Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>NHC Seleccion Reserva - Thanks to Waffle !
SteveH 02:19 PM 04-10-2011
Gents,
This review is about a week late; and unfortunately I never got to photograph the progress as I was enjoying this smoke while doing some landscaping. Onto the smoke:

Specifics

Vitola: Cervante Larga
Length: 6.75
Ring Gauge: 42
Wrapper: Nicaragua Broadleaf
Binder: Nicaragua
Filler: Nicaragua
Price: Free thanks to the n00b trade w/Waffle !

Looks - Dark brown, solid construction, and a couple of small veins.
Prelight Aroma - Strong cedar, and maybe a little sweet grass

First Third - Good mouth full of smoke, nearly perfect draw. Strong cedar wood notes, and some spice. The sweetness is gently in the background, just enough to let ya know its in the room. I won't comment on the ash; as I was moving around and planting stuff; so it fell when it wanted to - accelerated by my movements and a gentle breeze. Also, the woman told me that the cigar was pleasantly aromatic - again in a cedar way.

Second Third - The cedar is still there; but fading. The spice is turning into more of a burning sensation...something more akin to hot pepper burn than taste (interesting...). The cigar is turning into darker flavors of leather and dark malts (like a warm Malta). Speaking of sweetness it came out a little more; which was a nice balance to the dark malt.

To the nub - The hot pepper sensation is gone (or I got used to it), and the leather is more of a cocoa. Sweetness is gone, but the stick still has a real refreshing/clean flavor to it.

Wrap-up - I must really thank Steve for supplying me with this stick ! Even though I smoked it in really adverse conditions (putting it down often, dropping it once, little bit of wind, etc), it always stayed lit and supplied plenty of smoke. That really speaks to its construction. I enjoyed it while smoking, and also enjoyed the hint of sweet mellow tobacco it left on my pallet even hours afterwards.
[Reply]
kelmac07 02:24 PM 04-10-2011
Nice review Steve. :-)
[Reply]
cobra03 02:43 PM 04-10-2011
Nice review. i have been interested in trying these.
[Reply]
Bunker 03:19 PM 04-10-2011
Very nice review, this is one Tat I haven't got around to yet. I need to fix that.
[Reply]
HollywoodQue 04:03 PM 04-10-2011
Thanks for the review Steve
[Reply]
SteveH 05:34 PM 04-10-2011
No problem - enjoy.

I just noticed the band reflection in the stick holder...I should polish this up to a mirror shine for the next review; I think I can do some cool stuff with it...
[Reply]
bscottskangum 08:03 PM 04-10-2011
Nice review, thanks!
[Reply]
Up