Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 3 of 3
< 123
All Cigar Discussion>Smoking is bad for you
Cigar_Noob 09:40 PM 10-24-2009
hahaha thats ok...I'm don't have enough money to be buying Cigars in bulk...let alone for the sole purpose of just letting it sit around for a few years :-)
[Reply]
icehog3 10:40 AM 10-25-2009
Originally Posted by Cigar_Noob:
pretty much the terms? don't get addicted
Good luck with that. :-) :-)
[Reply]
fyrftr 10:46 AM 10-25-2009
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Good luck with that. :-) :-)
This!! :-)
[Reply]
TheStatsGuy 12:12 PM 10-27-2009
I have been to Vermont many times. It's a very nice place to visit and is generally in the middle of frickin nowhere, but.......

BEWARE THE SLOPE :-)
[Reply]
kenstogie 01:09 PM 10-27-2009
Originally Posted by TheStatsGuy:
I have been to Vermont many times. It's a very nice place to visit and is generally in the middle of frickin nowhere, but.......

BEWARE THE SLOPE :-)
Ditto.
[Reply]
tmoney2007 01:58 PM 10-27-2009
Originally Posted by Cigar_Noob:
hahaha thats ok...I'm don't have enough money to be buying Cigars in bulk...let alone for the sole purpose of just letting it sit around for a few years :-)
You say that now...

I was a singles smoker until I bought a box... and then another one, and another one,... and another one...
[Reply]
dannyboy 04:46 PM 10-27-2009
I have been in your exact position, with the parents not to fond of my cigar habit (they still aren't, but I live 5,000 miles away and am now 27, so not a big issue). I lived with my parents when I first started smoking and I followed many of the suggestions here: I kept my smoking away from their house. I would smoke at a B&M, and make sure that lots of time went by before I went home, to make sure the smell was dissipated as my mom is very sensitive to smoke smells. I would smoke on camping trips, golfing, or while out and about. My dad does enjoy an occasional cigar, and we would smoke when golfing together, or when he had a lot of time without my mom around.

Once I moved out, I could smoke when and where I wanted. I moved back in with my parents a few years later for a short time and went back to the limited smoking and only doing so away from them, even though at that point they had grown to accept that I smoked cigars. It is awesome that you have your parents' blessing, and that you are respectful enough to follow their rules and not smoke until you got it. My only suggestion would be that, even with their blessing, you should still be respectful if they do not like the smell of smoke and be sure to smoke away from their home.
[Reply]
goalie204 05:08 PM 10-27-2009
Originally Posted by pnoon:
Here is some serious advice - although you may not like it.

My advice is to listen to your parents. I say this because I am guessing that you not only live with them but they clothe and feed you. They obviously care for you and whether or not their concern is justified, you should respect their wishes. Once you have become self-supportive and are on your own, then you will be able to call your own shots.

This is not what you wanted to hear but you did ask for advice.
Regardless if you are self sufficient and independant, your parents will always tell you not to smoke, not to do drugs, etc. They are your parents and want the best for you. Eventually they'll have to learn to accept you for who you are, but you're young and living in their home, so that will take time :-)
[Reply]
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Up