Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
All Cigar Discussion>Health and cigars
bruceolee 01:54 PM 02-16-2022
My journey back to cigars was a tough one. Prior to smoking cigars once again i was up all night every 3rd night or so with bile reflux. It often left me crippled and exhausted and honestly there were days that i just completely lost being sick in bed. I did everything to stop it including not drinking carbonated beverages, not eating after 5pm every night, eating a rather bland diet and so on. My doctors were stumped and even recommending medications that are not legal in the US anymore. After a lot of trial and error we found a combo and prescription medications along with some OTC help that i was able to sleep with confidence once again. My faith was strong but certainly it was being tested. In october i finally felt good enough to dare to smoke a cigar so i picked a RyJ Coronitas en Cedro and fell in love once again. I only smoked one and spent that evening worrying that i may have screwed it all up but eventually the sun came up without incident. I smoked another and waited again and after each passing day found myself testing my limits and i'm now at the point where i feel great smoking 3-5 cigars in a day without worrying too much. I still get the odd episode but i look at that as God keeping me humble about this because just when i think i have it beat a sucker punch brings me back down to earth. I've come a long way since October but I can't take credit for it because my Faith in God has been what has carried me through it. I'm sitting here on a beautiful south Florida day smoking my 4th cigar and i'm just so grateful to be where I am. I think it's important to count your blessings and to know where all blessings come from. Thank you for reading my little story and I hope it helps you find some perspective as well. When i was hospitalized in Miami many years ago in the ICU there was a lady across from me who'd undergone a liver transplant. I was bleeding internally badly so i wasn't in the best shape either. She was having a rougher time than me and he husband would come over to talk to me every night. I say this because there's always someone out there who has it a lot worse than you and that's an important lesson i learned then. God bless you all and thank you for being my friends!:-)
[Reply]
icehog3 08:13 AM 02-17-2022
God Bless you too Brother.
[Reply]
Havanaaddict 11:11 AM 02-17-2022
Thanks for sharing, as people of faith we tend to not share as we just want to fit in.
[Reply]
Tio Gato 07:23 AM 02-18-2022
You are so right Jason. Every single time I feel the "woe is me" God shows me someone who has it so much worse off. It's humbling and brings me back to the reality that I am blessed indeed.

And I smile looking up to Him and think "You rascal, thanks!":-)
[Reply]
Up