Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
All Cigar Discussion>no favorite smokes
G G 03:26 PM 11-04-2008
How many of you do not have a clear cut favorite smoke? I have 6 or 8 that I like pretty good, but none that are clear cut favorites. For instance I really like Punch, Oliva Vs, Os, and Gs, and a few others. I seem to get great enjoyment out of trying new ones that I have never had before. There are so many different cigars out there I think I could be content to just keep trying new ones, with a few old standbys. What say you.:-)
[Reply]
Starchild 03:31 PM 11-04-2008
I'm kind of in the same boat. Still trying to narrow down what I want to stock the humi with. There is just so much out there to try.
[Reply]
Smokin Gator 03:33 PM 11-04-2008
I totally agree with you. I have a fluid top five favorites, but I do enjoy trying new ones all the time.
[Reply]
zmancbr 03:38 PM 11-04-2008
I can narrow down my #1 at any given time... the problem is that my #1 today may not be my #1 tomorrow. Right now it is my '01 Monte especials... They are so damn good I need to grab another box or two lol...

But idk how long they will be #1... I love my punch coronas, opus, anejos, vsgs, anything RA, RyJ cedros deluxe... there is so much competition for them that to stay #1 will be a challenge. :-)
[Reply]
Ace$nyper 03:42 PM 11-04-2008
I feel the same way, it might be the fact i'm not as well versed as many of you are.

I do know what I do and do not like in a smoke but still there are tons of sticks I quite enjoy.
[Reply]
sofaman 03:47 PM 11-04-2008
I have quite a few favorites that I rotate so I dont get burnt out on them.
[Reply]
chippewastud79 03:48 PM 11-04-2008
I totally agree. I think I have a favorite brand and then everything changes. I think there is just far too much good stuff out there for me to narrow it down to one. I am the guy who takes 15 minutes to decide what to order out for dinner, its kind of the same way for smokes I suppose. :-)
[Reply]
nozero 04:15 PM 11-04-2008
Well, I like lots of them, but if I had to pick one favorite... It would be the Partagas short. I've only had one, but I loved that little sucker for the entire thirty minutes we had together. I'm just a chickenshirt when it comes to buying "them".

I don't think of a favorite as being a daily smoke though...
[Reply]
ucla695 04:41 PM 11-04-2008
No clear cut winner here. Just a lot of go to cigars!
[Reply]
acruce 05:46 PM 11-04-2008
My favorites change, right now I have to say my favorite would have to be Montecristo White label.
[Reply]
groogs 05:54 PM 11-04-2008
Originally Posted by zmancbr:
I can narrow down my #1 at any given time... the problem is that my #1 today may not be my #1 tomorrow.
:-) I have a cigar that is my favorite, but as I try new cigars it is always changing.
[Reply]
Ashcan Bill 06:00 PM 11-04-2008
I don't think I've ever had a single favorite smoke (cigar wise - the bad ol' days of smoking cigarettes don't count :-)).

I have always had favorite marcas, and preferred vitolas within those, but never a favorite I'd smoke over and over again. Just certain flavor profiles that appeal to me.

What I really enjoy about cigars is the journey of discovering which ones I like, which ones I don't, and stocking up accordingly so I always have a nice selection of the good ones to look forward to. It's hard for me to pull one out of the humi today that I don't enjoy. It's taken awhile to get there.

And really, nothing is better than firing up something you've overlooked, avoided, or rejected in the past and finding you've just discovered something else you can add to the good list. The hunt never really ends.

:-)
[Reply]
DPD6030 07:25 PM 11-04-2008
Hi Greg,

I am the same way. I have way too many cigars and recently haven't had time to smoke many. Now that my wrist is broke and I'm off work I might be able to narrow it down to a few. I do enjoy the Perdomo Lot 23 maduro quite a bit. That's the only one that I've "singled" out so far.
[Reply]
md4958 07:29 PM 11-04-2008
good post Greg.

I was actually thinking about this today while going through my humi. I would like to get to a point where I have about 10 or 12 different sticks to stock my humi.

narrowing it down to 10 or 12 especially when you add in CCs is the tough part.
[Reply]
G G 07:31 PM 11-04-2008
Originally Posted by DPD6030:
Hi Greg,

I am the same way. I have way too many cigars and recently haven't had time to smoke many. Now that my wrist is broke and I'm off work I might be able to narrow it down to a few. I do enjoy the Perdomo Lot 23 maduro quite a bit. That's the only one that I've "singled" out so far.
I wish I had known that before I sent my end of our trade. I sent a Perdomo, but it was a connie. Oh well i'm sure I will probably bomb you before it's over, so I know now at least one to send.:-)

Thanks for the opinions guys, because it doesn't look like I'm in the minority here.
[Reply]
Legend 07:40 PM 11-04-2008
Oh I definately have my favorites.

But like you I am always looking for the next cigar to break my top 5 or top 25. Recently the perdomo patriarch broke the top 25 and the Gurkha black dragon and dragonfire pushed 2 cigars out of my top 5.
[Reply]
Cigary 08:17 PM 11-04-2008
I wish I didn't have a favorite smoke as it costs too much and then when I found another one it is just as much. I feel like my wife who when she goes shopping she picks up the most expensive item every friggin time.
[Reply]
MithShrike 08:23 PM 11-04-2008
Habanos Torres Ugly Stick.

The blend may vary but it's always my favorite when I smoke it.
[Reply]
Dgar 08:11 AM 11-05-2008
Hard to have just one favorite, I enjoy a little variety too much.

But if forced to pick one favorite, today and most days I would probably choose a Padron 64 anniversary, Nat.
[Reply]
Scottw 08:16 AM 11-05-2008
I enjoy trying new sticks so I am always looking out for a new one to make the rotation. I would say that right not I've narrowed it down to two that I would smoke more often than others and that is the RP Decage and the Pad 1926. Mind you, I have yet to smoke a CC (have one in the humi waiting for it's demise) as well as some of the other favorites of this forum so I am still and probably always will be learning and trying new smokes.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up