Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
All Cigar Discussion>The good old days
bruceolee 02:00 PM 02-23-2022
Do you remember the good old days when all you ever thought you'd need was a HUGE 25-50ct humidor? Then somebody mentioned the R-word in a cuban cigar topic at CS and off to the races you went! I remember those days scrambling to get humidors off of eBay (not a good idea) and hoping i could season them before my shipments arrived. Looking at ST Dupont lighters in a display like a child at an old storefront during Christmas looking at all the newest toys. it's the only hobby akin to adolescence especially when every other day is almost Christmas with the new packages arriving.:-)

In all seriousness Getting back into cigars has been a true blessing to me and not just for the collecting aspect which is fun. It's also the easing of the mind and spirit it brings. It helps with my pain and other areas as well. God has truly blessed me in this and I am just so grateful. Tomorrow is my birthday (44) and a year ago i felt like an old man but thanks to God blessing me with good doctors and good friends here I don't feel so old anymore. Thank you all for being so nice to me and welcoming me back. I pray this next year will be a banner year for us all. God bless you all!
[Reply]
68TriShield 02:57 PM 02-23-2022
:-)
[Reply]
Havanaaddict 04:22 PM 02-23-2022
First off "HAPPY EARLY BIRTHDAY" I hope you enjoy your special day!!!

The old days :-)
I used to think I would never order a full box of cigars:-)
I used to think I will never outgrow this 25 count humi:-)
I used to think I will never outgrow this 50 count humi:-)
I used to think I will never outgrow this 100 count humi:-)
I used to think I will never outgrow this 7 foot tall by 3 foot wide 2 foot deep:-)
I used to think I will just need this 48qt cooler for overflow:-)
I used to think I will just need this 120qt cooler for overflow:-)
[Reply]
bruceolee 06:18 PM 02-23-2022
Originally Posted by Havanaaddict:
First off "HAPPY EARLY BIRTHDAY" I hope you enjoy your special day!!!

The old days :-)
I used to think I would never order a full box of cigars:-)
I used to think I will never outgrow this 25 count humi:-)
I used to think I will never outgrow this 50 count humi:-)
I used to think I will never outgrow this 100 count humi:-)
I used to think I will never outgrow this 7 foot tall by 3 foot wide 2 foot deep:-)
I used to think I will just need this 48qt cooler for overflow:-)
I used to think I will just need this 120qt cooler for overflow:-)
Yeah I'm in weathertight bin overflow mode ATM. I'm gonna get a cabinet this year and finally consolidate my humidors and reclaim a lot of space but i'm sure i'll be in overflow mode eventually. For just ONE DAY i want all my cigars in one cabinet just one day!
[Reply]
Havanaaddict 07:13 PM 02-23-2022
My dream is a small walk-in where I can see all my pretties in all there glory :-)
[Reply]
hammondc 07:55 AM 02-24-2022
What is the R word?
[Reply]
bruceolee 08:08 AM 02-24-2022
Originally Posted by hammondc:
What is the R word?
If i said it I'd have to kill you. That, OR, it's the first initial of a mans name who may or may not be a legend selling cuban cigars on the internet. I've seen his name here before but i don't want to risk getting into any trouble by revealing too much. God bless you!
[Reply]
hammondc 08:30 AM 02-24-2022
Originally Posted by bruceolee:
If i said it I'd have to kill you. That, OR, it's the first initial of a mans name who may or may not be a legend selling cuban cigars on the internet. I've seen his name here before but i don't want to risk getting into any trouble by revealing too much. God bless you!
Got it! I had a teacher in college with that same first name.
[Reply]
Up