Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 50 of 96
« First < 40484950 515260 > Last »
Entertainment>Games thread!
madwilliamflint 06:08 PM 06-03-2011
Originally Posted by VirtualSmitty:
Crysis 2 would fit the bill for a new game. I actually like the single player more than the multiplayer, but multi isn't bad at all. Maybe try one of the Mount and Blades for something a little different?
Nice to hear Crysis 2 didn't go the 'mostly multiplayer' route.

Steam is having a great deal this weekend: Free multiplayer on CoD:Black Ops through Sunday. I've gotten a couple hours in already. It's pretty intense. Might be enough to make me go for it.
[Reply]
Bill86 11:24 AM 06-04-2011
Anyone interested in Duke Nukem Forever?

I played the demo, 3 times, yesterday.

All I can say is it's definitely up to date and true to form. Duke always has a cigar, beers, sluts, and an ego equivalent to the size of the U.S of A. :-) :-)

This ones going to kick ass....but I think people are expecting too much. It's not supposed to be a "game of the year" or anything of the sort, just old fashioned FPS violence with classic 80's style one liners.

Duke is still the chauvinistic pig we all know and love from way back......It's going to be a heck of a fun game.
[Reply]
madwilliamflint 03:06 PM 06-05-2011
Love it. Where'd you pick up a demo?
[Reply]
VirtualSmitty 03:25 PM 06-05-2011
Originally Posted by Bill86:
Anyone interested in Duke Nukem Forever?

I played the demo, 3 times, yesterday.

All I can say is it's definitely up to date and true to form. Duke always has a cigar, beers, sluts, and an ego equivalent to the size of the U.S of A. :-) :-)

This ones going to kick ass....but I think people are expecting too much. It's not supposed to be a "game of the year" or anything of the sort, just old fashioned FPS violence with classic 80's style one liners.

Duke is still the chauvinistic pig we all know and love from way back......It's going to be a heck of a fun game.
I liked the demo quite a bit. Admittedly a lot of it has to do with the nostalgia factor, but it was pretty entertaining. It plays like an old school title, will be interesting to see how it sells.
[Reply]
Bill86 03:28 PM 06-05-2011
Originally Posted by madwilliamflint:
Love it. Where'd you pick up a demo?
ummmm, it's "around" :-) Shoot me a PM I'll find a way to send it to you. Won't take much.

I'll probably buy the game but I didn't want to preorder because I want it the day it's released. I'll go to walmart at like 12:15am and pick it up.

Originally Posted by VirtualSmitty:
I liked the demo quite a bit. Admittedly a lot of it has to do with the nostalgia factor, but it was pretty entertaining. It plays like an old school title, will be interesting to see how it sells.
Yes, I agree. It's just a fun game, it won't be game of the year but it damn well will entertain.

Did you see the secret area to Dukes Penthouse? Funny posters there of Duke bad@$$ness and more cheesy one liners :-)
[Reply]
VirtualSmitty 01:25 PM 06-06-2011
Originally Posted by Bill86:
Did you see the secret area to Dukes Penthouse? Funny posters there of Duke bad@$$ness and more cheesy one liners :-)
Sure did. I got a kick out of it, really looking forward to his one. Only one more week to go (hopefully :-))
[Reply]
Bill86 01:32 PM 06-06-2011
8 days, yeah the demo was a bit short but it told me all I need to know, I NEED this game.
[Reply]
hammondc 05:09 PM 06-06-2011
Anyone play LA Noire? I was considering picking it up.
[Reply]
Bill86 06:09 PM 06-06-2011
I don't think they released I for PC :-)
[Reply]
yachties23 07:08 PM 06-06-2011
Originally Posted by hammondc:
Yes, and I am very much enjoying it.
[Reply]
KenyanSandBoa 07:18 AM 06-07-2011
Originally Posted by hammondc:
Yup...it's awesome!! :-)

If you're looking for GTA IV style gameplay, you'll be disapointed. They definitley targeted the 40's era crime-drama vibe with this one.
[Reply]
VirtualSmitty 03:49 PM 06-08-2011
Originally Posted by KenyanSandBoa:
Yup...it's awesome!! :-)

If you're looking for GTA IV style gameplay, you'll be disapointed. They definitley targeted the 40's era crime-drama vibe with this one.
Just got it, it's different but i'm digging it so far :-)
[Reply]
Kreth 04:16 PM 06-08-2011
My wife just picked up Wii Fit Plus, and now my Mii is a fat bastage... :-)
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
themachine 04:31 PM 06-08-2011
I really didnt like LA Noire the gameplay was a little to slow for my taste.
[Reply]
Apoco 05:50 PM 06-11-2011
Finally ordered God of War 2 and 3. THey have arrived - starting on GoW2 right now.

Also - I went to an old friend's house last night to roll my D&D character to join in on the campaign they just started. Should be fun :-)
[Reply]
Bill86 08:06 PM 06-12-2011
Playing Duke Nukem Forever.....this game is kind of annoying...not sure why. Even on easy you can get 2-3 shot. Doesn't make much sense.

They also introduced mini puzzles like in half life. Kinda stupid and non-Duke like...so far I'm giving it a 7/10. We'll see if it gets any better.
[Reply]
Bill86 07:27 PM 06-13-2011
Eh game comes out in a few hours, I just finished it not 2 hours ago. It's not bad, not worth the like $60 pricetag though.....I would have liked to see a longer game, more interactive and less CoD like.
[Reply]
Brutus2600 10:56 PM 06-13-2011
Agreed...the problem is this would've been a great follow-up 10 years ago, but 12 years later it really brought the cheese and weak-sauce.
[Reply]
Bill86 10:59 PM 06-13-2011
Well they made it too much like CS. For 1
2. 2 weapons...wtf, and the freeze gun does nothing....
3. Not enough Duke one liners
4. Needs more smoking, beer drinking and sluts
5. More items should have been interactive
6. EASILY better graphics
7. MUCH more single player.
8. Less puzzles
9. Shrunken Duke was overused and annoying.

I could keep going on and on.....overall I'd give it a 7/10. Assuming they deliver on the next one that is.

Basically I wanted straight forth badassery with nonstop beating the crap out of everything....AKA "Duke"
[Reply]
madwilliamflint 07:26 AM 06-14-2011
Yep. Played about 45 minutes of Duke this morning after it unlocked. Some cute stuff there, which I appreciate. I'm sick to death of games with no sense of humor (take that as an implied request for recommendations :-) ).

But it does seem a little... I dunno... too much and not enough. We'll see.

Decided to re-up on EvE after a while. Boy has THAT changed!
[Reply]
Page 50 of 96
« First < 40484950 515260 > Last »
Up