Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>Cigar Oasis vs Hydra
TheLostGringo 02:47 PM 04-09-2009
Which one do you think is better?
[Reply]
Humidor Minister 01:50 PM 04-10-2009
I recently purchased a Hydra. So far it's been great. The only thing I don't care for it that it has no memory if the power goes out. Other than that I'm happy.:-)
[Reply]
SixPackSunday 01:51 PM 04-10-2009
how often does your power go out?

I have an xl plus and I actually dont care for it much at all...
[Reply]
Humidor Minister 01:57 PM 04-10-2009
It's either burped or gone completely out 3 times in the last few months due to cars hitting poles or something else the city does. In the Monsoon season it's very common during lightning storms.For about 3 to 4 months during summer we can expect the pwr to go out at least 5 times. If I'm out of town for a few days and this happens, I'd be pissed. There's more value in my humidor than there is in my stock portfolio.
[Reply]
xeemz 02:42 PM 04-10-2009
Originally Posted by Humidor Minister:
It's either burped or gone completely out 3 times in the last few months due to cars hitting poles or something else the city does. In the Monsoon season it's very common during lightning storms.For about 3 to 4 months during summer we can expect the pwr to go out at least 5 times. If I'm out of town for a few days and this happens, I'd be pissed. There's more value in my humidor than there is in my stock portfolio.
LOL, at first I thought wow, you have 100k in cigars? Then I checked Google stock and remembered its about half of what it once was. I don't if I should laugh or cry.
[Reply]
K-1 10:43 PM 04-17-2009
I have the xl plus and i dont like it. The digital readout is always 8-13 points off when compared to my Diamond Crown digital. Im not familiar with the other brand though.
[Reply]
darkninja67 11:27 PM 04-17-2009
Originally Posted by Humidor Minister:
Slap a cheap APC UPS on the Hydra and you will be good to go.
[Reply]
GWN 05:30 AM 04-18-2009
I have a hydra, my pop has an Oasis. Both work fine and do they job they are intended to do, so I'd say it just comes down to which feature set to do you like best.
[Reply]
CigarmanTim 06:17 AM 04-18-2009
Originally Posted by K-1:
I have the xl plus and i dont like it. The digital readout is always 8-13 points off when compared to my Diamond Crown digital. Im not familiar with the other brand though.
That is the downfall with a hygrometer when the sensor sits on top of the reservoir.
[Reply]
K-1 09:21 AM 04-23-2009
they are seperated by over three feet???
[Reply]
CigarGuy88 08:26 PM 04-23-2009
Love my oasis
[Reply]
CigarmanTim 04:48 PM 04-24-2009
Originally Posted by K-1:
they are seperated by over three feet???

Sorry Art. You have the nicer version. I have the XL plus. My bad.
[Reply]
BamBam 05:00 PM 04-24-2009
I have the Hydra and really like it. You can manually calibrate the Hydra. So if you have a reliable hygro then you jkust adjust the hydra to match. :-)

Let me know if you have any questions.

Also make sure you have a back up passive humidification device in place (humi beads is what I use) Because when you lose power the hydra ( and I'm assuming the Oasis) will not turn back on by themselves. Art, I think you need to look into some beads as well for the same reason.
[Reply]
marge796 05:02 PM 04-24-2009
I have a cigar oasis XL for free. First BOTL/SOTL to PM me it's yours. It just needs a new cartridge.

I was satisfied when I used it in my large desk top humi.

Chris.......
[Reply]
boonedoggle 05:03 PM 04-24-2009
My Oasis Plus works fine in my big humidor, BUT only if I do not open it on a regular basis. She struggles when I used to open it on a daily basis. I probably wouldn't hurt by getting an additional one.
[Reply]
Up