Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>Cain daytona double toro
Don Fernando 02:14 AM 03-22-2011
Like the last few days I smoked a Cain Daytona today. As I had all six different vitolas (the five regular production cigars and the short robusto from the Studio Tobac sampler) I decided to smoke them all in one week, post the reviews so you, my readers, can compare my experiences. This 6x60 double toro is the last of the series.

The wrapper has a latte color with a lot of veins and even a quite large water spot. The construction feels good. I smell a mild acidic barnyard. When I punch the cigar I notice that the wrapper is very thin. The predraw is fine, I taste tobacco and raisin with some pepper in the aftertaste.

The flavors are spicy, I taste a lot of pepper with a little bit of citrus, some wood and the mentioned pepper. I taste something sweet in the aftertaste. After half an inch the pepper gets a bit less strong but it is still the dominant flavor. After an inch I also taste some chocolate. I also taste some herbs with some mint. After a third the cigar tastes like wood, herbs and something sweet while the pepper almost completely disappears. I only taste the pepper in the aftertaste. The sweetness turns to honey and a mild nut flavor joins the wood.

Halfway the main flavor is honey with some wood and herbs, on the background I taste some nuts. After two thirds I taste sweet sal ammoniac like in candy with wood and some herbs. A few puffs later some citrus joins these flavors. The flavors have a warm feeling to it. On the background the nut flavor gets stronger.

This cigar lasted me for an hour and forty five minutes. The draw was too easy. The smoke started out medium but turned thick and plenty quite quickly. The ash is light colored, almost white, it is coarse but firm. I had to correct the burn a few times. This cigar is full flavored and full bodied, but not Cain F full bodied. The wrapper tears after two thirds.

Would I buy this cigar again? No, I mean, I loved the flavors, but ring 60 is over the top. I'll stick to the torpedo, which I liked best from the regular Cain Daytona series.

Appearance: 7 / 10
Construction: 8 / 10
Draw: 6 / 10
Burn: 7 / 10
Smoke & ash: 8 / 10
Aroma first part: 7 / 10
Aroma second part: 8 / 10
Aroma third part: 8 / 10
[Reply]
HollywoodQue 03:48 AM 03-22-2011
You have given us a great series of reviews with this brand cigar. Thanks for your time and detailed reviews.
[Reply]
maninblack 07:42 PM 03-23-2011
Thanks for the reviews Ferdie!!
[Reply]
Coach Deg 08:04 PM 03-23-2011
Great reviews! I do like this line a lot!
[Reply]
Up