Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
All Cigar Discussion>Padron Family Reseve
mclaus2 02:34 PM 09-30-2009
Originally Posted by Blueface:
Thanks to this thread, called my old acquaintances at Padron.
They cannot keep this cigar in stock since having introduced it at the show.
They are trickling in a couple of boxes here and there and leave the moment they come in.
They come in boxes of 10.
Was told I may get lucky in the next week or two and have one dropped shipped to me.
Will cross my fingers and wait patiently.
I will always cherish my account with them and a member since 1992.
Try contacting the Freeport Trading Company in Freeport Maine, they had a few left on Saturday and I'm sure they would be willing to ship to you (if they have any left).

Note: This is not a shameless plug, It's my preferred cigar shop. No affiliation with my website.
[Reply]
catfish2 09:02 PM 09-30-2009
:-)
[Reply]
Adriftpanda 09:11 PM 09-30-2009
I read a few review on these cigars, these are also called the "hammer." There is a picture of a hammer on the band. These cigars are suppose to be very spicy. I will have to get my hands on a few of these.
[Reply]
Flat4boxer 05:45 AM 10-04-2009
I bought two, tried one. The other will sit in the humidor for a year or longer before it smoke it.

It was alright but for my money, there are other Padron products that I'd buy first.

YMMV :-)
[Reply]
mclaus2 04:20 PM 10-19-2009
I'm smoking this cigar as I write this and it has yet to disappointed. The very first puff I noted some very complex spicy flavors (I love spice in a cigar). I'm not through the 1st quarter yet, so my expectations have just kicked up a notch.

Ah, some of that spice just gave away to a nice warm nutty flavor. I'm finding it a little difficult to put down.

That's it for this post now, I will write another post after I've finished with this cigar.
[Reply]
mclaus2 05:40 PM 10-19-2009
Just finished and I throughly enjoyed this cigar. It burned evenly and consistently and the flavors were very nice. The nutty flavor I mentioned earlier gave away to nice peppery taste with creamy espresso (or mocha) aftertaste.

I found the ash to be a little loose the fall off without warning, so watch out for that.

In summary, I consider this to be an expensive cigar (at $26) but consider it a must try. It certainly a great choice for that special occasion. In the end I rate it 94.

Warning: Shameless Plug:

You can read my full review on my website
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up