Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>Coolidor Finished
sweater914 09:38 AM 11-22-2014
Well, it's done, no pics yet, I'm on the road.

CI truly is the devil, ordered some Olivia seconds and they include their shiny catalog, which I can page through and circle cigars I'd like to try.

I'd like to shout out to all the fine folks here who contributed to the more technical/information stickies which shaped my coolidor project. Without them I'd still be in the dark and buying singles at my local store.
[Reply]
AdamJoshua 10:07 AM 11-22-2014
Congrats and can't wait to see it. Nothing wrong with buying a single here and there from your local B & M shop now and then, always good to keep the local guys in business.

Safe travels :-)
[Reply]
jhedrick83 10:08 AM 11-22-2014
Originally Posted by sweater914:
Well, it's done, no pics yet, I'm on the road.

CI truly is the devil, ordered some Olivia seconds and they include their shiny catalog, which I can page through and circle cigars I'd like to try.

I'd like to shout out to all the fine folks here who contributed to the more technical/information stickies which shaped my coolidor project. Without them I'd still be in the dark and buying singles at my local store.
Let's see some photos!!
[Reply]
sweater914 10:40 AM 11-22-2014
Originally Posted by AdamJoshua:
Congrats and can't wait to see it. Nothing wrong with buying a single here and there from your local B & M shop now and then, always good to keep the local guys in business.

Safe travels :-)
Believe it or not my local bottle shop/cigar retailer does offer some reasonable prices, but you must absolutely self educate, the staff is useless and their primary focus is the shop floor filled with wine, booze, and beer.
[Reply]
AdamJoshua 11:36 AM 11-22-2014
Believe it or not my local bottle shop/cigar retailer does offer some reasonable prices, but you must absolutely self educate, the staff is useless and their primary focus is the shop floor filled with wine, booze, and beer.
Oh that's a bit different, I pictured it as a small cigar lounge, leather club chairs, t.v.s everywhere, I still like to support my small local businesses but I was picturing something different.
[Reply]
sweater914 11:59 AM 11-22-2014
Originally Posted by AdamJoshua:
Oh that's a bit different, I pictured it as a small cigar lounge, leather club chairs, t.v.s everywhere, I still like to support my small local businesses but I was picturing something different.
It's North Dakota, with a total population of slightly under 1 million, some things are bound to be a little different. The Happy Harry's Bottle Shops located in Fargo and Grand Forks have a wonderful selection of adult beverage, the cigar sales are ancillary and each shop's management commitment to the walk in humidors vary considerably, the Fargo store really shine with cigar ratings from national and online publications on nearly every box good or bad. The Grand Forks shops don't really give their humidors much attention. At least there are a couple of places to pick up some singles.
[Reply]
Porch Dweller 02:18 PM 11-22-2014
It's North Dakota, with a total population of slightly under 1 million, some things are bound to be a little different. The Happy Harry's Bottle Shops located in Fargo and Grand Forks have a wonderful selection of adult beverage, the cigar sales are ancillary and each shop's management commitment to the walk in humidors vary considerably, the Fargo store really shine with cigar ratings from national and online publications on nearly every box good or bad. The Grand Forks shops don't really give their humidors much attention. At least there are a couple of places to pick up some singles.
Once they become available to you, check out the Simple PIF (Pay it Forward) and MAW (Make a Wish) PIF threads here on the forum. It's a great way to try some new cigars.
[Reply]
badbriar 07:42 PM 11-22-2014
Welcome...
Now we gotta Bomb your azz when some time passes! Be very afraid!

:-)
[Reply]
sweater914 07:26 AM 11-24-2014
I tried to be relatively modest with the first attempt. Cooler $40, four Cuban Crafter trays about $60, HCM 1.5lbs beads with hygrometer $100, and various hardware $20. Thankfully the trays are nearly a perfect fit, some cedar scraps to fill out the edges of the shelves should allow plenty of space for cigars. Sealing might be an issue but the beads are keeping the humidity reasonable with some minor maintenance.

[Reply]
mkarnold1 07:34 AM 11-24-2014
That is extremely empty. Looks like it would hold a lot of smokes though.

Check out the NST to start filling it up. :-)
[Reply]
Steve 08:21 AM 11-24-2014
Originally Posted by mkarnold1:
That is extremely empty. Looks like it would hold a lot of smokes though.

Check out the NST to start filling it up. :-)
Nice start. Has anyone told you about the newsletter? Some great ideas in it for filling up that coolador...
[Reply]
MarkinAZ 08:45 AM 11-24-2014
Originally Posted by Steve:
Nice start. Has anyone told you about the newsletter? Some great ideas in it for filling up that coolador...
:-)... I guess its been awhile Steve, but was that information packed newsletter free or was there a nominal subscription fee?
[Reply]
longknocker 08:49 AM 11-24-2014
Originally Posted by MarkinCA:
:-)... I guess its been awhile Steve, but was that information packed newsletter free or was there a nominal subscription fee?
I Think It's Free To New Subscribers, Mark.:-)
[Reply]
Steve 08:55 AM 11-24-2014
Originally Posted by MarkinCA:
Originally Posted by longknocker:
Free to a good home Mark :-):-)
[Reply]
MarkinAZ 08:57 AM 11-24-2014
Originally Posted by longknocker:
Free to a good home Mark :-):-)
Sounds like a great deal then for a new subscriber. Thanks again all:-)
[Reply]
pattersong 09:37 AM 11-24-2014

Just curious how does one go about signing up for the news letter? I'm always interested in cigar related material.
[Reply]
Steve 09:39 AM 11-24-2014
PM me your addy and I'll pass it along. :-)
[Reply]
pattersong 11:15 AM 11-24-2014
PM me your addy and I'll pass it along. :-)
Excellent! Thank you Steve! Pm sent.
[Reply]
WhiteMamba 11:25 AM 11-24-2014
:-)
[Reply]
Steve 11:28 AM 11-24-2014
Originally Posted by pattersong:
Excellent! Thank you Steve! Pm sent.
Got it. I'll see that it gets passed on. Anyone else needs me to add thier name to the newsletter mailing list, shoot me a PM.

:-):-)
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up