Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>Ronson Jet Lite Modification (2012)
ColdCuts 11:21 AM 09-17-2014
If you've already seen this video, I apologize. It was posted a little over a year ago in a thread called Anyone need Ronson Jetlites?. I was using a different brand of lighter back then and wasn't in the market for a Jet Lite, so I overlooked that thread. Well, I've got a Jet Lite now, and I couldn't be happier with this mod. And it's a snap to perform. If you're a new Jet Lite owner like myself, here you go...

Ronson Jet Lite Mod

Oh, one detail not mentioned in the video: When you remove the case, there is a tiny black rubber gasket--and I mean tiny--that sits between the metal case and the plastic fuel reservoir. One side of the gasket is flat, the other side has a peg so that it can be seated in the tiny hole in the center of the bottom of the fuel reservoir. Easy to lose if you don't know to look for it. That is all.

I hope this helps someone out. :-)
[Reply]
357 11:59 AM 09-17-2014
I do this to all my Ronson JetLites. Love those little things. Funny, at my local Wally World they are now $3.57
[Reply]
tsolomon 12:57 PM 09-17-2014
With my Jetlites, I just remove the brass clip that limits the flame adjustment. I was having a lot of lighting issues with these lighters after refilling them and this corrected that problem.
[Reply]
bobarian 01:39 PM 09-17-2014
Is there a mod that enlarges the fuel tank? :-)
[Reply]
icehog3 01:42 PM 09-17-2014
Originally Posted by bobarian:
Is there a mod that enlarges the fuel tank? :-)
Theer is one at Deals Xtreme, and you don't even need a Ronson! :-):
[Reply]
ColdCuts 02:15 PM 09-17-2014
Originally Posted by icehog3:
:-)
[Reply]
ColdCuts 09:41 AM 09-18-2014
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Tom, do you mean this site?

http://www.dx.com/c/hobbies-toys-899...ers-858?page=1

I could kill a whole afternoon browsing 1,233 butane lighters.
[Reply]
irratebass 10:14 AM 09-18-2014
These are all you need Dave, but buy plenty of them, I bought 3 and only 1 worked

http://www.dx.com/p/jet-1300-c-butan...0#.VBsEv_ldW0g
[Reply]
badbriar 11:30 AM 09-18-2014
OK - I'm sold...where's the best source for finding these little gems? Local Wally mart doesn't carry them!
[Reply]
ColdCuts 12:15 PM 09-18-2014
Originally Posted by irratebass:
These are all you need Dave, but buy plenty of them, I bought 3 and only 1 worked

Whoa! That looks like a beast! Too big for the pocket, yes?

Originally Posted by badbriar:
OK - I'm sold...where's the best source for finding these little gems? Local Wally mart doesn't carry them!
Got a Walgreens? They have 'em too. I actually paid $8 for mine on eBay because I've got neither a WallyWorld nor a Walgreens. :-)
[Reply]
357 12:23 PM 09-18-2014
Wally world by me sells them for $3.57. I could fit a ton of them in a $5 flat rate box if someone wanted to pursue that.
[Reply]
badbriar 09:11 PM 09-21-2014
Finally found some at a Wally World
[Reply]
T.G 11:04 PM 09-21-2014

Well, shoot, that's a great way to convince someone to buy something. Why didn't anyone else ever think of that sales pitch?
[Reply]
Subvet642 12:17 AM 09-22-2014

Originally Posted by T.G:
Well, shoot, that's a great way to convince someone to buy something. Why didn't anyone else ever think of that sales pitch?
It makes more sense if spoken in a Russian accent. :-)
[Reply]
T.G 08:21 AM 09-22-2014
Originally Posted by Subvet642:
It makes more sense if spoken in a Russian accent. :-)
I know, it's really a promotion to sell more lighters.

"Cause we're adding a little something to this month's sales contest. As you all know first prize is a Cadillac El Dorado. Anyone wanna see second prize? Second prize is a set of steak knives. Third prize is you're fired. Get the picture? "
[Reply]
ColdCuts 08:40 AM 09-22-2014
I know, it's really a promotion to sell more lighters.

"Cause we're adding a little something to this month's sales contest. As you all know first prize is a Cadillac El Dorado. Anyone wanna see second prize? Second prize is a set of steak knives. Third prize is you're fired. Get the picture? "
"Because only one thing counts in this life. Get them to sign on the line which is dotted!"

I couldn't help myself. :-)
[Reply]
bonjing 04:42 PM 09-22-2014
Originally Posted by ColdCuts:
Whoa! That looks like a beast! Too big for the pocket, yes?:
Fits my pocket just fine, but then again I have some big azzed pants :-) Great for herfs so you're not always looking for a refill, especially if you like toasting your cigar. I gave up on the ronson after my first herf with it.
[Reply]
irratebass 10:10 AM 09-24-2014
Well it is China......sooooo

And yes, it fits in the pocket with ease, the base is detatchable
[Reply]
Dave128 11:04 AM 09-24-2014
I buy my Jet Lites at Walgreens for $4.99 a pop.
[Reply]
T.G 11:14 AM 09-24-2014
Well it is China......sooooo

And yes, it fits in the pocket with ease, the base is detatchable
:-)
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up