Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>I found a problem with Stinky!
AllOGistics 07:39 PM 04-07-2009
Ok, so it's not serious. Do you remember catching leaves on fire with magnifying glasses as a kid?

I sat down today to smoke a cigar. I set out the ashtray and went inside to grab some stuff. Well, I happened to put it in the perfect spot to reflect the light in a single beam back into the bowl. The beam focused on an old cigar nub. I came back outside and smelled smoke. I thought it was strange, but couldn't find a source. The next thing I know there is smoke pouring out of the Stinky. Apparently, it caught fire faster than John's beard. :-) I quickly moved the bowl out of the sun and swirled the bowl just a little to move the smoldering cigar into some ashes. It was pretty funny. The only fix I can think of is to make sure the bowl stays more full in the future. :-)

Has anyone else had this happen?
[Reply]
WildBlueSooner 07:42 PM 04-07-2009
Originally Posted by AllOGistics:
Ok, so it's not serious. Do you remember catching leaves on fire with magnifying glasses as a kid?

I sat down today to smoke a cigar. I set out the ashtray and went inside to grab some stuff. Well, I happened to put it in the perfect spot to reflect the light in a single beam back into the bowl. The beam focused on an old cigar nub. I came back outside and smelled smoke. I thought it was strange, but couldn't find a source. The next thing I know there is smoke pouring out of the Stinky. Apparently, it caught fire faster than John's beard. :-) I quickly moved the bowl out of the sun and swirled the bowl just a little to move the smoldering cigar into some ashes. It was pretty funny. The only fix I can think of is to make sure the bowl stays more full in the future. :-)

Haha sounds like the stinky was pissed that you were done smoking :-)
[Reply]
rack04 07:47 PM 04-07-2009
Originally Posted by AllOGistics:

Yes. I've heard of this happening before.
[Reply]
MedicCook 08:00 PM 04-07-2009
Originally Posted by WildBlueSooner:
Haha sounds like the stinky was pissed that you were done smoking :-)
:-)

The cigar gods are trying to tell you something.
[Reply]
AllOGistics 08:02 PM 04-07-2009
Well, there seems to be only one way to appease the cigar gods. Got to do what you've got to do!
[Reply]
cle_smoker 08:13 PM 04-07-2009
Maybe it was angry and wanted a sacrifice. :-)
[Reply]
ucla695 08:22 PM 04-07-2009
Wow, I would have never thought of that, but it makes sense. Be sure to make an appropriate sacrifice to appease the cigar gods.
[Reply]
Skywalker 08:50 PM 04-07-2009
An ashtray that lights your cigars for you???

I'm sold!!!
[Reply]
Boss Hogg 08:54 PM 04-07-2009
Originally Posted by Skywalker:

I'm sold!!!
You know I have been considering getting this ashtray... I think I'm sold now :-)
[Reply]
WildBlueSooner 08:54 PM 04-07-2009
Good excuse for my wife...its gonna burn the porch down if I dont got out there and take control of the situation!
[Reply]
AllOGistics 09:09 PM 04-07-2009
Originally Posted by Skywalker:

I'm sold!!!
:-) That's one way of looking at it. Either way it's a great ashtray.
[Reply]
lightning9191 09:17 PM 04-07-2009
That's pretty funny!:-)
[Reply]
SmokeyJoe 10:41 PM 04-07-2009
Originally Posted by skywalker:
an ashtray that lights your cigars for you???

I'm sold!!!
brilliant!!! :-)
[Reply]
Waynegro1 10:44 PM 04-07-2009
That is just crazy, I've never heard of this happening. I can't help but want to give this a shot with my old Stinky. Thanks for the cool or should I say, Hot :-) Stinky story.:-)
[Reply]
AllOGistics 11:10 PM 04-07-2009
If you set it up right, I found out it doesn't take long for it to light it, maybe 30 seconds. After I put out the accidental light, I experimented with placement for a while. I'm pretty easy to amuse I suppose.
[Reply]
marge796 12:21 AM 04-08-2009
Never underestimate the power of Stinky!!

[Reply]
ThreeSheets 12:43 AM 04-08-2009
I remember seeing an "emergency" cigarette lighter when I was a kid. It was a small shiney concave dish with a holder for the cig. When you held it in the sun it lit it up just like you are describing.

Like this: http://www.metacafe.com/watch/455399...he_power_of_t/
[Reply]
lightning9191 10:41 AM 04-08-2009
Maybe the Stinky is based on the Archimedes Death ray?:-)
[Reply]
ca21455 05:15 PM 04-08-2009
This happened to me with a Trinidad Chruchill. I set it on the holder unlit and went inside. When I came out the Stinky had burned a hole the the middle of the cigar. I cut it in half and smoked the lit half and then smoked the end. All in all did not turn out too bad but I never leave the Stinky in the sun now.
[Reply]
tooomanycolors 12:56 AM 04-18-2009
very nice
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up