Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Entertainment>Conan or Leno?
icehog3 03:02 PM 01-15-2010
I don't think Leno is funny in the least.
[Reply]
captain53 03:07 PM 01-15-2010
Originally Posted by St. Lou Stu:
They both suck.
Johnny re-runs would probably get higher ratings.
:-)
[Reply]
Blueface 03:10 PM 01-15-2010
Originally Posted by aich75013:
Either way they need to get rid of Late Night with Jimmy Fallon.
Boring show.
:-)
[Reply]
mithrilG60 03:21 PM 01-15-2010
Originally Posted by icehog3:
I don't think Leno is funny in the least.
I don't think either of them are particularly funny, I'm betting that this will be the beginning of the ultimate decline and death of the late night talk show. Honestly they're all pretty boring and repetitive. The format was fine when Johnny Carson was hosting because there wasn't much else to compare it to, now almost 2 decades on since he left and the format hasn't really evolved? Meh.

If I'm going to watch late night TV it'll be something that's actually entertaining and somewhat relevant to current events like The Daily Show and The Cobert Report.
[Reply]
icehog3 03:25 PM 01-15-2010
As long as they promise not to bring Arsenio back. :-)
[Reply]
Blueface 03:31 PM 01-15-2010
Originally Posted by icehog3:
As long as they promise not to bring Arsenio back. :-)
Come on, you really wouldn't want to see this again?:-)
Clicky
Watch until the end if you can.:-)
[Reply]
icehog3 03:38 PM 01-15-2010
Originally Posted by Blueface:
Come on, you really wouldn't want to see this again?:-)
Clicky
Watch until the end if you can.:-)
Woof! Woof! Woof! (with the hand roll....)
[Reply]
The Poet 03:56 PM 01-15-2010
Were I in charge at NBC, I'd try to steal Craig from CBS, and to hell with both Conan and Jay. I never liked Conan's soph-moronic humor, but he has handled this situation with some class. As for Leno - well, late-night TV hasn't seen such a primadonna since Jack Paar.
[Reply]
Neuromancer 04:38 PM 01-15-2010
Yeah, neither...the only really funny late night guy these days is Craig Ferguson...everyone else sucks...
[Reply]
Starscream 06:24 PM 01-15-2010
Originally Posted by mithrilG60:
Honestly they're all pretty boring and repetitive. The format was fine when Johnny Carson was hosting because there wasn't much else to compare it to, now almost 2 decades on since he left and the format hasn't really evolved? Meh.
Not sure if evolving is what late night needs. The nightly news hasn't evolved much and it still gets ratings as well as the local news. Talk shows don't need to evolve to survive. What can it evolve into?
Originally Posted by The Poet:
Were I in charge at NBC, I'd try to steal Craig from CBS.
I could deal with that. Craig is funny!
[Reply]
Starscream 08:24 PM 01-15-2010
I used to like Leno for his somewhat corny comedy and "Headlines", but now I believe that his ego is the reason that Conan is about to be jobless. Someone please prove me wrong, but I'm going to boycott The Tonight Show after Conan's last performance. I am not a Letterman fan at all, but I'd rather watch him than a backstabber (or should I say Chinstabber).
[Reply]
MedicCook 10:13 PM 01-15-2010
Letterman all the way. :-)
[Reply]
Starscream 10:13 AM 01-22-2010
Tonight is the final episode of "The Tonight Show" with Conan O'Brien.:-)
I have a feeling that it's gonna be good.:-)
[Reply]
ucla695 10:26 AM 01-22-2010
I’m not a fan of either of them, but find Leno more tolerable than Coco.

Originally Posted by andysutherland:
Tonight is the final episode of "The Tonight Show" with Conan O'Brien.:-)
I have a feeling that it's gonna be good.:-)
I'm gonna watch. I hope he goes out with a bang! :-)
[Reply]
muhren 10:54 AM 01-22-2010
It sure is set to record on my DVR!
[Reply]
NCRadioMan 11:04 AM 01-22-2010
Fox has already extended and invitation to Coco. If he goes there, he can get back to doing the more edgy stuff he did on Late Night.
[Reply]
Mr B 11:12 AM 01-22-2010
Loved Johnny.

Still Love Conan (worst decision NBC has made)

IMO Letterman totally SUCKS. So does his little cronie Paul.

I think Leno sucks because he has terrible writers (unless he is writing his own stuff, which I doubt). He himself is somewhat funny but his jokes stink.
[Reply]
Starscream 11:14 AM 01-22-2010
Originally Posted by NCRadioMan:
Fox has already extended and invitation to Coco. If he goes there, he can get back to doing the more edgy stuff he did on Late Night.
I hope so. I miss him on "Late Night". "The Tonight Show" is basically the same stuff, but less edgy.
[Reply]
akumushi 11:26 AM 01-22-2010
I side with Conan. He's funny on air, and he's a good writer. (He used to write for the Simpsons.) Leno couldn't write a good joke if you put a gun to his head.
[Reply]
icehog3 12:38 PM 01-22-2010
Originally Posted by akumushi:
I side with Conan. He's funny on air, and he's a good writer. (He used to write for the Simpsons.) Leno couldn't write a good joke if you put a gun to his head.
He can't tell anyone else's jokes and make them funny either. He is incredibly lame.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Up