Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Sports>Well it will not be long before the NFL is back playing football.
SurfnSafari 10:52 AM 07-30-2018
Apprently train camp has opened, and the players are trying their hardest to secure a spot on the 49 man roster hoping to make the team.

Couple of friends are formor NFL players, honestly the game has change with bigger, and fast players.

Linemen & defensive linemen now as fast ion the 40, as the backs were when I was first watching the early Super Bowls.

One of our local B & M's moved recently within a short walk of the stadium the Arizona Cardnials play in.

Hope this local B & M operators does well during the home games, he has a great selection of Cigars, full bar, 10 or 12 big screen TV's. All I can see is great things for this local B & M.
[Reply]
elderboy02 12:15 PM 07-30-2018
Let's go Bengals!
[Reply]
dave 01:29 PM 07-30-2018
I was shocked to realize that the Cardinals have been in AZ for over thirty years. I still think of it as sort of a temp thing...like I keep expecting them to be back in St. Louis one of these days.
Looking forward to the Packer season, but might be looking forward to college football even more. Should be a great year for the Big 10.
[Reply]
SurfnSafari 07:20 PM 07-30-2018
My shock was the Rams move back to Southern California, from St. Louis. But I understand why the Rams moved back, it was dollars & sense moving back to LA. The Media sharing money in LA is huge compared to be in a small media market like St Louis, LA is like # two in the USA., (actually it will be Inglewood) to a new world class stadium soon, on the old Hollywood Park Horse Race property.

I recall when I was a kid in LA area, the Rams played at the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum, then they moved to Anaheim to play were the Angles Baseball team played, then settling in St. Louis for a while, winning a Super Bowl at the St. Louis Rams. Now there back playing in the Colosum until the new stadium is complete.

Plus the Oakland Raiders have moved, or are moving to Las Vegas, Neveda from Oakland, CA. Who would have ever guessed?
[Reply]
The Poet 04:25 AM 07-31-2018
For me the one aspect of NFL training camps is that I am no longer in Madison NJ, so do not have to deal with all the obnoxious Jets fans invading town. :-)
[Reply]
icehog3 03:50 PM 07-31-2018
Does Chicago still have an NFL team, or did they move to the CFL?
[Reply]
The Poet 04:34 PM 07-31-2018
Originally Posted by icehog3:
They should move to Cleveland so they'd have one there.
[Reply]
dvickery 05:38 PM 07-31-2018
Somebody here even knows about the “CFL” ... I am shocked .

A huge fan of CFL football ... a BETTER game than nfl football played with lesser talent .

Don’t start watching nfl until after the end of November .

Derrek
[Reply]
SurfnSafari 06:06 PM 07-31-2018
Some teams do not play well, I can think of two that are always pathetic. The Brown, and Cardinals.

Others always seem to play respectably, it is all about the owners who understand have a winning team cost an investment of dollar & cents in good coaches, players, and last involvement in the local community to get fans into seats.

Than the player need play like they cared, were there to win, and just not collecting a Salery for being in a uniform.

It easier to fill the seats if your winning, harder if you alway loosing.
JMHO
[Reply]
icehog3 07:08 PM 07-31-2018
Originally Posted by The Poet:
They should move to Cleveland so they'd have one there.
It's a long way from Canada to Cleveland! :-)

Originally Posted by dvickery:
Somebody here even knows about the “CFL” ... I am shocked .

A huge fan of CFL football ... a BETTER game than nfl football played with lesser talent .

Don’t start watching nfl until after the end of November .

Derrek
C'mon, Derrek, I'm the most Canadian non-Canadian you know! :-)
[Reply]
dvickery 10:43 AM 08-01-2018

C'mon, Derrek, I'm the most Canadian non-Canadian you know! :-)
Didn’t end yer sentence with “eh” ...

Derrek
[Reply]
icehog3 03:08 PM 08-01-2018
Originally Posted by dvickery:
Didn’t end yer sentence with “eh” ...

Derrek
'cause I'm a non-Canadian Canadian! :-)

And I am NOT a Canadien. Derrek knows the difference. :-)
[Reply]
Up