Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
All Cigar Discussion>Ashton/Pepin Benchmade
Fumador 07:51 AM 11-10-2008
Did everyone know they are on closeout at 25 for $34.95-$38.95 depending on the size from Payless Cigars? I was waiting for the Fumadore from Holt's to go on sale but I found this and I will definitely take advantage.:-)
[Reply]
Celt 07:57 AM 11-10-2008
I tell ya i was very excited about these as well. I picked one up a week or so again at the local B&M and as much as I wanted to love it, it just did not do it for me at all.
At the beginning it did have a nice interesting taste but then the taste was kind of all over the place.
I am going to smoke a few more before I pass final judgement but just from first look the construction was very sub par for DPG sticks and the taste just did not do anything for me at all.

Came no where close to being as good as Flor Da Oliva Corojo but like I said I want to try a few more before writing it off.

That is a fantastic price btw!
[Reply]
Fumador 08:13 AM 11-10-2008
Well I just checked Holt's AFTER I placed the order and Fumadores are on sale for $30 for 20. It is a Pepin mixed filler lovers paradise right now. I am still happy about the Benchmade as I have not tried the Fumadores yet.
[Reply]
Celt 08:14 AM 11-10-2008
I have not tried the Fumadores but have heard good things about those also.
Maybe if still on sale this weekend I will order some.

Thanks for the heads up!
[Reply]
NCRadioMan 08:39 AM 11-10-2008
Thanks! I love the cazadores and robustos. Very tasty, imo.
[Reply]
Up