Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
All Cigar Discussion>Question: Cigars in Glass Tubes
BlackDog 12:28 PM 11-08-2008
I've got a question for you guys. I'm considering gifting a box of Chateau Real Crystales to a family member who is an occasional cigar smoker. He does not have a humidor, and I don't see him as being the type who will keep up with managing the RH% if I gave him a desktop humi. So, I'm wondering if you think that the ends of the glass tubes, the end with the cork, could be dipped in parafin to seal the ends and make them air tight. I'd think that should keep the cigars fresh until he wants to smoke one.

Do you think this will work?
[Reply]
md4958 12:41 PM 11-08-2008
I had a Cuesta-Rey Glass Tubo that a friend gave me from his wedding three years ago. No humidor, just kept in his basement. He doesnt smoke, but got them as gifts.

The thing was freaking awesome!!! I keep dropping hints, but im trying not to say I want MORE!!

I think as long as they are sealed they are ok. Not sure if you NEED the wax, but cant see how it would hurt either
[Reply]
shilala 01:25 PM 11-08-2008
Gurkha makes some glass tubos with a big wad of wax on the end.
I'd suggest the Cuesta Reys that Moe mentioned. Nice cigar. Pretty, too. :-)
[Reply]
Ashcan Bill 01:31 PM 11-08-2008
I had a couple in glass tubes that I kept outside a humidor for a few years. I'd actually tossed them in my desk and forgot they were there. :-)

They smoked surprisingly well.
[Reply]
Cigary 02:55 PM 11-08-2008
Ditto on the ones I have had,,Gurkhas,,,Cuesta Rey and had them in the glass for a year at least and they smoked just fine.
[Reply]
Up