Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
All Cigar Discussion>Cello On or Off
Fumador 12:58 PM 12-04-2008
While Cutting?
While Smoking?
If the cello is yellow should I throw the cigars away because they are old?:-)
[Reply]
gettysburgfreak 01:11 PM 12-04-2008
This has been discussed in great detail. Most seem to store their cigars the way they came when they bought them. If I buy one with cello I keep it on.
[Reply]
DrDubzz 01:12 PM 12-04-2008
if it's yellow, send it to me. I have special training in disposing of old yucky cigars
[Reply]
Skywalker 01:16 PM 12-04-2008
Originally Posted by RX2010:
if it's yellow, send it to me. I have special training in disposing of old yucky cigars
:-) Sign me up as well!!!
[Reply]
Fumador 01:20 PM 12-04-2008
Originally Posted by Skywalker:
:-) Sign me up as well!!!
Arrrrrr! Even if it's Pirate's Gold, matey?
[Reply]
Raralith 01:39 PM 12-04-2008
CC aging, cello on. It takes longer to age, but it ages much better
CC with strong amonia you are not aging, cello off so it gets more oxygen for fermentation which speeds up the process but hinders aging

NC's, whatever it came with
[Reply]
JKim 01:42 PM 12-04-2008
I take the cello off before cutting, but then wrap it around the cigar after removing the band so that I have a barrier between fingers and cigar. I don't want to sully my fingers.
[Reply]
auburnfan1980 01:49 PM 12-04-2008
Originally Posted by Fumador:
Arrrrrr! Even if it's Pirate's Gold, matey?
Actually, my neighbor's dog looooves to chew on dog rockets like Pirate's Gold. If you need help doing so, Marley (the dog) would love to help ya out! :-)

Jason
[Reply]
Yazzie 02:42 PM 12-04-2008
I mainly store Boxes in my Cooler and take the Cello off then put them back in their original boxes. I find they adjust better to the 65% Beads and I have less burn issues. :-)
[Reply]
Tio Gato 05:00 PM 12-04-2008
Originally Posted by Fumador:
While Cutting?
While Smoking?
If the cello is yellow should I throw the cigars away because they are old?:-)
Tee Hee, that's a good one!
[Reply]
DrDubzz 05:05 PM 12-04-2008
Originally Posted by Yazzie:
I mainly store Boxes in my Cooler and take the Cello off then put them back in their original boxes. I find they adjust better to the 65% Beads and I have less burn issues. :-)
do you leave cello on the boxes though?
[Reply]
Studebaker 05:14 PM 12-04-2008
I prefer the bass viola to cello.
[Reply]
BC-Axeman 05:20 PM 12-04-2008
I would take the cello off, number it, store it, and put a numbered band on the cigar. Then you need to record the date time, price, and also temperature and humidity of the cigar. Every month you need to update the record. If you notice that the cigar seems to change humidity too rapidly you need to put the cello back on. Also notice if the ammonia smell builds up on cigars with the cello on so that you can remove it. I have noticed that CCs take a lot more attention to get this just right. You might have to check them bi-weekly. Any that have been left in the cello so long that they have turned yellow are suspect and need to be sent to me to be checked out. Hope this helps.
:-)
[Reply]
ucla695 05:27 PM 12-04-2008
I keep them as I bought them, then I take the cello off right after I light the cigar..er..right before.
[Reply]
mikeandshellie2 06:07 PM 12-04-2008
keep them the way i bought them.
[Reply]
Starscream 08:02 PM 12-04-2008
Originally Posted by auburnfan1980:
Actually, my neighbor's dog looooves to chew on dog rockets like Pirate's Gold. If you need help doing so, Marley (the dog) would love to help ya out! :-)

Jason
We want pics!:-)
[Reply]
Bubba - NJ 08:03 PM 12-04-2008
Originally Posted by gettysburgfreak:
This has been discussed in great detail. Most seem to store their cigars the way they came when they bought them. If I buy one with cello I keep it on.
[Reply]
av8tor152d 08:06 PM 12-04-2008
I take the cello off then use it as an ingredient in my evil mixture to take over the world. Works great, Just need 5 million more cellos to make it happen.
[Reply]
rsamos 04:54 AM 12-05-2008
Originally Posted by BC-Axeman:
I would take the cello off, number it, store it, and put a numbered band on the cigar. Then you need to record the date time, price, and also temperature and humidity of the cigar. Every month you need to update the record. If you notice that the cigar seems to change humidity too rapidly you need to put the cello back on. Also notice if the ammonia smell builds up on cigars with the cello on so that you can remove it. I have noticed that CCs take a lot more attention to get this just right. You might have to check them bi-weekly. Any that have been left in the cello so long that they have turned yellow are suspect and need to be sent to me to be checked out. Hope this helps.
[Reply]
Up