Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>Prometheus lighters and cutters
Angry_Pirate 05:03 PM 12-21-2014
I'm thinking of purchasing the God of Fire 10th anniversary lighter and cutter set made by prometheus and was wondering if anyone here has had experience with their products mainly concerned with build quality. I've always used plastic cutter in the past so anything would be am improvement.
[Reply]
azar 07:45 PM 12-21-2014
No but if you buy me some I will let you know how they are!!!
[Reply]
Angry_Pirate 10:32 PM 12-21-2014
I'll get right on that. Thanks for the help
[Reply]
pattersong 08:08 PM 12-22-2014
This is my torch...

It's very classy and definitely a well made product. It has 3 jets and a glossy lacquer finish..not heavy but feels solid in the palm of my hand. Fits into my pockets comfortably, and has a built in punch cutter. Since there are 3 jets, it burns through fuel pretty fast. I can light 4 cigars ...then need to refill. This torch usually makes for a nice conversation piece.

[Reply]
Angry_Pirate 08:22 PM 12-22-2014
Thanks for the input Greg, I was looking at the Destino and forbidden x versions as well as the God of fire anniversary. I will probably order one when the wife and I return from Xmas vacation
[Reply]
badbriar 09:24 PM 12-22-2014
JT -
No experience with that make, but most here will swear by Palio and Xikar cutters. Lots of discussion on lighters. Make sure to get a good warranty. I received a costly lighter as a gift and it crapped out after second use. Warranty was not much good. Ditched it and bought Xikar products and never looked back! Let us know how you like the Promethus. :-)
[Reply]
Angry_Pirate 02:01 AM 12-23-2014
Thanks Rob. I have looked Xikar's and really liked the slim carbon fiber cutter they have but haven't gave much thought to looking at their lighters. I'll look into Palio also. I'm hoping I can find a place to do some hands on research. I'll definitely make sure the warranty is good.
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 04:32 AM 12-23-2014
I could or would not recommend a Prometheus lighter in good conscious. They are poor quality and won't last.

Check out Atoll lighters if want a nice one, but not ready for Dupont/Dunhill/Davidoff level lighter.
[Reply]
dijit 05:31 AM 12-23-2014
Several years ago I had a cigar aficionado Prometheus lighter. It worked well for about 6 months. Then it just quit no sputtering or any warning and I could still light it with a match and use it. When I inquired about a repair or replacement and warranty, I was told I could replace it for $49.99 plus shipping. Personally I now swear by xikar. My oldest lighter from them is arguably almost 15 years old has been replaced twice (for free) under their lifetime warrantee program. In my opinion very much worth the extra 20 bucks I spent on it as opposed to the Prometheus. Yes I am a xikar whore but they really earned it from me in customer service.
[Reply]
Up