Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
General Discussion>New phone suggestions
pektel 11:02 AM 09-22-2010
So the microphone on my phone is pretty much shot. And it will randomly shut off for no reason. So it's time for a new one. Gonna go get one on Monday I believe. I have my service through AT&T. What do you guys recommend? I can get an iphone 3gs for $99. iphone4 for $199. Droid maybe? Blackberry? No idea what to do. I go on the internet - a lot. Text message quite a bit too.
[Reply]
Samsquanch 11:06 AM 09-22-2010
Stay away from Blackberry. I personally have the iPhone 4 and love it, completely worth the extra $100 over the 3g. I have some friends who have Droid phones and love them as well. But please, do not buy a Blackberry.
[Reply]
LasciviousXXX 11:08 AM 09-22-2010
Any of those will serve you well, except for the Blackberry which IMO is fast becoming an antiquated device. I love my iPhone 4 but have seen some awesome stuff come out of the Samsung and HTC camps (Galaxy, Desire HD, etc)
[Reply]
GTsetGO 11:15 AM 09-22-2010
android OS is phenomenal. i would go with a phone that runs it.
[Reply]
VirtualSmitty 11:16 AM 09-22-2010
Samsung has a new phone called the captivate that looks really good. I don't think ATT has the Droid series yet, but I do think the X and HTC are pretty cool devices. I have an iphone4 now and am not at all happy with it, i'd stay away until the next iteration comes next year. Blackberry has been behind the curve, but they do have a new phone called the Torch that i've seen advertised pretty heavily. Haven't actually seen one in the wild yet but might be worth looking at.
[Reply]
Eleven 11:51 AM 09-22-2010
I have seen the Torch, its ok. Screen isn't as big as the Storm, and it has a standard pop out BB keyboard under it.

I have had BB's for a few years and liked them, but I think they are being left behind in cutting edge technology. BB's are great for your average everyday business dude, but for the eye popping cool stuff, they lag behind.

I am going with a Droid X in the next couple of days, but they keep pushing the ship date back at Verizon. After playing with one, and hearing all the good things about it, I cannot wait to actually get my hands on it and dominate the world!
[Reply]
neoflex 11:55 AM 09-22-2010
I am hoping to to retire my BB Tour for a Driod X soon. Everyone I know that is using one will not shut the hell up about it. Literally.
[Reply]
T.G 11:57 AM 09-22-2010
I don't know what phone this is, but it has your name written all over it...

[Reply]
pektel 12:41 PM 09-22-2010
lol nice find! Just one problem with it. as far as willy wonka, gene wilder > johnny depp.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
hova45 01:43 PM 09-22-2010
Iphone4
[Reply]
shilala 01:49 PM 09-22-2010
Lisa and I both love our iphones. If you can get the 4 for $199, I'd sure recommend it. I think you'd be thrilled, to say the least. :-)
[Reply]
kazzaca 01:49 PM 09-22-2010
If you mainly use your phone for apps and media then I would say go with the iPhone, Samsung Captivate or the Droid X. If your primary use is for email and you like a physical keyboard then Blackberry is a good option.
[Reply]
elderboy02 02:15 PM 09-22-2010
Droid :-)
[Reply]
CigarNut 02:29 PM 09-22-2010
iPhone4 :-)

The droid may be good but the iPhone has been out so much longer that the app people have the whole thing wired and Apple has fixed up and streamlined iTunes to accomodate everthing very nicely. That is not yet the case for the droid.
[Reply]
Don Fernando 03:32 PM 09-22-2010
I absolutely love my HTC Desire. Android is awesome!
[Reply]
Ratters 05:07 PM 09-22-2010
My wife got the Samsung Captivate. As a phone I think it's much cooler than the iphone4, but the iphone still rules in the apps department. But when it's my time to upgrade I'm going with the Captivate as well. The screen is just amazing.
[Reply]
junkinduck 06:37 PM 09-23-2010
Love my iPhone. I'm using it to send this. I have a 3Gs. Will upgrade to what ever comes after the 4 unless AT&T gets something better. The iPhone is a great music player, video player, Internet browser, emailer, the apps are great and it will even make calls. Oh yea if u go apple get iCare mine had a little problem just after the year was up. I didn't hAve Icare and it was a hastle to get it repaired. Had to go to the apple store to get it fixed.
[Reply]
MikeyC 09:28 PM 09-23-2010
I have a love/hate relationship with my iPhone. I love the apps, iPod feature, etc. However, as a phone it STINKS. I get dropped calls and general bad reception all the time. I once had a dropped call while driving through downtown Boston. I mean if you can't get good reception in the middle of one of the largest cities in the USA then where can you get good reception????

Before this I had a Blackberry. While I never had a dropped call with my Blackberry the email service stunk and generally the device was not as capable as the iPhone.

My next phone will probably be a Droid X. My contract with AT&T is up in February and I'm likely leaving and never looking back.
[Reply]
CRIMPS 11:43 AM 09-28-2010
+1 Android.
[Reply]
stewshi 12:05 PM 09-28-2010
I agree with everyone for internet browsing stay away from the blackberry, I have one now and cant wait to get a full touchscreen phone.

Have you had a touchsreen before? Some people have trouble typing on them and prefer a physical keyboard ... if so check out any android phones they offer.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up