Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
General Discussion>It's Thanksgiving week, what are you thankful for?
Scottw 12:54 AM 11-22-2008
My family and I had a tough go of things (I have explained in previous posts). All in all I can say we came out alright. My business is booming, we upgraded the house and have two beautiful children that have everything they could want (except a cel phone for my daughter, her grades suck). What are you thankful for this Thanksgiving? I am thankful for my wife, kids, job, new home and my entire family whose support and love have gotten me through a bunch of s&^t. Plus we are all here, I am thankful for that.

God bless all you guys and girls!
[Reply]
icehog3 01:44 AM 11-22-2008
Family, health and friends.....and having this place where so many of my friends hang out. :-)
[Reply]
DavenportESQ 01:51 AM 11-22-2008
Family, friends, being free! and of course the ability to meet new people and make new friends through a silly little hobby(Or addiction)
[Reply]
SeanGAR 02:30 AM 11-22-2008
1. I'm thankful for all of those natural male enhancement advertisements that I responded to. Now I can have a pee while I'm laying in bed. At the beginning I was tripping a lot, as you would expect, but that duct tape works wonders.

2. Family, friends, good health

3. A job I love

4. I can make good beer (went through 2 five gallon kegs yesterday)

5. My liver ... thanks bud ... keep up the good work

Not necessarily in that order
[Reply]
JE3146 02:40 AM 11-22-2008
The support of a loving woman and a caring family. Without either, I could easily say I wouldn't be the person I am today.
[Reply]
mrreindeer 03:09 PM 11-24-2008
Man, Scott, great thread. I was going to post a new thread but thought I should check to see if anybody did already & sure enough...my buddy Scott took the reigns...nicely done. :-)

Well, I'm thankful for so much this year. It's been tough, for sure, business is down considerably from last year & the year before but it could be worse and I love my job; I'm healthy, my beautiful wife is healthy, our 2 cats are healthy; we've enjoyed a few nice trips this year, made some amazing new memories and we're trying our hand with IVF (In-Vitro Fertilization) so even though we're having difficulty trying for a kid on our own, we're blessed that we have this as an option.

We're thankful that our family & friends are healthy & happy and that all our homes are safe and have made it through the latest round of fires although our thoughts & prayers are with so many of those who lost so much this year.

I'm also thankful that we live a wonderful country in which we are free to speak our minds and do what we like when we like. I'm grateful for the troops who fight for our wonderful rights which we are able to enjoy each & every day!

I'm additionally grateful to have found CA & made some wonderful friends here. It really is one of the best things that's happened to me this year and it's because of you guys & gals. Even Pete. Thank you!!!
[Reply]
Cigary 03:18 PM 11-24-2008
We're thankful for our robust life and not having to work,,,so we get to stay home and watch the world spin. We are really thankful for a new grandbaby ( girl ) who will be born within the next week to join her spoiled 2 year old brother who we try to keep spoiled and sugared up.

We are one big happy animal loving family: 2 cats Clifford ( male ) and (female) Spaz once you have seen spaz you'd know why she is called that. Our dog Norman.

Thankful for this years blessings and hope for the next year that we will be able to take the point off of Pets hat. Happy Thanksgiving to all!
[Reply]
DBall 03:29 PM 11-24-2008
My wife.

(Aside from that, some of these great cigar deals... :-))
[Reply]
gettysburgfreak 03:38 PM 11-24-2008
This has been a difficult past few months for me. Even though I cannot find a job in my field and I received one rejection letter out of the 4 manuscripts I sent to publishers, I still consider myself a very fortunate person. I still have:

1. My family who mean everything to me. They continue to feed and shelter me until I can get on my feet and support my ambitions and decisions.

