Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 48 of 70
« First < 38464748 495058 > Last »
Wine, Beer, and Spirits>Homebrewers - Whats in the fermenter?
Poronico 11:09 AM 02-09-2012
Bruiser Berry Berry Hef was damn good!
[Reply]
replicant_argent 07:46 PM 02-09-2012
Does anyone have a nitro tank/regulator they want to sell?
[Reply]
smitty81 08:44 PM 02-09-2012
Originally Posted by replicant_argent:
Does anyone have a nitro tank/regulator they want to sell?
Isnt it just a co2 tank but with nitro in it basically?
[Reply]
replicant_argent 08:58 PM 02-09-2012
nope, smaller, designed for higher pressure. Can't fill a CO2 tank with nitro, fittings are different.
[Reply]
goatfarmer 01:05 PM 02-10-2012
Came across a case of homebrew I bottled, best recollection, some 25 plus years ago. It's an extremely dark brew and recall sharing a couple 22oz bottle with neighbors shortly after bottling and did it have one heck of a kick. Faced with the dilemma of tossing the batch or test it; if so, should the subject be human, animal, or insect. Possibly arrange a herf and if BCaxman does not surface in a couple days, toss it. Any suggestions??:-)
[Reply]
Poronico 01:14 PM 02-10-2012
Originally Posted by goatfarmer:
Came across a case of homebrew I bottled, best recollection, some 25 plus years ago. It's an extremely dark brew and recall sharing a couple 22oz bottle with neighbors shortly after bottling and did it have one heck of a kick. Faced with the dilemma of tossing the batch or test it; if so, should the subject be human, animal, or insect. Possibly arrange a herf and if BCaxman does not surface in a couple days, toss it. Any suggestions??:-)
Sniff... Sip... Decide :-) cowboy up!
[Reply]
Salvelinus 01:20 PM 02-10-2012
If you were well sanitized you don't have anything to worry about in tasting it except flavor. Go for it, and report back.

If you're really worried about contamination or something just check around the meniscus area on the bottles. If there is no funk you are fine. If there is funk, you probably are still fine.
[Reply]
cobra03 02:26 PM 02-10-2012
Damn 25 year old home brew. Gotta let us know how that tastes.
[Reply]
goatfarmer 03:22 PM 02-10-2012
Originally Posted by cobra03:
Damn 25 year old home brew. Gotta let us know how that tastes.
Think I will take Poronicos' suggestion; snif---sip--then decide, likely give it a try this p.m.; will try and post pic's. :-)
[Reply]
goatfarmer 04:52 PM 02-10-2012
UMMMM, sniffed, sipped and in the process of consuming the entire bottle. Can't remember the recipe I used with this batch; however, recall the first 5-6 batches I initially took my time by adding variety of hops, and malts, during different stages of the brewing process. Surprised to find it still has a 'homebrew' flavor, it's very dark in color yet light bodies with a chocolate-carmel flavor. The darkest cigar I could find to match the color is a Camacho triple maduro. The rest of the batch remains in a wooden crate half buried under the house, been kicking and moving the crate around over the years and probly about time I store what remains in a dark and cool space.

[Reply]
cobra03 06:29 PM 02-10-2012
Thats looks and sounds pretty damn good for a bottle of beer that old. Impressive!
[Reply]
ashtonlady 07:58 PM 02-10-2012
That sounds wonderful. I am glad you found it.
[Reply]
keith_mahoney 11:21 PM 02-10-2012
Awesome, I'd have drank it up as well.
[Reply]
Poronico 08:39 AM 02-11-2012
No updates from Dave... did the beer do him in?!
[Reply]
Salvelinus 08:49 AM 02-11-2012
Originally Posted by Poronico:
??? Pics and report a couple posts up. Sounds awesome.
[Reply]
Poronico 09:15 AM 02-11-2012
We saw the pour and a taste test not an empty glass...
[Reply]
goatfarmer 09:17 AM 02-11-2012
Still kicking, wow that was quite a treat not sure which had more of a kick the home brew or the tripple maduro. Poronico that Bruiser's brew did look mighty tasty, kinda considering getting back into homebrewing. Thanks for the input!!
[Reply]
Poronico 09:44 AM 02-11-2012
Still kicking, wow that was quite a treat not sure which had more of a kick the home brew or the tripple maduro. Poronico that Bruiser's brew did look mighty tasty, kinda considering getting back into homebrewing. Thanks for the input!!
Glad to see you still among the living and not one of those ever nomming zombies! That beer sounds pretty epic and at 25 years.. wow what a treat! The bruiser did turn out quite awesome, the rest of the batch is spoken for but PM me your addy and I'll see what I can do about poppin a few fresh bottles your way :-)
[Reply]
Mikey202 10:30 AM 02-11-2012
going to enter The Peach State Homebrew contest and Suwannee, Ga Beerfest. Belgian Dubble and a Porter.
[Reply]
goatfarmer 11:17 AM 02-11-2012
Glad to see you still among the living and not one of those ever nomming zombies! That beer sounds pretty epic and at 25 years.. wow what a treat! The bruiser did turn out quite awesome, the rest of the batch is spoken for but PM me your addy and I'll see what I can do about poppin a few fresh bottles your way :-)
I'd like to have been able to make a swap but the reason brew has set so long is recall setting aside 3-4 bottles where special 'home grown' hops were donated to what remain of a particular batch, hey it was the late 70's; anyhow, later mixed 1 or 2 with the rest of the unlabled bottles; hopefully will be able to determine when corked. Appreciate the offer, if not inconvenient, just a taste, will PM.
[Reply]
Page 48 of 70
« First < 38464748 495058 > Last »
Up