Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>Don Tomas Clasico Presidente Cigar Review Video
kaelaria 10:21 PM 04-18-2010

This 7.5×50 stick offers a medium brown, very soft and satiny wrapper with almost no veins and clean seams topped by a double cap. The aroma is a potent but soft tobacco with a touch of pepper. First light reveals a tight draw, medium-full body, good smoke production and a slightly sweet, peppery wood and tobacco flavor. The first third holds the same profile, with a great even burn and good smoke production despite the firm draw. The ash holds on for 1 1/2″ and at the 30 min mark the draw opened up slightly, increasing smoke production and body to a medium-full. Flavors transitioned to a soft leahter, heavy earth, slight sweetness and black pepper with a bit of zing on the long finish. 40 min in at the end of the first third, flavors had gone to a rich, oly creamy butter with hints of cocoa and a dry licorice, the finish a dry tobacco. Smoke output kept increasing also getting richer with a slightly looser draw. 1:10 in at the 1/2 way point flavors were a rich creamy leather with a short smooth tobacco finish. Draw continued to ease and smoke output still increased to a great level of amount and richness. Ending at 1:45 with about 1″ remaining, the flavors took on an additional component of a slight cocoa in the last third adding to an already rich pleasant collection. Video on the site.
[Reply]
borndead1 04:48 PM 04-19-2010
Wasn't this cigar in CA's Top 25 of the year recently?

Thanks for the review. Too much stogie for me though.
[Reply]
kaelaria 04:50 PM 04-19-2010
I have no idea, I just skimmed that opinion/ad list, don't remember much of it :-)
[Reply]
Up