Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
All Cigar Discussion>Little embarassed...
jquirit 09:17 AM 11-07-2008
The way I was shown, and this seems to work fairly well across those of us in the Stumptown herfer group, was to draw off the cigar, tilt your chin down to your chest, and then gently attempt to push your tounge towards the roof of your mouth (think of the motion like trying to push the smoke to the back of your throat). It should come out your nose in a gentle fashion.

Also, try this (initially) on really mild smokes. I did this with a Pepin the first time and let's just say it hurt for a while. :-)

Thanks to vstrommark for this advice! :-)
[Reply]
Celt 09:18 AM 11-07-2008
Hmmm when i do it im not inhaling it into my lungs I get the smoke in the back of my throat and force it through my sinus and out my nose, then the colors i see oh the pretty colors!

:-)
[Reply]
Redbaron 09:33 AM 11-07-2008
Thanks all.

Gonna try it with a QDO corona, in a bit
[Reply]
ahc4353 09:35 AM 11-07-2008
Originally Posted by Redbaron:
Thanks all.

Gonna try it with a QDO corona, in a bit
One of my all time favorites. Enjoy.
[Reply]
dcamacho 09:38 AM 11-07-2008
good tips ... i need em' too lol
[Reply]
romwarrior 11:26 AM 11-07-2008
For me, doing the nose exhale is EXACTLY the same as a regular exhale I just close my mouth. Try exhaling half the smoke out of your mouth then close your mouth without changing anything else. You don't have to try to force the smoke out of the back of your mouth. The air coming up from your lungs creates a vacuum and sucks the smoke out of your mouth and through your nose. For me, I ALWAYS start the exhale out of my mouth. At what point I switch to nose depends on the strength of the cigar. I just think it is difficult for some to start right away with the nose exhale.
[Reply]
Jay Hemingway 11:50 AM 11-07-2008
Originally Posted by pnoon:
therein lies the problem. :-)
[Reply]
Bubba - NJ 04:05 PM 11-07-2008
Originally Posted by VirtualSmitty:
Unclench your cheeks :-)
I really don't know what to say to that... :-)
Where are you trying to get the smoke to come out ? :-)
[Reply]
acruce 06:19 PM 11-07-2008
I really don't know what to say to that... :-)
[Reply]
nozero 06:28 PM 11-07-2008
Originally Posted by Pipe&Cigar:
When your mouth is closed move your tongue back (similar to when you swallow) while exhaling through your nose (Croatan's "make a small sound in the back of your throat" is a great one, I had never heard that). Your tongue will move the remaining smoke that is inside your Oral cavity back to your throat and carry it out your nose with the other exhaled air from your lungs.... easier than this sounds!
Agreed, a very good explanation by Croatan. To me, it's a little like when you laugh or make a snickering sound nasally, but far more relaxed.
[Reply]
DAFU 06:33 PM 11-07-2008
Originally Posted by acruce:
If it's a mental thing then I'm not sure you should be following some of the advice your're getting.....................:-)

You could try french inhaling to get yourself accustomed to having the smoke in your nose. I tend to do this a bit less agressively than blowing smoke out of my nose, but you will pick up on some interesting aromas from different Marquees.
[Reply]
Sauer Grapes 07:28 PM 11-07-2008
How'd it go?
[Reply]
Da Klugs 07:34 PM 11-07-2008
Originally Posted by Sauer Grapes:
How'd it go?
:-):-):-)
[Reply]
Bruce 07:38 PM 11-07-2008
retard

[Reply]
poker 07:44 PM 11-07-2008
Originally Posted by Bruce:
retard

Bruce says one word and I cant stop laughing. :-)
[Reply]
ToddziLLa 07:45 PM 11-07-2008
Chris, you got my official in-person lesson at the Shack and couldn't do it...there's little hope brother! :-)

Hehe...can't wait to herf with you soon man.
[Reply]
rhythm11 08:07 PM 11-07-2008
I was at the shack this past year and around when Dave answered this question. What I remember hearing and have since been successful with is....

With your mouth closed, rest/press the tip of your tongue behind the top row of your teeth and have the back of your tongue towards the bottom of your mouth creating a sort of cavity.

try then to move your tongue towards that top of your mouth expelling the air that was in that space out your nose, you can put a finger under you nostrils to help feel that air come out. May need to move your lower jaw in an upward fashion at the same time to assist.

you can also just try to, with the cavity in the back of your mouth as described above, exhale and feel that air circulate in you mouth and finally going though your nose.

Hope this helps...
[Reply]
Redbaron 08:43 PM 11-07-2008
I am getting a little better.

Practice makes perfect.

Thanks for the help!
[Reply]
Legend 08:47 PM 11-07-2008
There were a few explinations here and none are the way I do it so maybe this will work for you.

Let a good petion of the smoke out but leave a bit in(of course). Close your lips. Place your tongue firmly on the roof of your mouth the tip just above your front teeth. Then begin to exhale out your nose while pushing the rest of your tongue up to the roof. It will come out.

It will burn like hell the first few times.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up