2. My health, so many people in this world who never get to experience simple things I take for granted.

3. Being alive and getting to experience new things
[Reply]
Genetic Defect 03:41 PM 11-24-2008
Family Friends and
[Reply]
acruce 06:55 PM 11-24-2008
I am thankful for my wife,my 2 children our health and a roof over our heads among other things.
[Reply]
zonedar 07:22 PM 11-24-2008
That I have a lovely wife, whom I love.

That I've never had a day where I went hungry or unsheltered that wasn't intentional on my part.

That I've had the chance to see other parts the world and know that I live in the greatest country in the world.
[Reply]
BlackDog 08:08 PM 11-24-2008
OK, for the past hour or so I've been sitting in the garage smoking a cigar and sipping a couple fingers of Buffalo Trace. The family is gone through next Sunday, and I'm home alone for the week. While I'm not going to have a traditional Thanksgiving Day with the family, I'm feeling pretty good about things. A quiet house gives me a little time to think.

So I get to thinking about the past year, and all I can say is that it's been one of the best ever. My wife is amazing. On one hand she's as tough as a drill sargeant and as focused as a lazer, but on the other hand she has a kind and gentle spirit about her.

My kids are all pretty much on top of their game, with a few normal distractions to be expected. My two oldest (19 & 17) are in college, one studying to get into medical research, the other to be a missionary nurse. They aren't as tough as my wife, but they have her lazer focus.

The next two (14 & 12) are still in junior high, but are kids of which any parent would be proud. They do well in school, are well spoken, and are attentive to the people around them. And they like to fish.

Then there's Thor (2), the little boy we adopted a few months ago. I still can't believe he's my son now. Sure he's got problems, and who knows what the future may hold for his health? But he's with us for now, and my happiness is complete. The Bible says our children are our inheritance, and I now understand what that means. He is a joy to me.

I have no idea how all of these wonderful things happened to a putz like me. Surely not by my own doing. My modus operandi has pretty much been as Sidney Freedman said: "Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice."

So yeah, I'm not going to be eating turkey on Thursday, but I am going to be pretty darn thankful.
[Reply]
DrDubzz 10:00 PM 11-24-2008
having a great, loving, beautiful wife, two dogs who are like our children (until we have the human kind), being over half way through with pharmacy school.

the fact that I get to see my family in a couple days, and that there will be Christmas presents there as well :-)

This community for the support and help everyone offers, and for the few boards I'm on in general for all of the information available to learn more about the leaf (whether rolled or in ribbon/flake/disk form). For the recent discounts available :-) ...

and for this thread
[Reply]
av8tor152d 10:04 PM 11-24-2008
Being home with my Family for the Holidays.
[Reply]
IBQTEE1 09:27 AM 11-25-2008
I am thankful that I am able to still pay my mortgage. But most of all I am thankful that I have a loving family and the greatest friends. I am looking forward to hanging out with the family.
[Reply]
Mr.Maduro 09:32 AM 11-25-2008

<-------------- See the avatar! :-)

Family, friends, health, happiness and their safety. Its what I pray for everynight. I'm blessed.
[Reply]
Da Klugs 09:36 AM 11-25-2008
My Parents for .... being what they are.
My wife and the 2 daughters she gave me.
My business partners who collectively have made a future together
My non-business partners who collectively helped everyone do this
Our military men and women who make everything else possible
The many friendships that make life so much richer
[Reply]
Tio Gato 04:43 AM 11-27-2008
I am thankful for my beautiful wife who loves me for reasons that I cannot understand.
The love of my family and the blessings God has given me that allows me to help them in their times of need. Both my parents have cancer and I am fortunate that I can take all the time necessary to help them.

I am the luckiest man in the world and I can't figure out why.
I really do have a lot to be thankful for.
Happy Thanksgiving to All!
[Reply]
Doogie 06:55 AM 11-27-2008
Great thread

1 A great and understanding wife. met in high school ( 1982 ) and still going strong

2 evrybody in the family is healthy

3 for the first time in years the whole family will be together today.

4 retired from corrections with my health and sanity.

5 landing my dream job as a cigar rep
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up