Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Sports>Free Agency NFL 2012
OLS 01:40 PM 03-16-2012
Stupid-a55 Drew Brees. I KNOW he is good, but he isn't TALL. You want TOP QB money, you want to be paid more
than that primadonna Tom Brady, then grow a foot taller. He balked at pay equal to other top QBs and has now
cost us perhaps the best left guard in pro football. I know he is smart, but does he really want to spend 2012 on the
turf half the time? I never thought of him as being a person with a lot of ego, but I am no longer a Brees fan.
Why would he hold out for 23Million and cost the rest of the team so dearly? 18.5 was a 4 million dollar a year
freaking raise. And now he is franchised and like I said, he will be hit a LOT more than 2011. Dumba55.
He is everybody in NO's DARLING, but living 6 hours away from my old home town gives me a different perspective.
I can bag Brees and not feel like the whole city thinks I am crazy. You gotta eat this one, Drew.
[Reply]
Stephen 07:24 AM 03-17-2012
Originally Posted by OLS:
Stupid-a55 Drew Brees. I KNOW he is good, but he isn't TALL. You want TOP QB money, you want to be paid more
than that primadonna Tom Brady, then grow a foot taller. He balked at pay equal to other top QBs and has now
cost us perhaps the best left guard in pro football. I know he is smart, but does he really want to spend 2012 on the
turf half the time? I never thought of him as being a person with a lot of ego, but I am no longer a Brees fan.
Why would he hold out for 23Million and cost the rest of the team so dearly? 18.5 was a 4 million dollar a year
freaking raise. And now he is franchised and like I said, he will be hit a LOT more than 2011. Dumba55.
He is everybody in NO's DARLING, but living 6 hours away from my old home town gives me a different perspective.
I can bag Brees and not feel like the whole city thinks I am crazy. You gotta eat this one, Drew.
N'awlins signed Ben Grubbs. They'll be fine. Just to give perspective, would you rather them have kept Nicks and started Chase Daniels at quarterback (who's lucky if he's as tall as Brees and not nearly as good) or go the route they're taking? Brees is one of the unquestioned three best quarterbacks in football. The question I have is, why are the Saints being chintzy with Drew Brees?
[Reply]
massphatness 08:25 AM 03-17-2012
A free agency haiku

I am a Bills fan.
Mario Wiliams is ours.
Hope springs eternal.
[Reply]
cobra03 02:17 PM 03-17-2012
Originally Posted by massphatness:
A free agency haiku

I am a Bills fan.
Mario Wiliams is ours.
Hope springs eternal.
I like. :-)
[Reply]
Islayphile 04:40 PM 03-17-2012
The Saints should be giving Brees whatever he wants that's within reason IMO.

Unless of course they long for the Archie Manning days again "Aints"

:-)
[Reply]
forgop 05:34 PM 03-17-2012
The entire city of New Orleans owes that and a whole lot more to Drew Brees. Without him coming to New Orleans, that place would still be a dump post Hurricane Katrina. I give credit to the team for bringing Brees in when most other teams wouldn't give him a chance given his injury, but without him, the city never bounces back like it did.
[Reply]
SteelCityBoy 07:53 AM 03-18-2012
Mike Wallace better get a deal done with the Steelers. I have heard there wasn't much interest in him on the free agent market, which is shocking but fine by me. Big Ben offered to restructure his contract in order to keep Wallace. I am guessing (haven't read or seen anything really) that Wallace his trying to see what he's worth on the free agent market. Hopefully he retreats back to the Burgh and the Steelers and him get a deal done.
[Reply]
Stephen 11:24 AM 03-18-2012
Originally Posted by SteelCityBoy:
Mike Wallace better get a deal done with the Steelers. I have heard there wasn't much interest in him on the free agent market, which is shocking but fine by me. Big Ben offered to restructure his contract in order to keep Wallace. I am guessing (haven't read or seen anything really) that Wallace his trying to see what he's worth on the free agent market. Hopefully he retreats back to the Burgh and the Steelers and him get a deal done.
I'd imagine that having to give up a first round draft pick is an obstacle teams aren't willing to hurdle, Ken.
[Reply]
MikeyC 11:46 AM 03-18-2012
Originally Posted by Stephen:
I'd imagine that having to give up a first round draft pick is an obstacle teams aren't willing to hurdle, Ken.
:-)

If not for the first round tender the Steelers put on him, he would have a new team by now. It was thought the Patriots might still go after him as they have 2 first round picks. However, the Pats clearly thought Brandon Lloyd + a 1st round pick were a better value than just Mike Wallace. Of course, it doesn't hurt that with Lloyd the Pats know more about what they're getting since his best years were with Josh McDaniels in Denver and then St. Louis. Of course, Josh is back in his old office now as the Pats' o-coordinator.
[Reply]
VTDragon 02:17 PM 03-21-2012
OK Payton is with Denver, he had to go somewhere, but Tebow to the JETS!. I just don't get that one unless he is destined to be a wildcat QB, (Sparano is the new offensive coordinator there). But didn't they just give Sanchez a big extension on his contract?
As I said, I don't get it. On the plus side, we'll get to see the Patriots humiliate him twice a year.
[Reply]
awsmith4 02:29 PM 03-21-2012
Brees watched teams jump at a chance to sign a 36 year old QB that didn't even throw a pass last season to a $90 million contract and here he is one of the top 5 QBs in football and was offered less money than his receivers are making. He also watched Calvin Johnson get a $132 million contract, of which $60 million is guaranteed, and he gets an offer of $14.4 million? In my opinion he should say goodbye to the Saints and go play for some other team so we don't have to face him twice a year :-)
[Reply]
Bruzee 06:58 PM 03-21-2012
As a die-hard Chargers fan, I have to say that A.J. Smith has sat on his hands and watched Vincent Jackson and Michael Tolbert both walk away to other teams. Then he released part of our O-Line and the other part retired due to concussion symptoms. I sure hope he has a plan, outside signing Robert Meachum. Ugh......
[Reply]
Bruzee 07:00 PM 03-21-2012
Originally Posted by forgop:
The entire city of New Orleans owes that and a whole lot more to Drew Brees. Without him coming to New Orleans, that place would still be a dump post Hurricane Katrina. I give credit to the team for bringing Brees in when most other teams wouldn't give him a chance given his injury, but without him, the city never bounces back like it did.
Agreed 100%, especially in light of more recent events. (Bounty suspensions)
[Reply]
Up