Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 8 of 10
« First < 678 910 >
Sports>Sports Cars, Muscle Cars and Customs!
Navydoc 05:07 PM 10-23-2019
Given the incredible hype about the new Subaru WRX STI S209 release in the US what do you guys think about the 64K price tag? Now take into consideration there are only going to be 209 cars available. In Japan there is one example of the previous S208 model, of which there were 450 cars made, selling for 68K and of course it's illegal in the US so even if you buy it you can't bring it into the US. Collectible? If you got one would you drive it? 6-speed manual built to be a track demon so hard not to right?
[Reply]
icehog3 09:44 PM 10-23-2019
64K? Sheet, I'll take one in each color, Paul. :-)
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 08:11 AM 10-24-2019
Zero interest in any STi model. They lost me after they moved away from the bug eye look.
[Reply]
Brian D. 10:47 AM 10-24-2019
Anybody see the story from a couple days ago where the TV reporter lost his mind and started jumping on some classic cars at an auction/show? He was fired on the spot via a phone call from his boss, but some damage was done.
[Reply]
Porch Dweller 02:35 PM 10-24-2019
Originally Posted by Brian D.:
Anybody see the story from a couple days ago where the TV reporter lost his mind and started jumping on some classic cars at an auction/show? He was fired on the spot via a phone call from his boss, but some damage was done.
Yep. That guy is 100% undiluted a$$hole.
[Reply]
hammondc 08:50 AM 10-25-2019
That door ding!!!!! :-):-)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QkNSDakadQE
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 11:53 AM 10-25-2019
Originally Posted by Porch Dweller:
Yep. That guy is 100% undiluted a$$hole.
TV station will need to pay out on that one. What the hell was the reporter thinking?

On Fox & Friends yesterday they a segment on "the best driver's cars". Included were the Lamborghini Urus and Aston Martin DBS Superleggera. Can only imagine if one the host did the same to either car.
[Reply]
Navydoc 03:49 PM 11-04-2019
Sometimes you just gotta "wing" it :-)
Attached: Wing2.jpg (23.9 KB) Wing1.jpg (17.0 KB) 
[Reply]
mmblz 05:21 PM 11-04-2019
nice! but I would still stick with the yellow one ROFL.

couple of weeks ago:
Attached: IMG_2547 copy.jpg (68.7 KB) 
[Reply]
Navydoc 07:50 PM 11-26-2019
Finally....Luigi has arrived
Attached: IMG_2799.jpg (23.6 KB) IMG_2800.jpg (23.3 KB) IMG_2796.jpg (15.7 KB) 
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 11:50 AM 12-02-2019
Originally Posted by Navydoc:
That's utterly marvelous. Lamborghini knocked it out of the park making that SUV really look like a Lambo. They did better than Bentley or Porsche did, IMO.

Rolls Royce and Aston both did a good job transferring that DNA into an SUV as well.
[Reply]
4WheelVFR 04:11 PM 12-02-2019
Gorgeous little suv! If I had the means, that would certainly be a nice addition to the stable.
[Reply]
Navydoc 05:44 PM 12-11-2019
Originally Posted by mosesbotbol:
That's utterly marvelous. Lamborghini knocked it out of the park making that SUV really look like a Lambo. They did better than Bentley or Porsche did, IMO.

Rolls Royce and Aston both did a good job transferring that DNA into an SUV as well.
I'm looking forward to Ferrari's version:-)
[Reply]
Brian D. 07:20 PM 12-11-2019
What does this group think of the Maserati Levante? I saw one parked near me a few weeks ago; until then I honestly wasn't aware there is such a thing.
[Reply]
4WheelVFR 08:11 PM 12-11-2019
What does this group think of the Maserati Levante? I saw one parked near me a few weeks ago; until then I honestly wasn't aware there is such a thing.
I've only seen one on the road a couple times and they seem too small to be very useful, but then again, who buys a Maserati because they're useful. Nice looking little suv though.
[Reply]
mmblz 07:44 AM 12-12-2019
Looks sort of like a Hyundai Kona...
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 07:59 AM 12-12-2019
Maserati Levante has been basically a dud for Maserati. They were as slow as could be rolling out the car and it was already a little dated looking by the time it hit showrooms. That being said, it's probably the best manufactured Maserati out of the portfolio and offers the best value.

I am considering a used one to replace our XC60 once the lease is up. Some of the later iterations of the Levante like the GranLusso they got package just right. Other iterations have a lovely Zenga fabric inserts.

For used cars, Maserati is a brand to consider. They depreciate so much and so soon; their used cars values make for a great buy. FCA warranties and financing makes it even more attractive.
[Reply]
Navydoc 06:44 PM 12-12-2019
Maserati Levante has been basically a dud for Maserati. They were as slow as could be rolling out the car and it was already a little dated looking by the time it hit showrooms. That being said, it's probably the best manufactured Maserati out of the portfolio and offers the best value.

I am considering a used one to replace our XC60 once the lease is up. Some of the later iterations of the Levante like the GranLusso they got package just right. Other iterations have a lovely Zenga fabric inserts.

For used cars, Maserati is a brand to consider. They depreciate so much and so soon; their used cars values make for a great buy. FCA warranties and financing makes it even more attractive.
But what about the reliability issue??????????
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 06:26 AM 12-13-2019
But what about the reliability issue??????????
If it's got some miles on it I wouldn't be too concerned, especially with the FCA warranty (I think 5 years). No one buys a Maserati if you they are looking for the reliability; that would be a Rav 4.

I am frequent on a Maserati forum and sounds like it's just initial issues and then it's an OK car.

The wife is just so-so on the looks, so it would take some convincing and I rather have a Qporte over the Levante.

I think Maserati will eventually be a mostly electric brand FWIW. Maserati is in a weird segment; it's not up there with Ferrari, it's not as cherished and driver focused as Alfa. Where does it sit? A direct competitor to Jaguar which is also headed towards electric.
[Reply]
Navydoc 06:54 PM 12-16-2019
If it's got some miles on it I wouldn't be too concerned, especially with the FCA warranty (I think 5 years). No one buys a Maserati if you they are looking for the reliability; that would be a Rav 4.

I am frequent on a Maserati forum and sounds like it's just initial issues and then it's an OK car.

The wife is just so-so on the looks, so it would take some convincing and I rather have a Qporte over the Levante.

I think Maserati will eventually be a mostly electric brand FWIW. Maserati is in a weird segment; it's not up there with Ferrari, it's not as cherished and driver focused as Alfa. Where does it sit? A direct competitor to Jaguar which is also headed towards electric.
Plus Ferrrari will stop producing engines for them in 2020
[Reply]
Page 8 of 10
« First < 678 910 >
Up