Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>Cain Daytona torpedo
Don Fernando 02:17 AM 03-22-2011
The next Cain Daytona review is the review of this 6x54 torpedo. Like all other Cain Daytona, this blend is supposed to be the smoothest and 'mildest' Cain with just ligero from the Jalapa valley instead of a blend of ligero from Jalapa, Condega and Esteli.

The latte colored wrapper feels silky and has lots of veins. The point of this torpedo is quite sharp. The construction feels good and I smell a strong and mild acidic barnyard. The predraw is fine and I taste tobacco with chili peppers.

I taste coffee with chili peppers and some cedar. There is also a honey like sweetness. The aftertaste is pepper and the cigar is spicy. After a quarter of an inch I taste some sweet nuts with chili pepper. The sweetness is honey and it is a great combination with the sharp chili pepper. The pepper slowly gains some strength, especially on the tip of my tongue. After an inch the nut flavor changes into cedar and the pepper starts to overpower the other flavors.

A few puffs later the honey gains some strength too while the pepper loses some of its power. I still taste a nice cedar flavor with pepper on my lips. There is a mild nut flavor too. Halfway the cigar gets smooth, the chili pepper moved to the aftertaste and the sweetness changed from honey to caramel. After two thirds I taste a nice mixture of cedar and nuts with some herbs. The pepper almost completely disappears but returns near the end with a fierce punch. What a finale!

This cigar lasted me well over two hours. The draw was great, unfortunately I had to correct the burn a few times in the beginning. The smoke is thick. The light colored ash is coarse but firm. This cigar is full flavored and full bodied, smooth but peppery.

Would I buy this cigar again? Oh yeah, this is the best Cain Daytona I have smoked so far.

Appearance: 8 / 10
Construction: 8 / 10
Draw: 8 / 10
Burn: 7 / 10
Smoke & ash: 8 / 10
Aroma first part: 9 / 10
Aroma second part: 8 / 10
Aroma third part: 8 / 10
[Reply]
HollywoodQue 03:44 AM 03-22-2011
Thanks for the review.
[Reply]
swh127 06:21 AM 03-22-2011
Thanks for the review. Got to smoke one of these the other day. Was fantastic.
[Reply]
Lucky_Hippo 07:08 AM 03-22-2011
Saw these on Joe the other day and didn't jump. I'll have to keep an eye out now. Thanks for the review and awesome pics!
[Reply]
ArgusP2 10:12 PM 03-22-2011
My Local B&M is having a Cain Daytona "Grand Pre-Release" this Saturday. I had a Cain "F" maduro today and it was tasty!
[Reply]
MedicCook 10:22 PM 03-22-2011
Thanks for the review Ferdie.
[Reply]
kelmac07 05:33 AM 03-23-2011
Just snagged a box of a smaller size of these. :-)
[Reply]
Up