Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
All Cigar Discussion>Cigar Regrets
BlackDog 10:48 AM 10-27-2008
Originally Posted by groogs:
:-) I also regret buying so many "Budget cigars" now that I really know what I like to smoke.
:-) Me too. And it's not that I didn't like the cheaper sticks at first, But being active here and on CS has shown me a lot more sticks I like better.
[Reply]
shemp 11:14 AM 10-27-2008
Originally Posted by MileHighGolfer:
not that it cost too much, actually a decent stick for the cost, but i kinda regret getting 2 boxes of Don Kiki red labels after enjoying a 5er.. now there are 20-30 of them just sitting there, at the bottom of the coolador.. waiting.. waiting for a long time i imagine
those are my favorite stick, give them another try.
[Reply]
lightning9191 11:16 AM 10-27-2008
No regrets yet other then not starting sooner.
[Reply]
Vitis 11:19 AM 10-27-2008
Not buying more OpusX when they were first released in the 90's. I thought they were only Ok' then, but damn they're real good with 10+ years on em now. :-)
[Reply]
AriesOpusX 02:27 PM 10-27-2008
I regret buying Rocky Patel R4's. Twice.
[Reply]
Mark C 04:24 PM 10-27-2008
I regret not listening to the masses and buying small humidors. First a 20 ct, then a 100 ct, then another 100 ct, somewhere in the middle 2 ~30ct tupperdors... now I'm planning on converting a steamer trunk into a humidor :-)
[Reply]
Python 04:32 PM 10-27-2008
My biggest regret was buying from Thompsons when I first started.
My second biggest was smoking their house blends. :-)

Actually, now that I think about it, I don't know which one would be #1 and #2. But the current #2 on the list tasted like #2.

:-):-)
[Reply]
chibnkr 05:01 PM 10-27-2008
Far too many...

- Not buying more Monte Mili jars at CHF 500
- Not buying more II Festival Marevas at $275 per box
- Not buying more LFDC Coronas at $130 per box
- Not buying those other 4 boxes of 1992 CoRos for <$500 each back in 2001
- Passing on that intact cab of 1980s Lusitanias
- Passing on those boxes of Super Coronas in LCDH Aruba
- Dunhill Atados for $32 per stick...and only buying 20 of them
- Letting Allan snag that box of 1970s Romeo Casa Reales out from under me :-)
- Habanos 1994s at GBP 2000 per humidor back in 2001...who knew?
...and many, many more!
[Reply]
MithShrike 05:08 PM 10-27-2008
I regret venturing away from Habanos Torres. It has led me into this world where a lot of stuff sucks, a few things are great and not a single one stacks up against the Habanos Torres sticks Tim blends for me. I spend so much more money now.
[Reply]
GWN 05:26 PM 10-27-2008
I regret it every time I smoke the last Tatuaje in my humi. It just seems so empty now.
[Reply]
Ashcan Bill 05:47 PM 10-27-2008
Long time ago I had a buddy who's parents always brought him home a box of Esplendidos whenever they traveled to Spain. They'd pick the box up in the duty free on their way home, and went several times a year.

One day my buddy asked if I'd smoked the one he'd tossed in my pocket a few nights before "for the road". I didn't know what the hell he was talking about. We chalked it up to the Mezcal we'd put away that evening.

Almost a year later I found that poor Esplendido sitting on a shelf in my closet. :-)

Always regretted that one.
[Reply]
gettysburgfreak 06:41 PM 10-27-2008
I regret having my first smoke being a backwoods, my second being a white owl, and then for my third smoking an Upmann Coronas Major my dad got me. Not only did it completely put me on my ass, but it also almost kept me from smoking again.
[Reply]
RevSmoke 06:46 PM 10-27-2008
I regret not getting a few boxes of Partagas 150s when they came out, instead of a few sticks.

And I regret not buying all the AF Between the Lines & Short Stories I could in1992 - before the boom.
[Reply]
ScottishSmoker 07:08 PM 10-27-2008
I regret ever having spent money on the Opus X...they always let me WAY down...
I regret NOT buying out an almost full box of Litto Gomez Small Batch #1s only to lose them the very next day...
[Reply]
MTB996 07:50 PM 10-27-2008
Originally Posted by Python:
My biggest regret was buying from Thompsons when I first started.
My second biggest was smoking their house blends. :-)

Actually, now that I think about it, I don't know which one would be #1 and #2. But the current #2 on the list tasted like #2.

:-):-)
Absolutely agree. Why didn't I find the internet before jumping in....
[Reply]
Don Fernando 03:31 AM 10-28-2008
I regret not getting more PBP's and not having a bigger budget!
[Reply]
Lucky_Hippo 05:50 AM 10-28-2008
- Not branching out from the main cigar brands ealier. (turns out there is a lot more out there besides A.Fuente and Ashton)

- Placing too much faith on other peoples reviews/opinions instead of just buying the stick and trying it for myself.
[Reply]
Clampdown 06:00 AM 10-28-2008
Originally Posted by Jbailey:
2. Not joining CS a lot sooner
Old habits die hard. :-)

1. When I started, I wasted money on JR's and other bargain smokes. I thought quantity was just as important as quality.
2. Ordering from Thompsons, enough said.
3. Drunk buying humidors off of Cbid. I have two that I dont even use.
4. Not getting in ccs as quickly as i should have.
5. Not stocking up on every box of PSD4, Sigs, and RYJ Escudos I can.
6. Leaving my case and cigars in the golf cart a few months back. I hope that jackass enjoyed them.
7. Leaving the boards for a while to deal with personal bs. I should have stayed here to keep my mind off life's events.
8. Going to see Bob Dylan three years ago and not TriShields herf. Quite possibly the worst concert I have ever seen.
9. Smoking that Por Laranga a few weeks ago. :-)
10. Not doubling up on my purchase last night.
[Reply]
Sancho 07:53 AM 10-28-2008
I regret not expanding my storage space faster, and not having bought enough beads to run multiple large storage units.
[Reply]
the3cs 08:08 AM 10-28-2008
Being persuaded by my wife to try one of her flavored cigars. I don't mind buying them for her, but...
[Reply]
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Up