAAAAAAMN, what a great smoke. A humidor nap has done wonders for an already good cigar. Good draw. Long, slow burn (over an hour!). No major twists and turns. Fairly typical Nicaraguan maduro wrap flavors. Cocoa, coffee, coconut. The 3 Cs of a Nic maduro.

There's not much hype around these, and I have a feeling that this line is about to be discontinued (or rebooted for the 4th time). So I grabbed 2 boxes of these lanceros. If I can make some room, I will probably get a couple more boxes of the toros as well.

But I probably can't make room. Oh well. It won't be my first beloved cigar that is lost forever.
[Reply]
longknocker 06:44 AM 03-24-2023
Smoking another Murcielago lancero.

DAAAAAAMN, what a great smoke. A humidor nap has done wonders for an already good cigar. Good draw. Long, slow burn (over an hour!). No major twists and turns. Fairly typical Nicaraguan maduro wrap flavors. Cocoa, coffee, coconut. The 3 Cs of a Nic maduro.

There's not much hype around these, and I have a feeling that this line is about to be discontinued (or rebooted for the 4th time). So I grabbed 2 boxes of these lanceros. If I can make some room, I will probably get a couple more boxes of the toros as well.

But I probably can't make room. Oh well. It won't be my first beloved cigar that is lost forever.
Just Bought 15, Mark!:-):-). Great Review! Thanks! How Long Did You Rest Them To Get Their "Peak Performance"??? Thanks!
[Reply]
borndead1 08:24 PM 03-26-2023
Originally Posted by longknocker:
Just Bought 15, Mark!:-):-). Great Review! Thanks! How Long Did You Rest Them To Get Their "Peak Performance"??? Thanks!
Quite a while, honestly. My last fiver auction win was about a year and a half ago.
[Reply]
borndead1 08:34 PM 03-26-2023
Southern Draw Jacob's Ladder lancero

I think this cigar came as part of a sampler. I've tried several of the Southern Draw line, and honestly I think the best one so far has been the Rose of Sharon, a mild CT wrap cigar.

Very well constructed, perfect draw. Decent burn with only one minor correction around 1/3 of the way in. Pretty typical quadruple ligero bomb Nicaraguan maduro flavors. Coffee, cocoa, coconut. Either I have the palate of a goat, or mofos need to start blending more interesting cigars. Or I need to stop reviewing cigars while drinking.

This lancero is a solid smoke, for sure. But it's not something I would buy a box of. For a full flavored Nicaraguan maduro, I prefer the Murcielago lancero for around the same price.
[Reply]
icehog3 08:09 AM 03-27-2023
Southern Draw Jacob's Ladder lancero

For a full flavored Nicaraguan maduro, I prefer the Murcielago lancero for around the same price.
I agree with you Mark. :-)
[Reply]
icehog3 08:49 AM 03-28-2023
[Reply]
longknocker 09:38 AM 03-28-2023
Quite a while, honestly. My last fiver auction win was about a year and a half ago.
Thanks! Maybe I'll Wait 3 Months & Try Them For The First Time.:-)
[Reply]
Ashcan Bill 12:43 PM 03-28-2023
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Now that's a Punch you don't see everyday. How'd it smoke?
[Reply]
icehog3 01:56 PM 03-28-2023
Originally Posted by Ashcan Bill:
Now that's a Punch you don't see everyday. How'd it smoke?
It was beautiful, Bill. I have heard horror stories of plugged cabs of these, but i haven't had a single tight draw yet.
[Reply]
borndead1 07:20 PM 03-28-2023
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Is that a ManTua? They were an 'alternate' on my list of foolish purchases. I went with the SCDH Cabanas instead.
[Reply]
icehog3 07:35 AM 03-29-2023
Is that a ManTua? They were an 'alternate' on my list of foolish purchases. I went with the SCDH Cabanas instead.
It is, Mark. Came in a 50 cab, and they smoke wonderfully.
[Reply]
longknocker 06:34 PM 04-22-2023
Megilla lancero (7 x 42)

Nice smoke. No major twists and turns in the flavor. Pretty typical Nicaraguan cigar flavors of wood and baking spice, but very smooth through the nose. Unlike the quadruple ligero bombs that became popular for some reason. Good burn :-):-)with only a couple of minor corrections. Nice aroma from the foot. A bit of a floral flavor comes in during the second half. There's a nice depth to the flavor that I only get from Cubans and a few NCs. It's a palate coating sensation that I cannot put into words.

Smoking One, Now! Delicious! Thanks For The Great Review!:-):-):-)
[Reply]
MaytagMan 06:41 PM 04-22-2023
Megilla lancero (7 x 42)

TFTR! I've seen the brand on Cigar Page for a while but have always hesitated on pulling the trigger for some reason. Now I have a good reason to order more cigars! Excellent...
[Reply]
borndead1 08:32 PM 06-09-2023
Whassup, my BOTL?

Smoking another Murcielago lancero. DAMN, these are good smokes with some humidor time. Still the typical maduro flavors of cocoa and coconut, but a very noticeable floral flavor and aroma coming from the foot. I'm on a break from work, and I'm smoking this long skinny stick with a petite syrah from northern CA.

Life is good. :-)
[Reply]
longknocker 07:33 AM 06-10-2023
Whassup, my BOTL?

Smoking another Murcielago lancero. DAMN, these are good smokes with some humidor time. Still the typical maduro flavors of cocoa and coconut, but a very noticeable floral flavor and aroma coming from the foot. I'm on a break from work, and I'm smoking this long skinny stick with a petite syrah from northern CA.

Life is good. :-)
How Long Humi Time, Mark? Mine Are Still Resting After 2 Months???
[Reply]
icehog3 08:50 AM 06-10-2023
May 2015 RyJ Cazadores. Just a few left now.

[Reply]
borndead1 07:42 PM 06-10-2023
Originally Posted by longknocker:
How Long Humi Time, Mark? Mine Are Still Resting After 2 Months???
This particular cigar has been out of the cello and in my low humidity desktop for a little over 1 year.
[Reply]
Page 8 of 11
« First < 678 910 > Last »
Up