Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
All Cigar Discussion>need some nc recommendations
pmwz 12:52 PM 11-25-2009
the nc selection in germany isnt the best but some of the brands that get much praise on the boards are now available over here. I plan on sampling different 10 cigars and need some recomendations (please recommend sizes that are representative) out of the following:

601 red/blue/black
don pepin blue/black
Flor de oliva natural/maduro
oliva O maduro/Conn. Reserve
oliva v (are the bigger rg sticks similiar to the lancero [cant get them here])
Tat Series P
nub maduro/cameroon/sungrown (habano
cusano 18 natural/maduro
LFD
camacho slr/corojo/criollo/select
[Reply]
Don Fernando 12:55 PM 11-25-2009
Forget about the nubs, they suck IMHO

What are you looking for? If you want sweet sticks, you can go for the Flor de Oliva, if you want pepper and strength, go for the Don Pepin and Oliva V. And try the Camacho triple maduro if you can get your hands on those.
[Reply]
pmwz 01:04 PM 11-25-2009
Originally Posted by Don Fernando:

What are you looking for? If you want sweet sticks, you can go for the Flor de Oliva, if you want pepper and strength, go for the Don Pepin and Oliva V. And try the Camacho triple maduro if you can get your hands on those.
i want to try a broad range of cigars. i can get my hands on the 3 maduro and going to add it to my list.
[Reply]
Veritas 01:10 PM 11-25-2009
The Oliva V is one of my favorite sticks. I prefer the larger RG sticks to the lancero, but that's just one man's opinion.

I also like the Nub Habano. I know that Ferdi isn't a fan, but I find them to be very enjoyable.
[Reply]
Noomis 01:11 PM 11-25-2009
I love LFDs. If the Ligero Cabinets or the Double Ligeros are available, those are great. They've got a nice balance (for me) of body and strength: slightly peppery and with a nice semi-sweet tobacco flavor.

I second Don Fernando: if you want spice, go with the Don Pepins. Or even the 601s. Less spice, but nice all the same (the 601 Greens are nice if you can find them).
[Reply]
Skywalker 01:14 PM 11-25-2009
Wow!!!

I wish I had that selection at my B&M!!!

[Reply]
Don Fernando 01:17 PM 11-25-2009
Originally Posted by Skywalker:
Wow!!!

but all your B&M carries are Arganese? :-)
[Reply]
duckmanco 01:18 PM 11-25-2009
the 601 blues are excellent smokes, my fav. maduro period.
[Reply]
pmwz 01:19 PM 11-25-2009
Originally Posted by Skywalker:
Wow!!!

my b+m doesnt have any of them. i have to order them online
[Reply]
Veritas 01:20 PM 11-25-2009
Originally Posted by Noomis:
I love LFDs. If the Ligero Cabinets or the Double Ligeros are available, those are great.
I missed those on the list in the first post.

I second the recommendation of the LDF, especially the Double Ligero Chisel. It packs a punch, but is well balanced.
[Reply]
akumushi 01:52 PM 11-25-2009
My favorite of the bunch is the DPG Blues. The LFD double ligero chisels are too strong for my tastes, but are worth trying.
[Reply]
SureShot81 08:20 PM 11-25-2009
601 Red is a decent stick, but I haven't tried the other 601's.
[Reply]
kelmac07 08:40 PM 11-25-2009
601 Blue Maduro
Alec Bradley Tempus Imperator
Camacho Triple Maduro
DPG Series JJ Maduro
Nestor Miranda Special Selection
Casa Magna
HC Habano Colorado
Perdomo Lot #23 Maduro
Sancho Panza Double Maduro Quixote
[Reply]
Eleven 08:49 PM 11-25-2009
Tat p2 Robusto is one of my favorites.

Didn't see it on your list but the Rocky Patel Sun Grown Petit Corona is nice too!
[Reply]
Zanaspus 08:06 AM 11-26-2009
Originally Posted by Don Fernando:
It's funny, seems like 90% of people on the internet say the same. This has kept me from trying them, but the other day I was at my B&M and grabbed a maduro (still not sure why). Long story short, I thought it was one of the yummiest sticks I've ever had.

Also more votes for DPG.:-)
[Reply]
pmwz 02:51 PM 11-26-2009
Originally Posted by Eleven:
Tat p2 Robusto is one of my favorites.

Didn't see it on your list but the Rocky Patel Sun Grown Petit Corona is nice too!
i tried the rocky patel sun grown corona a year or so ago and liked. going to revisit it. also going to try the tat p2
thx for the recommendations.
[Reply]
pmwz 01:46 PM 12-31-2009
Thats what i ordered today:
601 Green Corona, 601 Red Robusto, Don Pepin Blue Edition Invictos, Don Pepin Black Edition 1977 (Corona Especial), Tatuaje P Serie P1, Don Tomás Clasico Rothschild, Flor de Oliva Maduro Robusto, Flor de Oliva Robusto, Oliva Series V Double Robusto + some nc cigars that are not avialable on us market.

I think i make trying more nc cigars one of my new years resolutions!
[Reply]
Tarks 04:59 PM 12-31-2009
Originally Posted by Zanaspus:
It's funny, seems like 90% of people on the internet say the same. This has kept me from trying them, but the other day I was at my B&M and grabbed a maduro (still not sure why). Long story short, I thought it was one of the yummiest sticks I've ever had.

Also more votes for DPG.:-)
I agree although I have yet to have the maddy. I have smoked all the other Nubs and I really enjoy the Habano. Different strokes for different folks.
[Reply]
Tarks 05:01 PM 12-31-2009
Originally Posted by pmwz:
the nc selection in germany isnt the best but some of the brands that get much praise on the boards are now available over here. I plan on sampling different 10 cigars and need some recomendations (please recommend sizes that are representative) out of the following:

601 red/blue/black
don pepin blue/black
Flor de oliva natural/maduro
oliva O maduro/Conn. Reserve
oliva v (are the bigger rg sticks similiar to the lancero [cant get them here])
Tat Series P
nub maduro/cameroon/sungrown (habano
cusano 18 natural/maduro
LFD
camacho slr/corojo/criollo/select
The Oliva V Lancero's are a totally different blend than the rest of the V's and in my opinion the Lancero's are the best.
[Reply]
Doctorossi 07:33 PM 12-31-2009
Originally Posted by pmwz:
I think i make trying more nc cigars one of my new years resolutions!
That one's a keeper. :-)
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up