Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Island (The other ones) Reviews>CI Legend yellow
Don Fernando 08:50 AM 01-07-2009
Nothing wrong with my nails.
[Reply]
dannysguitar 09:08 AM 01-07-2009
Nice Review! I got a few in the humi. I'll try and pull 1 out this weekend!
[Reply]
rizzle 09:14 AM 01-07-2009
I always find your reviews, as well as general comments, of non-cuban cigars interesting being as you have unlimited access to cigars of cuban origin. You seem to go against the grain of many that participate on the board and reinforce what I believe to be true.
:-)
[Reply]
Don Fernando 09:16 AM 01-07-2009
Cubans are overpriced and I like many Non Cubans just as good as the better Cubans. There are lots of great Cuban cigars, but there are just as many or even more (power lies in numbers in this case) Non Cubans.
[Reply]
G G 10:23 AM 01-07-2009
Thanks for the review Ferdinand.:-)
[Reply]
Silound 07:37 PM 01-07-2009
Originally Posted by Don Fernando:
Cubans are overpriced and I like many Non Cubans just as good as the better Cubans. There are lots of great Cuban cigars, but there are just as many or even more (power lies in numbers in this case) Non Cubans.
I suspect the overpriced part is because of local taxes in the NL? Because typically the prices on most CC's are fairly competitive per stick dollar wise for those....umm on the other side of the puddle. :-)
[Reply]
MarkinAZ 09:35 PM 01-07-2009
This CI legend is blended by Don Pepin Garcia and it can’t go wrong there, I have loved every Don Pepin cigar I smoked so far.
Thanks for the excellent review and photo's DF. This is a solid medium bodied smoke with pleasant aroma. I have a couple of these that have been hanging around for just about a year now. Probably should drag one out and set some fire to it:-)
[Reply]
Don Fernando 11:44 PM 01-07-2009
Originally Posted by Silound:
I suspect the overpriced part is because of local taxes in the NL? Because typically the prices on most CC's are fairly competitive per stick dollar wise for those....umm on the other side of the puddle. :-)
I disagree, this cigar, the CI Legend Yellow for instance, costs less then 80 USD for a box of 20, find me a cc of comparable size and quality for that price. I haven't found them yet.
[Reply]
Thrak 07:03 PM 07-31-2009
I'm enjoying one of these now and have to agree with the initial post, an excellent cigar. No burn issues here and I"ll be looking to buy a 5 or 10 pack on JoeCigar soon. :-)

Now I'm torn between the yellow and red labels.
[Reply]
Mr B 11:15 AM 08-03-2009
Nice review of one of my Fav's
[Reply]
adampc22 11:17 AM 08-03-2009
i had on of thos in the mail well i thought i did
[Reply]
Wanger 06:18 AM 08-04-2009
a manure predraw, yuck :-) now an aroma of manure or hay, that is possible, but when a stick tastes like manure I won't smoke it.
So what you're telling us is that you know what manure tastes like. :-)

Nice review, Don. I've had a few of these and found them to be fairly tasty. :-)

I thought that they were more expensive that $80. I remembered them being closer to $120, but I could be wrong, as I often am.
[Reply]
Don Fernando 06:44 AM 08-04-2009
Kids stick everything in their mouth Mike, and yes, I too have been a kid.

make that $80 $69,95 right here. Unfortunately they are backordered.
[Reply]
kelmac07 09:44 AM 08-04-2009
Thanks for the review...I have heard many good tings about these CI Legends. Might have to try some here soon.
[Reply]
lou2row 07:27 PM 08-04-2009
Very nice review. I did a blind review on one of these that had a couple years age on it. Flavors meld even better with some time on em.
[Reply]
csbrewfisher 08:39 AM 08-05-2009
Ferdinand, thanks for posting this review. I've had some of these resting for awhile, and I decided to fire one up last night. It was very enjoyable. Complex enough flavors, very good construction, and I only had to retouch the burn at almost the nub. I would definitely buy more of these.
[Reply]
Smokin Gator 10:21 AM 05-01-2010
It had been a long while since I had smoked one of these. I pulled one out this morning and was reminded what a nice stick it is. If only they were a smaller RG I would smoke a lot of them!!
[Reply]
Ogre 12:08 PM 05-01-2010
I have not had the yellow, YET. I will have to give it a try after that review. I have smoked the red and loved it, just ordered a box.
[Reply]
SkinsFanLarry 12:57 PM 05-01-2010
Ferdinand, nice review and pic's my friend!

To date, that is the only CI Legend cigar I care for.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up