Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 14 of 22
« First < 4121314 1516 > Last »
Sports>NHL '14 - '15 Season Thread
nutcracker 04:42 AM 04-08-2015
Two games to go. Fantastic when they still mean something. This town has been hungry for a post season ( in anything). Pav just has to keep his leak plugged! He played really well the last two nights.
Partagaspete 01:28 PM 04-08-2015
Originally Posted by Partagaspete:
You want to see a team backing into the playoffs? I present to you The New York Islanders. Confident that will make it but it is very likely they could wind up as a wild card. This after leading the Metro for 2/3 of the season. SMH
2 weeks ago I posted this and I was still confident the Isles would finish in 2nd in the Metro now I am not even sure they will make the post season. They only need 1 point to clinch but as seen last night with 3 seconds left in a tie game Mcdonald screws up and Halak finish the F up of events to lose in regulation. WTF!

This is bad coaching unable to adjust. during the ASB teams figured out how to play us and Capuana has yet to adjust...nevermind in game adjustments. I think this team was doing well earlier on inspite of the terrible coaching staff. I pray to the O'Might Bossy that this is corrected before next season...can I get a Babcock? I heard he might come available.

End Rant!
357 01:28 PM 04-08-2015
I'm not used to this clawing your way into the playoffs stuff. It really tests your nerves.
nutcracker 06:31 AM 04-09-2015
Entire town is holding it's breath....

One more win chaps..... (or one more loss for the Kings)

The Jets have had some trouble with Colorado this season, so it's no gimme tonight, and Calgary will be hopping in the last game....

Even so, my group is confidently holding our draw for playoff seats (I share a couple of season tickets with a friend), and folk are out buying white clothes for a good old Winnipeg white-out!
icehog3 08:30 AM 04-09-2015
If they make it past the first round and play Chicago, save a ticket for me. :-) :-)
nutcracker 08:33 AM 04-09-2015
Originally Posted by icehog3:
If they make it past the first round and play Chicago, save a ticket for me. :-) :-)
Oh - you will love a game at MTS - the place is wild.
You're on btw. If they match up with Chicago I'll find you a ticket.
I even have a small Air B&B you can stay in....... walking distance from the arena.
icehog3 08:41 AM 04-09-2015
Nice, Neil....my reward for rooting for the Jets for 79 of their 82 games? :-)
nutcracker 01:36 PM 04-09-2015
Bracket as of today:

http://www.nhlplayoffsbracket.com/2015/index.php

Need a dog named "Jet":

icehog3 02:09 PM 04-09-2015
That whole thing could look completely different by Saturday night, Neil, so many close races and scenarios.
nutcracker 09:37 PM 04-09-2015
Thank you Calgary! Kings die a miserable death and Jets make it despite shootout loss.

Yeah baby!!!!
E.J. 09:50 PM 04-09-2015
Nice win for the Avs.... Berra actually made a few saves. Too bad the Avs dug themselves such a big hole early.

Meh, lot of good young talent, look forward to next year!
icehog3 12:17 AM 04-10-2015
Jets in, Flames in, Kings out. A good night, even with another 1 goal loss for the Hawks.

Hawks will start the playoffs in Nashville, I think they're beatable, and hopefully we'll have Kane back by Round 2.

Wild have had the Blues number this season, I hope they get the Blues, but they might get the Ducks. Both the Blues and Ducks have somewhat questionable goaltending, I think the Wild have a good chance versus either of them.

I think the Blues would pound the Flames, but I can still hope the Blues get yet another first round exit. :-)
icehog3 12:19 AM 04-10-2015
Good possibility the Bruins could get eliminated too, which would mean only the Hawks would remain out of the llast 5 SC Champs. If the Penguins get bounced the next 2 days, make that possibly the last 6.
nutcracker 04:52 AM 04-10-2015
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Good possibility the Bruins could get eliminated too, which would mean only the Hawks would remain out of the llast 5 SC Champs. If the Penguins get bounced the next 2 days, make that possibly the last 6.
Blame Rask

:-)

Sorry Adam
yourchoice 10:45 AM 04-11-2015
just a public service announcement.... If you have Comcast/Xfinity, the NHL game package is free for the first week of the MLB season, so all of the games should be on today even if it's out of market. At least I assume that it's throughout the country.
icehog3 03:17 PM 04-11-2015
DirecTV ****ed its hockey customers today, several games not available. Bruins game, Ottawa game, NYI game among others. I talked to customer service and they claimed that those games are Canadien feeds and not always carried.

First off, 98& of Canadien feeds were carried until today.

Second of all, how the flying **** are NYI-Columbus and Bruins-Lightning "Canadien feeds"??? ***ing douche bags......
nutcracker 09:02 PM 04-11-2015
Game Centre. $14 CAD a month on Apple TV. Unblock-us $6 per month. All the games covered right there.
E.J. 09:26 PM 04-11-2015
Nice finish for the Avs... Here's to starting strong next year!
icehog3 10:32 PM 04-11-2015
Don't have Apple TV, Neil. :-)

No Crawford, Toews, Keith, Richards and Kane for the Hawks. I think they might have been looking ahead to Nashville, E.J. :-)
icehog3 10:36 PM 04-11-2015
Matchups set......lots of good stuff.

Yzerman Vs. the Red Wings. This time it's personal.

Vancouver Vs. Calgary for Western Canada supremecy.

Monteal Vs. Ottawa for Central Canada supremecy.

Blues Vs. Wild for the Wild to shove it up the Blews asses. :-)

Kings Vs Sharks......on the California golf courses. :-)
Page 14 of 22
« First < 4121314 1516 > Last »
Up