Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
General Discussion>A Grilled Cheese Restaurant.
shilala 12:57 PM 06-16-2010
This place is just plain sick. It's called Melt Bar and Grilled. It's in Cleveland. Lisa and I are going this weekend, she says she isn't going to be happy till she does.
Here's a Youtube.
Here's the menu.
I can't wait. Looks like I'm stuck on the Parmageddon. It's from growing up with all these Polanders, I can't help it. I'm Lituanian and if it ain't polack or scow, I mostly don't eat it. :-)
[Reply]
G G 12:59 PM 06-16-2010
wow
[Reply]
macsauce13 01:13 PM 06-16-2010
Looks like about three days worth of fat. :-)

Can I come? :-)
[Reply]
The Poet 01:14 PM 06-16-2010
I'm feeling a bit peckish, esurient, hungry-like. Do they have any cheese at all, or has the cat eaten it?
[Reply]
OLS 01:19 PM 06-16-2010
I am afraid there is too much menu. I think they are going to have problems with food
quality and consistency with so many items, given the pool of talent available to your average
new restaurant. The legions of mouth-breathers working in restaurants today think it is
good enough just to show up for work. To memorize such a long list of sandwich prep is
more than the facebook crowd can handle. Now they can rattle off a list of all their facebook
friends though. :-)
[Reply]
CigarNut 01:45 PM 06-16-2010
After watching the YouTube video it seems like the guy has the whole thing pretty nailed down.

I'm glad I don't live anywhere near this place as it would probably kill me...
[Reply]
DMK 02:40 PM 06-16-2010
It looks like they have a decent selection of beers...
The rest looks like a heart attack on a plate.
[Reply]
shilala 02:43 PM 06-16-2010
Originally Posted by OLS:
I am afraid there is too much menu. I think they are going to have problems with food
quality and consistency with so many items, given the pool of talent available to your average
new restaurant. The legions of mouth-breathers working in restaurants today think it is
good enough just to show up for work. To memorize such a long list of sandwich prep is
more than the facebook crowd can handle. Now they can rattle off a list of all their facebook
friends though. :-)
If there's one thing I've noticed, it's how good the food service folks are in and around Cleveland. It's cause there's tons of college and academy kids. There's a good pool of brains.
Our Food Service Olympics Gold Medalist from here in Backwater couldn't work at the McDonald's there, it's too demanding.
[Reply]
neoflex 02:44 PM 06-16-2010
Mmmm, Brooklyn Pumpkin Ale.
[Reply]
kaisersozei 03:23 PM 06-16-2010
I saw this exact place on a recent episode of "Diners, Drive-ins and Dives," and told my wife that the next time we're visiting relatives, we're going. The owner/chef uses only the best ingredients and makes just about everything from scratch. Very creative. I would give it :-) :-) from what I saw on the show.
[Reply]
Blindjimme 03:36 PM 06-16-2010
I'd have to go Roasted Veggie. I'm watching my waist.....expand. :-)
[Reply]
shilala 07:36 PM 06-16-2010
I think we settled on the Municipal Stadium Magic, the Hot Italian, the Parmageddon, the Purple Parma, the Spinach Pie and the Mushroom Melt.
I hope it's not all in one trip. :-)
[Reply]
RevSmoke 11:02 PM 06-16-2010
Before I visited the site, I thought..... That should be in Wisconsin, home of CHEESE.

Then I visited the site... None of the tightwads here would spend that kind of $$ on a grilled cheese sandwich.

We do lots of grilled cheese sandwiches at our house - cost is about $0.65 0 $2.00 a sandwich, depending on what we put in it.

Had a walleye grilled with some 10yr old cheddar the other day. Cost? $2.85. Caught the walleye, batter was cheap, cheddar was more.
[Reply]
Goldie 11:54 PM 06-16-2010
Melt is an awesome place to eat. My favorite is the Big Popper sans the berry preserve.

I've only been there twice, but would gladly go back any time I am in Cleveland.
[Reply]
Neuromancer 03:00 AM 06-17-2010
Originally Posted by shilala:
This place is just plain sick. It's called Melt Bar and Grilled. It's in Cleveland. Lisa and I are going this weekend, she says she isn't going to be happy till she does.
Here's a Youtube.
Here's the menu.
I can't wait. Looks like I'm stuck on the Parmageddon. It's from growing up with all these Polanders, I can't help it. I'm Lituanian and if it ain't polack or scow, I mostly don't eat it. :-)
OMG...Image...the location on Cedar Road is only a few minutes away from where I grew up...too bad it wasn't there then...and I'm supposed to be trying to loose weight and you guys show me stuff like this...:-)
[Reply]
shilala 07:25 AM 06-18-2010
Originally Posted by RevSmoke:
Before I visited the site, I thought..... That should be in Wisconsin, home of CHEESE.

Then I visited the site... None of the tightwads here would spend that kind of $$ on a grilled cheese sandwich.

We do lots of grilled cheese sandwiches at our house - cost is about $0.65 0 $2.00 a sandwich, depending on what we put in it.

Had a walleye grilled with some 10yr old cheddar the other day. Cost? $2.85. Caught the walleye, batter was cheap, cheddar was more.
How much did it cost in gas, boat, cigars, and drinks to catch that fish? :-)
Just jerkin your chain, brother. :-)
Really, so far as eating out goes, $5.50 for The Kindergarten is dirt cheap.
They use two ounces of cheese on a sammich. It costs a buck for a slice of cheese at most places.
They serve the sandwich with fresh cut fries and sweet slaw, too.
You can't even eat fast food that cheap. (Unless you're strictly dollar menu like me.)
[Reply]
Tripp 07:31 AM 06-18-2010
Originally Posted by CigarNut:
After watching the YouTube video it seems like the guy has the whole thing pretty nailed down.

I'm glad I don't live anywhere near this place as it would probably kill me...
Yeah, but we have the Grilled Cheese Grill on 11th and Alberta! I'm not sure that Melt has a school bus dining room.
[Reply]
HK3- 07:51 AM 06-18-2010
The menu looks great! Wish the place was closer. :-)
[Reply]
shilala 07:57 AM 06-18-2010
I just realized we're going there tonight after the ballgame.
Oh, man, I can't wait. :-)
[Reply]
RevSmoke 11:23 PM 06-18-2010
Originally Posted by shilala:
How much did it cost in gas, boat, cigars, and drinks to catch that fish? :-)
Just jerkin your chain, brother. :-)
Really, so far as eating out goes, $5.50 for The Kindergarten is dirt cheap.
They use two ounces of cheese on a sammich. It costs a buck for a slice of cheese at most places.
They serve the sandwich with fresh cut fries and sweet slaw, too.
You can't even eat fast food that cheap. (Unless you're strictly dollar menu like me.)
Actually, drove over to the river, waded, caught a couple dozen, kept 5 about 15-18 inches on a couple occasions this spring. Gas, maybe a gallon for 3 trips there. Cigars, I was smoking my pipe - or nothing.

Of course, now that the walleye run is over, when the freezer stock is gone I'll have to venture out by boat.

So, how was the meal?

Peace of the Lord be with you.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up