Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
All Cigar Discussion>Sense of smell
bruceolee 02:56 PM 03-12-2022
I'm learning how much your sense of smell plays into how well you taste. I started smoking a perdomo 10th anniversary champagne super toro and I couldn't taste a thing. I decided i was too congested and a couple spritzes of Flonase later and BAM! Flavortown! It makes me feel bad for those who's sense of smell was effected or lost during COVID. So, the lesson here I guess is always have a bottle of flonase around. That stuff works great! God bless you all!
[Reply]
Porch Dweller 03:45 PM 03-12-2022
Back in early 2013 the flu mostly knocked out my sense of smell and taste for about six weeks. Among my hobbies are brewing beer, sipping whiskey, cigars, and cooking. That six weeks really sucked.
[Reply]
RevSmoke 06:08 PM 03-12-2022
Originally Posted by bruceolee:
I'm learning how much your sense of smell plays into how well you taste.
Hmm, I have smelled myself on a few occasions, usually it was not a nice thing - and certainly, when I smelled myself, I was never moved to see how I tasted.
:-)

Peace of the Lord be with you.
[Reply]
icehog3 09:21 AM 03-13-2022
I have heard from a cigar friend that he was told that long term use of Flonase can lower testosterone levels significantly. I haven't researched it myself as I rarely use it, but something to consider perhaps.
[Reply]
bruceolee 09:41 AM 03-13-2022
Fortunately I only use it very occasionally. I prefer it over afrin and the rebound you suffer with that
[Reply]
NCRadioMan 12:29 PM 03-13-2022
Oh yes. Most taste comes from the olfactory system, not taste buds. That's why retro-haling is a must to get full enjoyment from the cigar.
[Reply]
Up