Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
All Cigar Discussion>Cigar Regrets
K Baz 07:31 PM 10-26-2008
Thought I would start a little thread where everyone can list their cigar regrets.

Hopefully they will be amusing and or others can learn from our mistakes.

I regret not buying a full box of the Edmondo Dante 109s

I also regret no buying some aged stock I was offered.
[Reply]
SeanGAR 07:35 PM 10-26-2008
50 cents off Pineapple White Owls in Centerville TN ... I should have bought 2 packs.
[Reply]
K Baz 07:40 PM 10-26-2008
Originally Posted by SeanGAR:
50 cents off Pineapple White Owls in Centerville TN ... I should have bought 2 packs.
PM me your addy I will hit you up with a 50 count
[Reply]
ucla695 07:41 PM 10-26-2008
I wish I had some Cohiba Pyramides.
[Reply]
av8tor152d 07:50 PM 10-26-2008
I regret waiting so long to take cigars seriously.
[Reply]
groogs 07:52 PM 10-26-2008
Originally Posted by av8tor152d:
I regret waiting so long to take cigars seriously.
:-) I also regret buying so many "Budget cigars" now that I really know what I like to smoke.
[Reply]
MajorCaptSilly 07:57 PM 10-26-2008
I regret not tking Cubans seriously for 20 years.

MCS
[Reply]
VirtualSmitty 08:02 PM 10-26-2008
I bought 30 Carmen Rodriguez custom rolleds some time back. They were outstanding, the best custom rolleds i'd ever had. Like some strange fusion of a VR Famoso and a Hoyo Epi2. And they weren't crazy expensive. I hate myself for not buying all of them :-)
[Reply]
TideRoll 08:04 PM 10-26-2008
It wasn't my doing, but I still regret it. A very generous BOTL who seems to have since fallen out of the scene hit me with my NST, and included not only a nice selection of sticks of a variety of origins but also some homebrewed beer and some kind of lambic concoction as well as a smokers candle. He had a Trinidad ISOM or two in there and the box they originally came in. It was a very nice NST.

Unfortunately, the package got beat up in USPS and by the time I opened it, the candle and its glass were smashed and the smell was on everything. A total write-off, as the fragrance from the smokers candle was really more than I wanted even as a do-dad box for the cigar box. I never told him about it, just posted the contents on what was intended to be a great NST and thanked him for it. Come to think of it, I might have PM'd him that the mail had dinged it up a bit a couple of months later, but I didn't tell him the sticks were ruined. Since he's no longer active that I know of, I figured I could let the cat out of the bag now without him finding out and trying to send me another batch of sticks.
[Reply]
Bax 01:12 AM 10-27-2008
Trying to load up on cheap sticks then deciding that I rather go for quallity then quantity.
[Reply]
renton20 01:26 AM 10-27-2008
Originally Posted by Bax:
Trying to load up on cheap sticks then deciding that I rather go for quallity then quantity.
I think that I made the same mistake as so many others. I found c-bid and decided that, I couldn't not bid on these because they are such a great bargain!
:-) Little did I know that there was a reason that no one had bid on these sticks :-)
[Reply]
icehog3 02:09 AM 10-27-2008
Not buying more VR Farm Rolled when they were available.:-)
[Reply]
Prefy 05:03 AM 10-27-2008
The only thing I can really think of is not be able to smoke cigars with other BOTL as much as I would like
[Reply]
Pyro 05:54 AM 10-27-2008
I should have stocked up more than two bundles of The Edge Sumatra Toros while they were still availabe!

I should have convinced my wife that we needed a bigger house from the beginning so I could have my own walk in humidor and a place to smoke indoors! :-)
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 05:54 AM 10-27-2008
Not buying the millenium jars when my girlfriend was in Cuba for month.

Not buying the maduro colored Cohiba robustos at Hajenus in 1992.

Not trading for more Davidoff Habanos from my Saudi friends in 1995...
[Reply]
Skywalker 07:27 AM 10-27-2008
Originally Posted by Pyro:
I should have stocked up more than two bundles of The Edge Sumatra Toros while they were still availabe!

I should have convinced my wife that we needed a bigger house from the beginning so I could have my own walk in humidor and a place to smoke indoors! :-)
I too wish I bought Edge Sumatras when they were available!

I missed getting more Camacho Negros when JR had a great deal! I bought one box!!!
:-)
[Reply]
BamBam 08:24 AM 10-27-2008
I regret smoking my first and only Opus, that had 2 years on it, while intoxicated. I wasted it and now can't bring myself to buy another b/c I don't have fond memories of it.
[Reply]
MileHighGolfer 08:27 AM 10-27-2008
not that it cost too much, actually a decent stick for the cost, but i kinda regret getting 2 boxes of Don Kiki red labels after enjoying a 5er.. now there are 20-30 of them just sitting there, at the bottom of the coolador.. waiting.. waiting for a long time i imagine
[Reply]
NCRadioMan 08:39 AM 10-27-2008
Not buying more MB1's and not buy all the EO Brands Series X that the local had in the buy one get one free bin. I got most of them but I wish I had gotten all of them. Not buying Party Charlottes when they were at a really good price and I wish I would have bought more Punch SS2's and RA 898's when they were also at a decent price.
[Reply]
Jbailey 10:42 AM 10-27-2008
1. Party Charlottes
2. Not joining CS a lot sooner
[Reply]
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
Up