Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 81 of 138
« First < 3171798081 828391131 > Last »
All Cigar Discussion>Beginner Questions (Ask Them Here!)
kingcobradude 06:21 PM 11-20-2011
i see. so I should worry more about RH after freezing them?
[Reply]
T.G 06:26 PM 11-20-2011
Originally Posted by kingcobradude:
but wont 80 degrees plus destroy them?
Not as far as the tobacco is concerned. It get's much warmer than that in the countries were most of the cigars are rolled and cigars are left out in drawers, on counters in rooms lacking air conditioning all the time.

Just maintain correct humidity and the cigars will be fine.

If you have any viable beetle eggs in there, then prolonged temperatures of 80F + are begging from problems.
[Reply]
Bill86 06:27 PM 11-20-2011
There are A LOT of stickies on this forum that can go into much further detail than I can. I would really read those. Great stuff posted by people far more knowledgeable than I.

Ideally it would be good to keep both the RH and Temp between 60-65 at all times. Just for the sake of a long discussion and debatable facts or opinions. But if you do that you won't have any problems at that temperature and RH.

Later down the road you can adjust the RH to something preferred to you specifically. (Some people like 68/68, some 62/62 ETC. ETC) 65/65 is just a comfortable medium.

But again lots of stickies in this area of the forum and the accessories and humidor area will have the stickies about this sort of stuff.
[Reply]
bobarian 06:39 PM 11-20-2011
Originally Posted by T.G:
Not as far as the tobacco is concerned. It get's much warmer than that in the countries were most of the cigars are rolled and cigars are left out in drawers, on counters in rooms lacking air conditioning all the time.

Just maintain correct humidity and the cigars will be fine.

If you have any viable beetle eggs in there, then prolonged temperatures of 80F + are begging from problems.
Originally Posted by Bill86:
There are A LOT of stickies on this forum that can go into much further detail than I can. I would really read those. Great stuff posted by people far more knowledgeable than I.

Ideally it would be good to keep both the RH and Temp between 60-65 at all times. Just for the sake of a long discussion and debatable facts or opinions. But if you do that you won't have any problems at that temperature and RH.

Later down the road you can adjust the RH to something preferred to you specifically. (Some people like 68/68, some 62/62 ETC. ETC) 65/65 is just a comfortable medium.

But again lots of stickies in this area of the forum and the accessories and humidor area will have the stickies about this sort of stuff.
QFT. Reading is fundamental. :-)
[Reply]
pnoon 06:44 PM 11-20-2011
no ice chest as in like 40. and I want something that wont set me back a whole lot
40 degrees indoors? I don't buy it.
[Reply]
Bill86 06:50 PM 11-20-2011
Originally Posted by pnoon:
I wanted to say the same but I left that out.
[Reply]
kingcobradude 07:09 PM 11-20-2011
Originally Posted by pnoon:
A while back ago it was. now whoever has control of the heater turned it on and it stays acceptably warm. a bit drafty though.
[Reply]
kingcobradude 09:01 PM 11-20-2011
also, what would be a good 5 dollar cutter for large ring guage cigars?
[Reply]
ApexAZ 09:19 PM 11-20-2011
I'm still learning too, but I have a $2 cutter that I absolutely hate. It gets the job done, more or less, but it never cuts cleanly. I often tear the wrapper with it. I nabbed a silver Palio from cigarbid for $28. Can't wait to toss this plastic piece of crap in the garbage.

I haven't had a lot of experience with a wide swath of cutters to give you better input. Maybe someone else had a good experience with a cheaper cutter who can help you. My 2 cents is that you generally get what you pay for, so why tear up your $8 cigar with a $5 cutter?
[Reply]
kingcobradude 09:21 PM 11-20-2011
I use a 2 dollar cutter that hasnt failed me yet, but it doesnt cut large ring guages like the nub
[Reply]
Bill86 09:35 PM 11-20-2011
I would ask, how much of the cap are you taking off? The whole thing? You only need to shave the top of the cap off, you leave the "shoulders". So it is still rounded with just enough off the top to smoke out of.

If you're looking to lop the whole thing off you might look into a Xikar X8, they come up on Cigarmonster.com for like $15-$20 from time to time. Also they have a lifetime warranty which is good.
[Reply]
kingcobradude 09:40 PM 11-20-2011
not much. but it didntt cut any of the nub I smoked
[Reply]
MurphysLaw 09:40 PM 11-20-2011
also, what would be a good 5 dollar cutter for large ring guage cigars?
You can probably find a punch that will get the job done for under 5 bucks
[Reply]
irratebass 04:25 AM 11-21-2011
This is the only cutter you will need....ever
http://www.cubancrafters.com/products.php/item_id/78
As you can see it has a stopper in the back so you cannot make a bad cut ever, this is the metal one for $15 or you can go plastic for $10
http://www.cubancrafters.com/products.php/item_id/5291
This is the one I have, and look it's only $6!!!!!
both of these have a lifetime warranty, so if anything goes wrong, just send it back and they will replace it.
[Reply]
ApexAZ 09:23 AM 11-21-2011
I use a 2 dollar cutter that hasnt failed me yet, but it doesnt cut large ring guages like the nub
You are welcome to have mine if you want to pay for the shipping.
[Reply]
Diths0er 05:35 PM 11-25-2011
What is meant when it is said that you feel a cigar in the belly?
[Reply]
bobarian 06:18 PM 11-25-2011
Originally Posted by Diths0er:
What is meant when it is said that you feel a cigar in the belly?
I've never heard that expression. But it could refer to the nausea caused by mild nicotine poisoning. :-)
[Reply]
Diths0er 06:23 PM 11-25-2011
I hear it sometimes in various reviews, such as, this cigar was strong, but you felt it more in your belly than in your head. Or, it's like an old Cuban cigar, you start to feel it in your belly after a few inches.
[Reply]
Drez 06:25 PM 11-25-2011
ive also never heard this . maybe you can link the review?

i agree with bob in that it might refer to the strength of the "nic kick".
[Reply]
pnoon 06:26 PM 11-25-2011
Originally Posted by Diths0er:
I hear it sometimes in various reviews, such as, this cigar was strong, but you felt it more in your belly than in your head. Or, it's like an old Cuban cigar, you start to feel it in your belly after a few inches.
I would love to see those reviews. Can you provide a link or two? Especially the latter statement.
[Reply]
Page 81 of 138
« First < 3171798081 828391131 > Last »
Up