Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 170 of 199
« First < 70120160168169170 171172180 > Last »
Wine, Beer, and Spirits>The Bourbon Thread!!
Chainsaw13 05:13 AM 07-16-2023
Opened the 4R yesterday. Damn that’s good stuff. Didn’t even give it time to breathe. This bottle should only get better.

Went over my friends house. Tried the Woodford Double Oak and Russell’s 6 year Rye he has. Well, there’s two more bottles to add to my list.
[Reply]
icehog3 08:37 AM 07-17-2023
I have never tried the WT Rare Breed, often tempted when I see it. Soon....

Cracked one of my older Booker's (Center Cut) last night. Delicious.

[Reply]
stearns 10:44 AM 07-17-2023
Originally Posted by Chainsaw13:
What’s everyone’s thoughts on WT Rarebreed?
I'm a big fan, I didn't like the rye as much but rare breed bourbon has been great for a higher proof blend with some nice aged components. I've been going gobbles for wild turkey in general this year because some of the stuff they're putting out has been amazing, although they're riding the SRP train to the top with lots of $300+ priced releases coming out
[Reply]
jledou 03:44 PM 07-17-2023
Originally Posted by stearns:
I'm a big fan, I didn't like the rye as much but rare breed bourbon has been great for a higher proof blend with some nice aged components. I've been going gobbles for wild turkey in general this year because some of the stuff they're putting out has been amazing, although they're riding the SRP train to the top with lots of $300+ priced releases coming out
Just enjoyed a bottle of Rare Breed last week while on vacation. That and OF 1920 were the most interesting things I found at the couple local stores around where we were staying. If you like 101, rare breed is even better.
[Reply]
Chainsaw13 07:24 PM 07-17-2023
So decided to go hunting in Toledo, Ohio. There’s a website you can look to see what’s in stock at some of the stores. Found one that “showed” it had Booker’s. Tried calling a few times but their line was being worked on. Long story short, they didn’t have any. But I did get some BT bourbon cream, JTS Brown for mixing, Michter SB, Penelope 4 grain barrel strength, Smoke Wagon Small Batch, and a Benchmark SB. Yea, way more than I needed.
[Reply]
icehog3 08:46 AM 07-18-2023
Bob has got the fever! :-) :-)

And I've got the Colonel.

[Reply]
Chainsaw13 09:24 AM 07-18-2023
Yea, I had a feeling I was coming home with something. The Penelope and Smoke Wagon we can’t get her in Michigan. Figured that would be a nice consolation.

Correction on the one bottle, it’s a Michters Small Batch.
[Reply]
icehog3 01:54 PM 07-18-2023
They're both on the shelves all the time near me, Bob. If one really grabs you and you need more down the line, let me know.
[Reply]
stearns 02:04 PM 07-18-2023
Ooo this is a fun game. Bob let me know if you want me to ship in anything from CO too, let's put a little grease on that slope

:-):-):-):-):-)
[Reply]
Chainsaw13 06:00 PM 07-18-2023
Thanks Ben, but my wallet is tapped out after yesterdays haul.

[Reply]
Chainsaw13 06:19 PM 07-18-2023
Ok, this Penelope is really good. The nose makes you think it’s going to be sweet; caramel, maple syrup. You get those flavors initially on the palate, but then it turns spicy. Very much cinnamon, the barrel char. Settles with a nice warmth in the back of the throat.

Oh, this is batch 13. (My lucky number)
[Reply]
icehog3 08:14 AM 07-19-2023
Glad you like the Penelope, Bob. :-)

Had me a little 125 proof 1792 last night. I may or may not have had a couple other high proof pours and didn't take pictures so you wouldn't think I'm a lush. :-) :-)

[Reply]
Chainsaw13 08:16 PM 07-22-2023
Ok, what do you all do if you get a bottle you end up not liking? Trying the MM store pick, the one with the different stave finishes. It’s not my cup of tea. I think they used too many of the French Meridiant (5 of the ten). The nose is really good, like maple syrup. But it doesn’t carry over to the taste.
[Reply]
Brian D. 05:46 AM 07-23-2023
Ok, what do you all do if you get a bottle you end up not liking? Trying the MM store pick, the one with the different stave finishes. It’s not my cup of tea. I think they used too many of the French Meridiant (5 of the ten). The nose is really good, like maple syrup. But it doesn’t carry over to the taste.
Cup of tea? I thought this was The Bourbon Thread? :-)

Reckon you could pour this bottle down the sink. Or, save it for serving to guests you're not overly crazy about. Or, use it for experimenting with cocktail recipes? You aren't one of those folks who think that mixed drinks are beneath consuming, right?
[Reply]
Porch Dweller 06:06 AM 07-23-2023
Stir some into some BBQ sauce.
[Reply]
Chainsaw13 08:52 AM 07-23-2023
I’m not above mixing it into cocktails. Love me a good old fashioned. And the bbq sauce idea sounds good too.

It’s odd. I really like the MM French oaked bottle I have.
[Reply]
Chainsaw13 11:51 AM 07-23-2023
Oh yea, Ben, the one store I went to in Toledo had six of the Woodenville Moscatel on the shelf.
[Reply]
stearns 07:00 AM 07-24-2023
Old Fashioneds, I killed off a whole bottle of Old Tub like that and it made it palatable :-)

Oh yea, Ben, the one store I went to in Toledo had six of the Woodenville Moscatel on the shelf.
Very cool, they must have expanded production. I have friend near the distillery in WA so I usually get stuff from him when the distillery has special releases, he did one last week where you could fill bottles from a special barrel and buy to take home which he said was awesome but I'm drastically cutting down on buying so I had to pass
[Reply]
icehog3 08:25 AM 07-24-2023
I've only actually drain poured a couple of bottles. I've given open bottles away, or a couple still sit there looking for a guest to point them out.

Lots of choices this weekend....I even liked a finished one! :-)

and killed off one of Mike's bottles......

[Reply]
Chainsaw13 11:03 AM 07-27-2023
Was out running errands so I stopped by a few stores to see if there’s anything new worth picking up. Was also looking for RD One Amburana finished bourbon. Saw a review about it that looks like it’d be up my alley. Seems other people saw the same video, as the shelves were empty.

The one bigger store by me had a few of the Orphan Barrel bottles. $300. Umm, yea, no.
[Reply]
Page 170 of 199
« First < 70120160168169170 171172180 > Last »
Up