Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>Do Heartfelt beads dry out?
rizzle 03:12 PM 10-22-2014
Doesn't seem like my vino is holding the rh it should be holding. Do the beads dry out, do they have a shelf life, what should a brother do?
[Reply]
Flynnster 03:14 PM 10-22-2014
They do dry out, you'll have to "recharge" them when they dry out. Easiest way to tell is they will get more white than clear.

How long they stay charged is a matter of your unit and how much leakage there is.
[Reply]
rizzle 03:16 PM 10-22-2014
Gotcha. Guess that's what we'll have to do then. :-)
[Reply]
AdamJoshua 04:28 PM 10-22-2014
The suggested method is to put them in a sealed bag or container along with a sponge that has been dampened with distilled water, spraying them with (misting them) with water can cause micro fractures that damage the beads.

You can find some great information here:

http://www.heartfeltindustries.com/Bead_Set_Up.asp
[Reply]
Subvet642 09:09 PM 10-22-2014
Do you have enough beads for the vino? How's the seal? Have you checked the hygro batteries and calibration?
[Reply]
Flynnster 07:42 AM 10-23-2014
I'll also add that you don't have to be as gentle as that with the beads. I have a tube and pour distilled water on half of them. The guy who runs Cigar Obsession literally throws his in a bucket of water and his work fine still.
[Reply]
ColdCuts 08:21 AM 10-23-2014
I've been misting mine with distilled water for years. I like doing things according to manufacturers instructions, generally. I guess I just don't have the patience to seal my beads in a Ziploc with a saturated sponge for who knows how long. Perhaps a few of the beads do break when I mist 'em. I can't be certain.
[Reply]
rizzle 09:44 AM 10-23-2014
Originally Posted by Subvet642:
Do you have enough beads for the vino? How's the seal? Have you checked the hygro batteries and calibration?
Yeah, there's 3 lbs in there. I haven't so much as touched them in probably 4 years. And the vino runs consistently, cause Florida, so they're probably dried out. I'll see if I can bring them back to life. :-)
[Reply]
pnoon 09:54 AM 10-23-2014
Originally Posted by Flynnster:
The guy who runs Cigar Obsession
:-)
[Reply]
tsolomon 09:59 AM 10-23-2014
Originally Posted by ColdCuts:
I've been misting mine with distilled water for years. I like doing things according to manufacturers instructions, generally. I guess I just don't have the patience to seal my beads in a Ziploc with a saturated sponge for who knows how long. Perhaps a few of the beads do break when I mist 'em. I can't be certain.
I have been misting mine for years and I thought that was the in the intructions back in '08. :-)
[Reply]
bobarian 12:12 PM 10-23-2014
Most of the time I'm too lazy to dig out the bags of beads, so I just mist the Vinotemp door a few times before closing. If the bags are handy, I mist them directly. No issues in 7 years. :-)
[Reply]
stearns 12:15 PM 10-23-2014
Originally Posted by bobarian:
Most of the time I'm too lazy to dig out the bags of beads, so I just mist the Vinotemp door a few times before closing. If the bags are handy, I mist them directly. No issues in 7 years. :-)
[Reply]
shilala 12:56 PM 10-23-2014
Nothing lazy about that, Bob. It's smart. But you know what you're doing.
You catch on to what you can and can't do after lots of years. :-)
[Reply]
AdamJoshua 02:35 PM 10-23-2014
Originally Posted by shilala:
Nothing lazy about that, Bob. It's smart. But you know what you're doing.
You catch on to what you can and can't do after lots of years. :-)
Pffth you're the shmuck that told me to use the sponges and #$@% oh I see because I was a noob, that's what you're going to say isn't it ... well .... :-)

[Reply]
rizzle 09:07 AM 11-03-2014
Interesting. Never thought of just spraying a little moisture in there every now and then.

I seem to have gotten them under control. A little too moist actually, but it'll all work out. I just don't freak out about it like I used to.
[Reply]
Up