Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>Tupperdor Question
pattersong 10:28 AM 11-21-2014
Hey friends,

I have a great problem. I have more cigars at the moment than my humidor can hold.

I would like to go with a tupperdor and boveda pack.

Is there any reason why I should go with a glass container, rather than plastic? A non stinky plastic that is.

Your input is always appreciated!
[Reply]
CigarNut 10:41 AM 11-21-2014
As long as the container is food-grade and seals well, it does not matter whether it is glass or plastic.

Since these containers seal so well, you need to make sure that the Boveda pack you use is set to the RH you want -- that is if you want your cigars at 65% RH, don't use a 69% Boveda pack.
[Reply]
shilala 10:58 AM 11-21-2014
They have bail jars at Wally, plastic or glass.
Either work great. Cheap, too.
[Reply]
pattersong 01:00 PM 11-21-2014
Sounds great. Thanks guys!
[Reply]
Sweet_Leaf_PDX 05:51 PM 11-21-2014
I have a plastic hermetic/bail jar that I use for overflow and as a "Moochador" for BBQs and stuff. It works great. When I have cigars in it I drop a HCM 2 ounce soft bead stick in there. I like the plastic one because you can also take it with you on trips, like a travel humidor, and you don't have to worry about it breaking.
[Reply]
pattersong 06:11 PM 11-21-2014
A successful tupperdor purchase this evening. $11...I stopped by the cigar shop and picked up a few slices of Spanish cedar to drop in the bottom as well. There is a little tray in the bottom with grids where the cigars sit. The cedar is below the tray about 1/8". Perfect!

[Reply]
Sweet_Leaf_PDX 06:24 PM 11-21-2014
Originally Posted by pattersong:
A successful tupperdor purchase this evening. $11...I stopped by the cigar shop and picked up a few slices of Spanish cedar to drop in the bottom as well. There is a little tray in the bottom with grids where the cigars sit. The cedar is below the tray about 1/8". Perfect!

looks good :-)
[Reply]
pattersong 06:34 PM 11-21-2014
I had to leave the Kentucky Fire Cured in it's own humidified zip lock. The aroma from that cigar is powerful!

Thanks for the advice guys!
[Reply]
WhiteMamba 06:58 PM 11-21-2014
Looks good :-)
[Reply]
Up