Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>This could be a nice humidor monitoring system
Chainsaw13 06:19 PM 05-29-2013
Saw this link on FB today. (Note, I have no affiliation with this project)

http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/mo...ur-sixth-sense

If these do get produced and work as advertised, would be a neat way to monitor your humidor. I'm tempted to pick up a few, one for my cabinet, one for my sausage curing chamber, a couple of the grow type for my garden.
[Reply]
dwoodward 06:23 PM 05-29-2013
RH +-2%... pretty nice. And the fact you could just check your RH on your phone via an app. Would be nice.
[Reply]
Sadden 06:29 PM 05-29-2013
Cool!
[Reply]
Chainsaw13 06:39 PM 05-29-2013
Originally Posted by dwoodward:
RH +-2%... pretty nice. And the fact you could just check your RH on your phone via an app. Would be nice.
Didn't notice that accuracy. Not bad.
[Reply]
EricF 06:48 PM 05-29-2013
I think the concept is great! I hope they really make them.
[Reply]
markem 07:06 PM 05-29-2013
They don't mention which embedded OS they are using, but it probably isn't TinOS, which is open source and has lots of support in the wireless low power community.

They also don't mention which BlueTooth 4.0 stack they are using. Surprising that they don't even mention ZigBee since some implementations are as power efficient as almost the best BT ones.

For the climate monitoring, the enclosure would be critical. It definitely will not have any fans to move air across the board, so the micro climate is important. Of course, if you already have fans in your setup, just put the mote nearby.
[Reply]
equetefue 07:25 AM 05-30-2013
pretty cool concept. I like it. Hope they make it
[Reply]
Blak Smyth 08:15 AM 05-30-2013
Cool idea.
[Reply]
Up