Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Sports>Super Bowl ticket prices.
larryinlc 06:12 PM 01-25-2011
You know, I really had a mind to fly to Dallas and go to this game. My brother lives in Fort Worth, so lodging wouldn't be a problem. As I look at the going rate for game tickets, my notion to attend died out quickly. Man, is this game strictly for the Hollywood types?

http://www.tiqiq.com/Tiqiq/SingleEve...andID=packchat
[Reply]
BC-Axeman 06:19 PM 01-25-2011
Ouch! I would go if someone gave me tickets.
[Reply]
hscmit 06:21 PM 01-25-2011
only way would be if I lived and worked in the city, and knew the right people
[Reply]
jonumberone 06:25 PM 01-25-2011
I fully intend to make one before I die.

I would spend the coin if my team was in it.
[Reply]
shilala 06:26 PM 01-25-2011
Wow. It sure would be a heck of a once-in-a-lifetimer.
Two freinds of ours are going, we almost had to babysit for them and weaseled out last second.
[Reply]
E.J. 06:28 PM 01-25-2011
5K for the cheapest 2 tickets to the game on Stubhub.... If the Broncos were in and it was being held in SLC(so I didn't have to pay travel/lodging), I wouldn't pay that to see a football game....

Know what, I wouldn't pay half that....

I'd seriously consider it at 20%.....:-)
[Reply]
chippewastud79 06:38 PM 01-25-2011
This will likely be the highest ticket prices in Superbowl history. My guess is that you will pay upwards of $4K to get into the stadium if you wait another week. Two of the teams that have some of the largest followings and travel extremely well. People will pay the prices just to say they were there. :-)
[Reply]
larryinlc 06:42 PM 01-25-2011
By contrast....Ticket prices for the first Super Bowl, played at the Los Angeles Coliseum were $6, $10 and $12. They went over the $100 mark in 1988 and have increased regularly since.
[Reply]
replicant_argent 06:42 PM 01-25-2011
Absolutely ridiculous. It is a shame that prices and demand have been driven this far.
The fans have no one to blame but themselves, if they do have a problem with it.
I don't know that I would go. I definitely know that I wouldn't spend several grand to go.
[Reply]
chippewastud79 06:45 PM 01-25-2011
Originally Posted by replicant_argent:
Absolutely ridiculous. It is a shame that prices and demand have been driven this far.
The fans have no one to blame but themselves, if they do have a problem with it.
I don't know that I would go. I definitely know that I wouldn't spend several grand to go.
Face Value for two tickets would cost you thousands. This is the secondary or third hand market, thus letting the jaw dropping begin. Its the most exclusive ticket in sports. Biggest sports following in the country and only one game to decide the champion. :-)
[Reply]
hscmit 06:46 PM 01-25-2011
what is the face value?
[Reply]
chippewastud79 06:48 PM 01-25-2011
Originally Posted by hscmit:
what is the face value?
Lower Bowl Upper Row Corner is $1500 this year I believe, $800-900 for upper level 'Nose-Bleeders'.
[Reply]
ade06 07:25 PM 01-25-2011
Crazy, just crazy. J. Jones is selling outside plaza standing room only tickets for $200 so he can count you in the total attendance and you can watch the game on a jumbo-tron. http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/stor...er-bowl-record
[Reply]
thebayratt 07:28 PM 01-25-2011
Originally Posted by chippewastud79:
Lower Bowl Upper Row Corner is $1500 this year I believe, $800-900 for upper level 'Nose-Bleeders'.
Thats cheap!
Its a shame the mark-up added to the face value of them... but then again, you can't hide money and 85% of the people there probably couldn't name 5 players off of either team on the field.

I heard the BCS Championship game tickets started at $2,000
[Reply]
thebayratt 07:29 PM 01-25-2011
Originally Posted by ade06:
Crazy, just crazy. J. Jones is selling outside plaza standing room only tickets for $200 so he can count you in the total attendance and you can watch the game on a jumbo-tron. http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/stor...er-bowl-record
That'd be a good deal, but you have to be a Cowboys season ticket holder to get that price.
[Reply]
fhrblig 09:20 PM 01-25-2011
I won tickets to Super Bowl XXXII, and I believe the face value was $275? I'm not sure exactly, as the ticket is packed away somewhere. They were being sold for well over ten times that. We were in section 19 at Jack Murphy Stadium, in front of the press box. When Elway got helicoptered while trying to get the 1st down, it happened right in front of us.

Up to that point, it was the only Broncos game I'd ever been to. It wouldn't be possible to choose a better game to be the first one to go to. I wish that every sports fan would get a chance to be there when their team wins a championship, there's nothing like it.
[Reply]
Emjaysmash 09:43 PM 01-25-2011
Just imagine those few people who go EVERY YEAR!
[Reply]
JaKaacH 01:32 PM 01-26-2011
How much is parking? :-)

http://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/nfl...ory?id=6060856
[Reply]
AdelaidaS 11:33 PM 02-03-2012
Big events this year are still exciting! Who would forget to buy tickets for Super bowl which is among the biggest sporting events in the world? It sounds that every fan of NFL football would love to go the Super Bowl. And I'm sure the cost of tickets to the game certainly shows that, as they are amazingly costly. And for many, they would have a hard time to have a little amount of money and get some tickets to watch with their loved ones. Oh oh!

You can read more updates here: Attending Super Bowl still super expensive
[Reply]
pnoon 11:35 PM 02-03-2012
mmmmmm

[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up