Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 61 of 96
« First < 1151596061 626371 > Last »
Entertainment>Games thread!
VirtualSmitty 06:31 PM 09-19-2011
Originally Posted by madwilliamflint:
No no, I mean "like a platform game" re: controls and such. Seems very much like a playstation rpg to me.
I can see where your coming from. It's really just a straight up action game though, there are hardly any rpg elements. I'm not sure really how to describe it, it's basically just shooting and melee.
[Reply]
Bill86 08:44 PM 09-19-2011
I have to say I'm enjoying Space Marine so far. Interesting combination of melee and shooting.

Nice amount of semi-realistic violence as well.

Shame nothing is interactive, no environmental damage and you cannot shoot enemies once they die.

Seems like this one isn't a thinking mans game :-)
[Reply]
Kneo 09:36 PM 09-20-2011
Picked up Gears of War 3. Went straight into multiplayer. Like it so far.
[Reply]
VirtualSmitty 06:03 PM 09-21-2011
Originally Posted by Bill86:
I have to say I'm enjoying Space Marine so far. Interesting combination of melee and shooting.

Nice amount of semi-realistic violence as well.

Shame nothing is interactive, no environmental damage and you cannot shoot enemies once they die.

Seems like this one isn't a thinking mans game :-)
Actually as the game progresses and they start to throw harder enemies, different unit types you do have to think a little bit on how best to approach certain situations. Not much mind you, but some :-)
[Reply]
irratebass 06:54 PM 09-21-2011
Originally Posted by Kneo:
Picked up Gears of War 3. Went straight into multiplayer. Like it so far.
Right on! Let me know how the single player campaign is.
[Reply]
Bill86 08:00 PM 09-21-2011
Originally Posted by VirtualSmitty:
Actually as the game progresses and they start to throw harder enemies, different unit types you do have to think a little bit on how best to approach certain situations. Not much mind you, but some :-)
I have noticed this. I almost thought for a whole 20 seconds straight then I just mashed buttons and they all died :-)
[Reply]
Guitarman-S.T- 11:12 PM 09-21-2011
Originally Posted by irratebass:
out of 6 act's i just finished the first and I have to say WOW, For a Campaign Only game this would be well worth 60$.. Oh wait what? it has Multiplayer/Horde/Beast mode??????

Oh.. :-) Its tasty as all hell :-)

Guitarman07 -Game on fella's
[Reply]
Kneo 01:36 PM 09-22-2011
Originally Posted by irratebass:
So far I am liking the single player. Has a good story line.
[Reply]
irratebass 01:38 PM 09-22-2011
Originally Posted by Kneo:
So far I am liking the single player. Has a good story line.
They usually do, thanks Kneo. I'm curious to know how long the story is since this is the end of the trilogy.
[Reply]
Apoco 09:08 AM 09-26-2011
After back-to-back 70+ hour weeks at work I finally got to play some games again yesterday :-)

I bought Fallout: NV's expansion packs during the July 4th steam sales. I started onto the Dead Money expansion....and I've got to say I'm not a fan. There's certain gameplay elements they added in this expansion that really just serve to frustrate the player and limit their mobility. I found myself just getting frustrated with it after a couple of hours :/. Worst part is - you can't exit out of the DLC until you've finished the entire thing. I am now locked into a part of the game that I'm not enjoying and am required to finish it. I just hope that once I advance to the next section they remove some of the absurd limitations (I think I explained my frustration without spoiling anything...)

I picked up Company of Heroes and the expansions for $10. I've got a couple of friends that play all the time - figured this was a good chance to try it out for cheap. At that price if I play it for 3 hours then I consider it a pretty decent deal :-)

I also picked up Civ5 when it was $16 not too long ago. That game EATS time. 4 hours went by in the blink of an eye.

Finally - Alpha Protocol. I've heard really good stuff about it and it is only $2 on steam until the 27th. Gotta make sure to pick it up tonight.

I'm getting increasingly excited for Battlefield 3 - any other PC players that are gonna pick it up?
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
madwilliamflint 10:17 AM 09-26-2011
I loved the Civ games early on but they just got so... micromanagey that I had to stop. I'd be cruising along thinking I was doing well, only to suddenly get wiped out. Every. Single. Time.

Thanks for the tip on Alpha. Just pulled that.

Finished a "Playthrough 2" borderlands run yesterday. By the time I was done I had just been "wanting it to be over" for hours. Wonderful game. But done is done.
[Reply]
Apoco 06:49 AM 09-29-2011
Frozen Synapse Humble Bundle!

http://www.humblebundle.com/

For those of you who aren't familiar with the Humble Bundle - it is a set up where you choose how much to pay for a game. You can split up that money in a few different ways - Developers, the Humble Bundle team, or charities (in this case - Child's Play and Electronic Frontier Foundation).

In addition - if you pay above the average you get a bonus most times. In this case the bonuses are: Trine, Shadowgrounds: Survivor, Shadowgrounds, Jack Claw (cancelled game - you get what they had already created), and Splot (upon its release).

Go pick it up! You know you wanna :-)
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
Apoco 07:01 AM 10-03-2011
I have been playing the HELL out of league of legends lately. Dominion (new game type) has breathed a new life into it. I can finish a game in 20 minutes and there is more to it than "don't die more than the other team"
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
Bill86 02:12 AM 10-05-2011
Anyone look into RAGE yet? Opinions?
[Reply]
deadrise 02:36 AM 10-05-2011
I don't play games too much anymore but i do like to play perfect world it is a mmorpg it is not bad
[Reply]
emopunker2004 03:21 AM 10-05-2011
Anyone look into RAGE yet? Opinions?
I would like to know as well
[Reply]
Bill86 03:24 AM 10-05-2011
I was looking at playing it later this week. If no one knows I'll try it out and let everyone know what I think.
[Reply]
irratebass 03:41 AM 10-05-2011
I was looking at playing it later this week. If no one knows I'll try it out and let everyone know what I think.
Here ya go
http://www.g4tv.com/videos/55574/rage-video-review/
[Reply]
emopunker2004 03:43 AM 10-05-2011
i think i'll get operation flashpoint: red river from the redbox
[Reply]
Apoco 06:26 AM 10-05-2011
Let us know what you think, Bill. I haven't really researched it too much.

I should have Forza 3 in today to hold me over until Tuesday when Forza 4 comes out :-)
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
Page 61 of 96
« First < 1151596061 626371 > Last »
Up