Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Wine, Beer, and Spirits>Session Beers: Give me your reccs
Lumpold 09:26 AM 10-28-2010
Vic, I totally forgot... if you can find Timothy Taylor's Landlord, I think you'll dig that, 4.1%ABV Strong Pale Ale... see if you can get some!
[Reply]
ChicagoWhiteSox 07:39 PM 02-22-2011
I was about to make a new thread, so bump to this one.

Anyone else have any good session beer recommendations?
[Reply]
MikeyC 07:56 PM 02-22-2011
I'm a little surprised to see people listing stouts and high acohol beers in this thread. Seems contradictory to what a session beer is defined as but I guess one man's high alcohol is another man's everyday beverage.

Back on topic . . . I really like Sam Adams Noble Pils. Really light in body, but not light on flavor. Nice and hoppy from them brewing it with 5 different types of european hops. If you drink a lot of american craft beer that uses american hops, drinking something with european hops can be a nice change of pace. ABV is 4.9% so not terribly high. A few reviews I've read on this beer have called it one of the best pilsners in the world.
[Reply]
ChicagoWhiteSox 08:06 PM 02-22-2011
Originally Posted by MikeyC:
I'm a little surprised to see people listing stouts and high acohol beers in this thread. Seems contradictory to what a session beer is defined as but I guess one man's high alcohol is another man's everyday beverage.

Back on topic . . . I really like Sam Adams Noble Pils. Really light in body, but not light on flavor. Nice and hoppy from them brewing it with 5 different types of european hops. If you drink a lot of american craft beer that uses american hops, drinking something with european hops can be a nice change of pace. ABV is 4.9% so not terribly high. A few reviews I've read on this beer have called it one of the best pilsners in the world.
Noble Pils is a pretty good SA offering.
[Reply]
BeerAdvocate 08:07 AM 02-23-2011
Goose Island Honkers Ale
[Reply]
Frodo 04:22 AM 03-18-2011
Guinnes?
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 05:38 AM 03-18-2011
Originally Posted by MikeyC:
Guinness is hardly strong and about is close to session beer as us yanks will find easily. My favorite regular tap beer by a long shot.
[Reply]
smitdavi 06:16 AM 03-18-2011
I've got some Magic Hat 9 (5.1% ABV) on tap in the garage. Pretty smooth drinking beer.
[Reply]
Lumpold 06:44 AM 03-18-2011
Originally Posted by mosesbotbol:
Guinness is hardly strong and about is close to session beer as us yanks will find easily. My favorite regular tap beer by a long shot.
Guinness might not be high ABV, but it certainly is heavy, and wouldn't sit well over a session, IMO, where you would be drinking many pints.
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 07:01 AM 03-18-2011
Originally Posted by Lumpold:
Guinness might not be high ABV, but it certainly is heavy, and wouldn't sit well over a session, IMO, where you would be drinking many pints.
On our side of the pond, it's not heavy at all.
[Reply]
Lumpold 07:21 AM 03-18-2011
Fair enough, not tried it in the US, so I'll take your word.
[Reply]
BeerAdvocate 10:43 AM 03-18-2011
Lagunitas Pale Ale is my new current session beer
[Reply]
Resipsa 12:41 PM 03-18-2011
Originally Posted by BeerAdvocate:
Lagunitas Pale Ale is my new current session beer
I've give it a shot, I luvs me some of the other Lagunitas. Hairy Eye Ball, Brown Shugga, Gnarleywine, umummumum.!

One of the most reasonably priced, tasty making breweries going right now.
[Reply]
Blindjimme 12:54 PM 03-18-2011
Deschutes Mirror Pond. 5%, crisp and tasty, nice blend of malt and hops. A go to for me on a long afternoon or a few ( more than a couple? ) after work. :-)
[Reply]
MikeyC 09:15 PM 03-18-2011
Originally Posted by mosesbotbol:
Guinness is definitely not a strong beer, but all that nitrogen they use to push it through the tap lines really fills me up.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up