Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 3 of 6
< 123 45 > Last »
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>Dream humidor construction in progress- help?!
Robulous78 12:08 AM 09-14-2012
This is his and my first build.... once mine is done I'm sure he'd be open to making another one.... if you are commenting on the pictures in your quote that would be Remo_5_0 's humidor and his buddy... so you'd have to ask him....
[Reply]
Boz 09:35 PM 09-15-2012
Originally Posted by cmitch:
Let's put a huge ditto on that. A store in Mt. Juliet, TN lined their walk in humidor in American Red Cedar. I really feel sorry for the loss of product when that aroma kills them.
:-)
[Reply]
Robulous78 11:00 PM 09-15-2012
So... a few days have past and I NOW have return plans from Darrell,

He envisions a 21" x 22" x 9" monster... :-) His plans might be a little hard to see from the camera, But I am excited...

[IMG]Image Overall &amp; bottom drawer by Robulous78, on Flickr[/IMG]

This Page gives a rough overlook with detail to the bottom drawer that will be used to hold my accessories, cutter, lighters ect...

[IMG]Image Untitled by Robulous78, on Flickr[/IMG]

This Page gives a look at the over all dimensions of the compartments and the height, a rough calculation gives me the estimate of 4158 cubic inches of humidified storage.

[IMG]Image Joints view by Robulous78, on Flickr[/IMG]

This page shows the joints he will be making, the lid, and the different lid styles he is offering me... :-)
As the joints show the sections will stack on top of each other and will allow for future sections to be added if needed...

To all that are keeping up with my build I appreciate your interest and input... anyone who has anything they want to say feel free to give me your opinions...
Darrell is starting on the box construction...
step 2... finding reasonably priced Spanish Cedar Inlay and trays... Thoughts?

Thanks guys and Pleasant Puffs,

Rob
[Reply]
Robulous78 11:07 PM 09-20-2012
So Darrel has been busy... I am extremely pleased to show the bottom floor of my Humidor... This shows our base the drawer slot and the bottom humidification bay and the grooves that the second and 3 layers will rest on...

So here they are...

[IMG]Image Bottom View, Drawer &amp; Humidification bay by Robulous78, on Flickr[/IMG]

[IMG]Image Drawer Closeup 2 by Robulous78, on Flickr[/IMG]

[IMG]Image Groove by Robulous78, on Flickr[/IMG]

[IMG]Image Humidification bay by Robulous78, on Flickr[/IMG]

[IMG]Image Side view by Robulous78, on Flickr[/IMG]
[Reply]
bighairlogo 09:38 PM 09-21-2012
looking like some good progress, cant wait to see more updates :-)
[Reply]
Shawn hines 09:47 PM 09-21-2012
Looking good, I am subscribed.
[Reply]
Robulous78 03:16 PM 09-24-2012
Originally Posted by Shawn hines:
Looking good, I am subscribed.
Thanks Man... I really appreciate your interest in my build. Darrel is still working on my 2nd and 3rd sections and I am hunting down Spanish Cedar to line it... but we will have more pictures in about a week...

Subscriptions = Smiles :-)
[Reply]
Shawn hines 11:33 PM 09-24-2012
Thanks man, Just remember that most of us can't read so we like to look at pretty pictures.
[Reply]
Robulous78 11:57 AM 09-25-2012
Thanks man, Just remember that most of us can't read so we like to look at pretty pictures.
Rest Assured... Ill be posting pics as we complete every step of the way... I used to be just a cigar on an occasion smoker...Then thanks to my neighbor and these forums I am now up to 1-2 cigars a day... This project is an undertaking so that I can improve on that... and have the space to store it all also...

Thanks for your interest Shawn... Ill be sure to provide many pictures....

Rob
[Reply]
Blak Smyth 12:10 PM 09-25-2012
It is true, thanks for the update pics. Looking good so far.
[Reply]
Robulous78 12:16 PM 09-25-2012
Originally Posted by Blak Smyth:
It is true, thanks for the update pics. Looking good so far.
Thanks for dropping in Blak Smyth... more pics will be up this weekend probably... :-)
[Reply]
Robulous78 04:50 PM 09-25-2012
More pics... a few days sooner then I had expected... Darrel made some more saw dust today...

[IMG]Image Humidor 013 by Robulous78, on Flickr[/IMG]

Here we can see my second layer... The humidification beads will go in the bottom in the 1.5 inch pocket between the base and this layer... when completed this layer will have a Spanish Cedar slatted bottom...

[IMG]Image Humidor 012 by Robulous78, on Flickr[/IMG]

Darrel can sure make some good slots. you can barely make out the seams where these 2 parts will separate...

[IMG]Image Humidor 011 by Robulous78, on Flickr[/IMG]

On top of this section goes one more wall section attached to a lid... Darrel took this picture to show how my drawer will be flush with the front and side faces... We are going to get pop release tracks to run the drawer... so no need for a pull or other hardware...

[IMG]Image Humidor 010 by Robulous78, on Flickr[/IMG]

My baby as it stands now... Darrel will start on the next 8 inch tall wall that goes on top of it next, followed by the lid... Which means I am getting ever closer to having to find Spanish Cedar without it costing me an arm and a leg... Anyone have suggestions? / Comments? I'd love to hear them...
[Reply]
squishy 04:59 PM 09-25-2012
Looking good for sure there man
[Reply]
Robulous78 05:01 PM 09-25-2012
Originally Posted by squishy:
Looking good for sure there man
Thanks for the encouragement Squishy... :-)
[Reply]
bighairlogo 05:02 PM 09-25-2012
glad to see some progress, its looking good :-)
[Reply]
Robulous78 05:06 PM 09-25-2012
Originally Posted by bighairlogo:
glad to see some progress, its looking good :-)
Thanks Tyler... just another handful of weeks and she'll be mine to take home... :-) :-)
[Reply]
TJarv 07:41 PM 09-25-2012
Looking nice, are you going to put any kind of finish on the wood
[Reply]
Robulous78 07:45 PM 09-25-2012
Originally Posted by TJarv:
Looking nice, are you going to put any kind of finish on the wood
That is where Darrel and I differ... he feels that all the outer hull needs is a few clear coats to accentuate the patterns of the red oak... I on the other hand feel a nice stain and some clear coats are the way to go... I have been looking at a few stains and what not... but if you have any recommendations I'd love to hear them...
[Reply]
TJarv 07:48 PM 09-25-2012
I think it would look nice either way. Yall picked out a nice piece of wood that has alot of grain running through it.
[Reply]
Robulous78 07:51 PM 09-25-2012
Originally Posted by TJarv:
I think it would look nice either way. Yall picked out a nice piece of wood that has alot of grain running through it.
Much appreciated... yea we took every piece of red oak that Lowe's had off the shelf... sorted our way through 20 or more boards and this is the winner... I just think it needs a stain to give it a darker color to match my bar... I haven't seen many "natural grain" finished humidors... I don't know if it will go well with the rest of my stuff...
[Reply]
Page 3 of 6
< 123 45 > Last »
Up