Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
All Cigar Discussion>Who Makes the Famous Nic 1000's
shemp 10:45 AM 11-10-2008
Ok inmates, here is the question...Who makes the Famous Nic 1000's. They are seconds of someplace and i figured somebody here would be able to figure out where they come from. I any case I like them, and would like to see what thier first's are like...

shemp
[Reply]
av8tor152d 10:51 AM 11-10-2008
Originally Posted by shemp:
Ok inmates, here is the question...Who makes the Famous Nic 1000's. They are seconds of someplace and i figured somebody here would be able to figure out where they come from. I any case I like them, and would like to see what thier first's are like...

shemp

If you want I have a book about these too. HeHe

Seriously though I do not know the answer but I am sure someone here does.
[Reply]
Coz77 10:55 AM 11-10-2008
I thought I heard somewhere that Oliva makes them...or is that the 3K??? :-)
[Reply]
Celt 11:01 AM 11-10-2008
I heard the Nic 3000s are Oliva.
[Reply]
borndead1 11:03 AM 11-10-2008
Oliva makes the Nic 3K.

I don't think any of the Famous Thousand lines are seconds. They are house blend cigars.
[Reply]
shemp 11:21 AM 11-10-2008
Originally Posted by borndead1:
Oliva makes the Nic 3K.

I don't think any of the Famous Thousand lines are seconds. They are house blend cigars.
i know that most of them are house blends, but the nic 1000's are seconds. my thought was oliva...
[Reply]
shemp 11:22 AM 11-10-2008
Originally Posted by av8tor152d:
If you want I have a book about these too. HeHe

Seriously though I do not know the answer but I am sure someone here does.

hey bastage! i smoked the 100 Angel you sent me just last night...thanks again!
[Reply]
borndead1 11:27 AM 11-10-2008
i know that most of them are house blends, but the nic 1000's are seconds. my thought was oliva...

One thing is for sure...they ain't no Value Line Honduran 500 Habano toros. :-)
[Reply]
nozero 11:30 AM 11-10-2008
From their page:
Originally Posted by :
Famous Nicaraguan 1000 cigars are medium-bodied premium cigars handmade in one of Nicaragua's top factories. The cigars are blended with Nicaraguan longfiller tobaccos rolled in your choice of aromatic Indonesian wrappers with sweet-tasting caps, or richer-tasting Broadleaf Maduro wrappers. The smoke is smooth, well-balanced and earthy with notes of caramel and sweet spice on the finish. If you're a bargain hunter, try a bundle and taste for yourself. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.
Somewhat vague. You could try calling or emailing and asking?
800-564-2486 or send an email to: customerservice@famous-smoke.com. I've exchanged a couple of emails with the owner/president of Famous Arthur Zaretsky, he seems like a very nice guy.

Personally, I love the Nic 3000 from Famous, but didn't like the 1000s, not even a little bit. But I'm sure they are somebodies favorite smoke!
[Reply]
shemp 11:44 AM 11-10-2008
i've only got 17 of these left.....:-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-)
[Reply]
shemp 11:47 AM 11-10-2008
Originally Posted by nozero:
From their page:

Somewhat vague. You could try calling or emailing and asking?
800-564-2486 or send an email to: customerservice@famous-smoke.com. I've exchanged a couple of emails with the owner/president of Famous Arthur Zaretsky, he seems like a very nice guy.

Personally, I love the Nic 3000 from Famous, but didn't like the 1000s, not even a little bit. But I'm sure they are somebodies favorite smoke!
i have talked with the customer service people and they didn't know, at least the person i talked with didn't know. I have had the 3000's when i was a newb and didn't like them much, but my tastes have broadened since then and will try them again, however i still very much enjoy the nic 1000's...yessiree
[Reply]
borndead1 12:08 PM 11-10-2008

I've only got about 120 of them left. :-)

EDIT: Man, I can't be mean like that. I can part with a few. PM me your addy. I will throw a few Nic 3000s in too so you can try them again.
[Reply]
shemp 12:16 PM 11-10-2008
I've only got about 120 of them left. :-)

EDIT: Man, I can't be mean like that. I can part with a few. PM me your addy. I will throw a few Nic 3000s in too so you can try them again.
um................................................ .................................ok
[Reply]
nozero 01:28 PM 11-10-2008
Sorry to thread jack, but are ya'll saying the Value Line Honduran 500 Habano toros are good or bad?

Thanks,
Michael
[Reply]
SvilleKid 03:33 PM 11-10-2008
The original 3000's were reported to be Oliva X series that had to be un-banded and sold anon to settle a lawsuit from AF against Oliva for the use of "X".

HOWEVER, this was never confirmed (or denied). To date, as far as I know, there has never been any official acknowledgment as to the origins of the Famous Nic 3000's.

All I know is that they need 6 months rest to be great. They are good out of the bundle (or have been). Never having had an original Oliva X to compare to my original 3000's, I cannot make a judgment call on Oliva being the blender. It has been a source of continued speculation, which I'm sure Famous loves, because it keeps them at the top of the heap!
[Reply]
NCRadioMan 03:45 PM 11-10-2008
Originally Posted by SvilleKid:
The original 3000's were reported to be Oliva X series that had to be un-banded and sold anon to settle a lawsuit from AF against Oliva for the use of "X".

HOWEVER, this was never confirmed (or denied). To date, as far as I know, there has never been any official acknowledgment as to the origins of the Famous Nic 3000's.

All I know is that they need 6 months rest to be great. They are good out of the bundle (or have been). Never having had an original Oliva X to compare to my original 3000's, I cannot make a judgment call on Oliva being the blender. It has been a source of continued speculation, which I'm sure Famous loves, because it keeps them at the top of the heap!
Just to clarify a bit, Cliff. The lawsuit was against EO Brands. The folks that do the 601's and Cubao. Oliva made the Series X for them.
[Reply]
SvilleKid 03:48 PM 11-10-2008
Originally Posted by NCRadioMan:
Just to clarify a bit, Cliff. The lawsuit was against EO Brands. The folks that do the 601's and Cubao. Oliva made the Series X for them.
Thanks for the clarification. Was not aware of that.
[Reply]
ChasDen 04:02 PM 11-10-2008
um................................................ .................................ok

:-) :-) :-) Don't do it man :-) :-) :-)

Chas
[Reply]
Up