Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>Ronson Jet Lite Modification (2012)
badbriar 08:23 PM 09-29-2014
Bought two Jet Lites and did the mods. First went fine without a hitch. Second was going along and the pin holding the spring/flip cover assembly fell out into the carpet. Go figure...nowhere to be seen. So, used the other short pin for that and was a pin short. Finally just used a stout toothpick and snapped it off to size. Put the beast together and...works fine! Cool little torch lighter! Word of advice- don't turn the lighter upside down after removing the first two pins. That third one is not easy to get back in place, being under stress from the short spring! :-)
[Reply]
baust55 11:42 AM 10-22-2014
cool I found a Ronson JetLite at Wal-Mart for $3.57 These are made or distributed buy Zippo .
I opened it up removed the brass limiter ring ,put the little o-ring back on.
I did not remove the pins to get at the spring ,I used a small pair of needle nose pliers to pull the spring out.
Save your receipt this lighter has a one year warranty.

[Reply]
stearns 11:54 AM 10-22-2014
Originally Posted by baust55:
Save your receipt this lighter has a one year warranty.
I would guess the warranty is voided once you modify it. fortunately you can just replace it for under $4 :-)
[Reply]
Steve 12:50 PM 10-22-2014
Originally Posted by stearns:
I would guess the warranty is voided once you modify it. fortunately you can just replace it for under $4 :-)
:-):-)
[Reply]
baust55 01:13 PM 10-22-2014
I read a post on another site were a guy bought a Ronson had troubles ,He called there 800# they didn't ask any questions they just sent him another one . so he said ha

Also another post were Wal-Mart exchanged for another no questions asked.
[Reply]
Steve 01:32 PM 10-22-2014
My daddy always told me that just because you can do something, that doesn't make it right.

:-) YMMV
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up