Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>ITC 10th Anniversary by Rocky Patel
Starscream 07:46 PM 04-11-2010
I used to be a big RP fan, but lately his stuff is not as much to my liking. Yet I have been a big fan of most of the Indian Tabac lines. I was gifted this stick today by one of my inlaws and we both smoked one on his front porch. I was quite impressed by this stick. Starts out pretty medium bodied and ends very full strength.

1st third: The cigar after lighting immediately has strong spice and pepper. Not overpowering, but pretty peppery.

2nd third: Pepper is pretty much gone and a slight sweet chocolate flavor arises for a short bit. Then nutty flavors take over for the rest of the second third.

Final third: The final third really picks up in strength. Very full-bodied at this point. Pepper returns, but it's not overbearing by any means. This power in the final third kind of snuck up on me. I made a comment while smoking this that it wasn't very full-bodied at all. But after I put it out and stood up, I felt a little woozy.

I really liked this stick! Very impressed by it. I've seen these for sell at CI for quite a while now, but never pulled the trigger on them. I'll have to put them on my buy list.
[Reply]
TheRiddick 08:58 PM 04-11-2010
Rocky should have his son-in-law make more cigars for him.
[Reply]
dannysguitar 10:34 AM 04-12-2010
Thanks for the review. I'm a fan of this stick!
[Reply]
JbGilmore 10:51 AM 04-12-2010
RP was a one-hit-wonder for me, after the initial value wore off so did the brand.
[Reply]
Dunkel 12:19 PM 04-12-2010
I've had one and liked it alot.
[Reply]
kenstogie 12:28 PM 04-12-2010
I like the ITC 10th (AJ fernandez blend if I am not mistaken) I have smoked many many of the Indian Tabacs
[Reply]
MarkinAZ 08:28 PM 04-24-2010
Glad you enjoyed it Andy. They are decent...
[Reply]
boom 12:21 AM 04-25-2010
These are good. just picked up a box a few weeks back, good price on themas well....
[Reply]
kelmac07 01:53 PM 04-25-2010
Nice review Andy. I'm with you on the RPs, when I first started smoking, I enjoyed them. Now I can't find anything I enjoy by RP except the Sumatra. Might have to give this one a try.
[Reply]
quantim0 10:01 AM 04-26-2010
My local shop is holding a box from the original release for me to pick up when I have the money. He held an event for the release and bought like 30 boxes and has a few left from 2+ years ago. They're super smooth and flavorful with age on them.
[Reply]
Psojka RP,601 10:03 AM 04-26-2010
interesting...personally, i didnt enjoy this cigar but i have a couple more that i want to age before i try it again...hopefully it will be better with age...thanks for the review...im actually looking forward to revisiting this one!
[Reply]
nomadicwookie 10:43 AM 04-26-2010
Thanks for the review. I've been wanting to try my first RP, but I've been on the fence about which one. I'll have to give this one a go. BTW your avatar makes me shutter. I have a 5yr old, nuff said.
[Reply]
Starscream 10:46 AM 04-26-2010
Originally Posted by nomadicwookie:
BTW your avatar makes me shutter. I have a 5yr old, nuff said.
:-):-):-)
[Reply]
Psojka RP,601 10:49 AM 04-26-2010
Originally Posted by nomadicwookie:
Thanks for the review. I've been wanting to try my first RP, but I've been on the fence about which one. I'll have to give this one a go. BTW your avatar makes me shutter. I have a 5yr old, nuff said.
Try the Decade or the Olde World Reserve!
[Reply]
NCRadioMan 11:38 AM 04-26-2010
Hope y'all don't like them too much. They have been discontinued. Buy them while you can if you like 'em.
[Reply]
Starscream 05:00 PM 04-26-2010
Originally Posted by NCRadioMan:
Hope y'all don't like them too much. They have been discontinued. Buy them while you can if you like 'em.
Still pretty cheap on cbid if you want some while they're still in stock.
[Reply]
Sargeantroppe 06:17 AM 04-28-2010
Originally Posted by Psojka RP,601:
interesting...personally, i didnt enjoy this cigar but i have a couple more that i want to age before i try it again...hopefully it will be better with age...thanks for the review...im actually looking forward to revisiting this one!
I agree. (even though we were smoking this at the same time next to each other.) Compared to some other RP's, this stick didn't take my liking. I actually didn't care for it one bit. But that's just my personal preference. Great review though. I'm also going to revisit this later after aging.
[Reply]
KenyanSandBoa 07:46 AM 04-28-2010
Great review. :-)

Originally Posted by NCRadioMan:
Originally Posted by andysutherland:
Still pretty cheap on cbid if you want some while they're still in stock.
I see this on Cbid all the time. Good thing I read this because I had no idea they were discontinued.
[Reply]
Up